Standard Jewel cases

Since I usually do my c.d. shopping at the used section at stores, I'm always replacing broken cases. I normally go to my local K-Mart to pick up a few packs of Memorex standard size cases. Lately, they've been a bitch to find (Who still collects c.d.'s these days anyway, right?). I went online to kmart.com and ordered 6-10 packs (of Memorex) for a total of $32.04. I got the package in two days and none of them were broken.

If any of you are as anal as I am, you might want to look into them.

Staples tends to carry their own brand of standard size JCs, but they're more money and cheaply made.

• My Little Pony

Since I usually do my c.d. shopping at the used section at stores, I'm always replacing broken cases. I normally go to my local K-Mart to pick up a few packs of Memorex standard size cases. Lately, they've been a bitch to find (Who still collects c.d.'s these days anyway, right?). I went online to kmart.com and ordered 6-10 packs (of Memorex) for a total of $32.04. I got the package in two days and none of them were broken.

Staples tends to carry their own brand of standard size JCs, but they're more money and cheaply made.

Yeah, Staples' are cheeply made, but they're all I could find. I drove all over town looking for jewel cases--kinda ridiculous, when you think about it. I'll have to look into K-Mart, next time.

Yeah, Staples' are cheeply made, but they're all I could find. I drove all over town looking for jewel cases--kinda ridiculous, when you think about it. I'll have to look into K-Mart, next time.

Good luck with trying to find them in KMart. I ordered mine on their site. Memorex has the best. :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

Good luck with trying to find them in KMart. I ordered mine on their site. Memorex has the best. :tumbsup:

That's what I meant. I don't think K-Mart's in Canada anymore.

If you've got a Radio Shack store near you, that's where I usually get my replacement cases when I need'em...

This is where I pick up jewel cases....& blank dvdrs etc...

http://www.blankmedia.ca/

Thanks Dead, but the standard has a few different grades to them? :unsure:

This is the one I order:

CD JEWEL CASE SINGLE STANDARD WITH CLEAR TRAY MACHINE GRADE 200 PCS....$41.95 at the moment

They work great and I have no complaints...

Target also carries the 10 pack Memorex cases as well. That's where I buy mine. It sounds like Kmart is cheaper though. I think I pay just under $4.00 per pack at Target.

I used to get them at Kmart for $2.97 for a 10-pack and that was maybe 3 months ago. Just before they ran out, the price went up to $4.97 :wtf: .

I never thought about going to Radio shack.

Thanks for all your opinions. :tumbsup:

I've bought replacement cases at Target, Wal-Mart, Big Lots and Office Depot with Office Depot being the best quality. Target's are good but the trays are clear and I usually need black trays.

That's what I was going to say, Richie......I prefer the black cases. Just ordered a hundred on Amazon.Com....they have a bunch to choose from.

I've bought replacement cases at Target, Wal-Mart, Big Lots and Office Depot with Office Depot being the best quality. Target's are good but the trays are clear and I usually need black trays.

I've been running out of the black as well. I switch out with my wife's c.d.'s (She doesn't care). :whistle:

I've looked at Walmart and other stores lately and can't find them anywhere and the Walmart worker gave me a stupid comment after I asked for them. I guess I'm the only person that buys cds in that Walmart but they have two rows of new cds an aisle over from where I was looking. Stupid me for thinking that if you can buy new cds that are in jewel cases that you would be able to buy replacement cases in the same store. I'm so dumb sometimes.....

I've looked at Walmart and other stores lately and can't find them anywhere and the Walmart worker gave me a stupid comment after I asked for them. I guess I'm the only person that buys cds in that Walmart but they have two rows of new cds an aisle over from where I was looking. Stupid me for thinking that if you can buy new cds that are in jewel cases that you would be able to buy replacement cases in the same store. I'm so dumb sometimes.....

Or they have a shit load of Slimlines.. :doh:

I have been super lucky with Craigslist. I score hundreds at a time and seems to be just about anytime I need them. Some people try and sell them, but I get them/find them for free.

Seems a lot of people binder up their discs out West and that leaves me to snap up the cases. These people even leave the inserts... WTF!?

• My Little Pony

Seems a lot of people binder up their discs out West and that leaves me to snap up the cases. These people even leave the inserts... WTF!?

Yeah, people are stupid out here. Although, we're the ones that look a little stupid running around looking for jewel cases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If you've got a Radio Shack store near you, that's where I usually get my replacement cases when I need'em...

Thanx for the tip Keef.. :tumbsup:

Went to the Radio Shack at the Mall and they were selling Memorex 10 packs for $5.00 each. At least I have another place to go if KMart bellies up..

I picked up a couple 10 packs @ Office Max yesterday for $4 each. The nice thing is they have the black tray instead of the clear trays. Most of the time the cases I'm swapping out have the black trays and the new cases I was getting at Target had the clear ones, so I have 3 stacks of brand new clear trays sitting unused.

I have at least 2 shoe boxes filled with clear trays and only 10 black ones left. I only had 1 Office Max by me, but they closed down 2 years ago. I'm actually going to KMart today and see if they have any. If not, Radio Shack it is..

• 2 weeks later...