Unisonic

Glen

Not sure if anything has been posted about these guys?

A new band is about to enter the rock world: UNISONIC marks the fusion of exceptional vocalist Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween) with Dennis Ward (bass) and Kosta Zafiriou (drums) of Germanys Pink Cream 69. Swiss guitarist Mandy Meyer (known for his work with Asia, Gotthard and Krokus) and Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween and Gamma Ray) completes the line-up.

Unisonic will release its debut EP, "Ignition" on January 27 and a full-length album will be made available in March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XR65ATnBWI&feature=relmfu

Holy superstar band!!! Sounds like straight ahead stripped down speed metal with no keys. I hoping this track is simply intented to be the bands 'theme' song, it's cool, but with Dennis Ward on board I'm hoping that the rest is more melodic, with a sorta Place Vendome kinda sound...yet heavier. It reminds me of Helloween (hard not to with Kiske and Hansen) but minus any symphonic or theatrical elements. Let's just hope there are no songs about Heavy Metal Hamsters, I blame Weikath for those lame lyrics.

Holy superstar band!!! Sounds like straight ahead stripped down speed metal with no keys. I hoping this track is simply intented to be the bands 'theme' song, it's cool, but with Dennis Ward on board I'm hoping that the rest is more melodic, with a sorta Place Vendome kinda sound...yet heavier. It reminds me of Helloween (hard not to with Kiske and Hansen) but minus any symphonic or theatrical elements. Let's just hope there are no songs about Heavy Metal Hamsters, I blame Weikath for those lame lyrics.

This sounds AWESOME! I would say this is a cross between Place Vendome & older Helloween. Simple awesome and I can't wait.

The song is pretty awesome, yeah it's like classic Helloween, I doubt that UNISONIC will fits in this section as I believe they'll play a Power Metal style rather than Melodic Rock as in PLACE VENDOME. I think Amazon has this for pre-order but I'll go for the complete samples first, well at least this song is quite promising for the whole output.

and btw, I thought Michael Kiske had done with metal, looks like he licked it up again and ready for metal again :D

Kiske still sounds pretty good. I'm impressed.

Dude is still a Froot Loop though. Just sayin'. :blink:

and btw, I thought Michael Kiske had done with metal, looks like he licked it up again and ready for metal again :D

He needs the $$$$$. :lol:

Seriously he pops up on a Gamma Ray album and a show every so often as well as guesting with Avantasia a few times so he only hates Metal when he is promoting an AOR poject. :P

Definitely, there's just no room for idealism in this current economy.

If Michael Kiske in the end will collaborate with Selena Gomez or Justin Bieber, I think he might even consider it :D

damn I just remember Def Leppard was with Taylor Swift at one point and Bon Jovi with Carrie Underwood, so don't tell me it's not possible lol

I saw them playing live at SWden Rock last year. Kiske is bloody boring but the sounded pretty good. They played mostly Place Vendome songs and two helloween songs (a little time and one more I can't remember). Kai Hansen was not in the band at that time. I really looking forward to the release. It has been in the loop for a long time now.

First "new" song I've heard since about the 10th of December 2011, and well, someone's got to be honest. It's total crap, but I'm still hopeful about the album. Sounds like a good band and let's just hope this is one of the album's only blatant fillers. ;)

First "new" song I've heard since about the 10th of December 2011, and well, someone's got to be honest. It's total crap, but I'm still hopeful about the album. Sounds like a good band and let's just hope this is one of the album's only blatant fillers. ;)

Hey Geoff, then you can't like Helloween Keeper era. I think this song is absolutely great (must have heard it 20 times by now). It's better than everything with Helloween since Keeper part 2 maybe except from the dark ride which is great IMO.

Hey Geoff, then you can't like Helloween Keeper era. I think this song is absolutely great (must have heard it 20 times by now). It's better than everything with Helloween since Keeper part 2 maybe except from the dark ride which is great IMO.

Yeah, sorry mate. Tried a bit of Helloween in my days but never enjoyed any of it. :(

Yeah, sorry mate. Tried a bit of Helloween in my days but never enjoyed any of it. :(

Geoff, I know you don't like metal in general, but I'm interested to know how can you hate power metal genre so much when you also like melodic rock, because power metal (European) is sort of melodic rock with high speed tempo and some screaming. The classic HELLOWEEN, for example, their hits have been using lots of standard setup for MHR songs especially on the catchy choruses.

Most people I know that despise power metal usually hates MHR/AOR/hard rock as well because they think it's too simple, no challenge, too poppish, lack of heaviness, that kind of stuff, so usually if you're okay with MHR, chances are you'll also okay with European power metal, or at least you'll think it's decent and not crap :)

btw Ali, if you think 'Dark Ride' is great, then you should also like 'Gambling With The Devil' and '7 Sinners', both are awesome albums and I guess they're better than 'Dark Ride'

i wonder why UNISONIC didn't put out a full-length album ? I know this project has been announced since two years ago, and hopefully it's not because the lack of idea, because if they do, this EP will only have one strong tune and the rest are fillers lol

Geoff, I know you don't like metal in general, but I'm interested to know how can you hate power metal genre so much when you also like melodic rock, because power metal (European) is sort of melodic rock with high speed tempo and some screaming. The classic HELLOWEEN, for example, their hits have been using lots of standard setup for MHR songs especially on the catchy choruses.

Most people I know that despise power metal usually hates MHR/AOR/hard rock as well because they think it's too simple, no challenge, too poppish, lack of heaviness, that kind of stuff, so usually if you're okay with MHR, chances are you'll also okay with European power metal, or at least you'll think it's decent and not crap :)

btw Ali, if you think 'Dark Ride' is great, then you should also like 'Gambling With The Devil' and '7 Sinners', both are awesome albums and I guess they're better than 'Dark Ride'

i wonder why UNISONIC didn't put out a full-length album ? I know this project has been announced since two years ago, and hopefully it's not because the lack of idea, because if they do, this EP will only have one strong tune and the rest are fillers lol

Simple answer - the drums.

I like heavy songs as much as the next guy, but if you're going to throw some shitty tune at me with unrelenting fast paced drums and no variation, I'm going to be bored stupid. The blatant filler on most hard rock albums from the 80's was always that one towards the end where they just played all guns blazing, forsaking all sense of song craft, even if they did try to save it with a melodic chorus. There are exceptions, but a good chorus can't save most that stuff. To me it's no better than a more well played version of punk rock, which I also despise.

Better Than Raw is the best Helloween album with Deris IMO and I actually prefer the Deris years over the brief Kiske catalog. Sure I love the two Keepers discs but the two after that were shit and everything they've done with Deris is brilliant IMO. I love all 8 of them with Better Than Raw, Dark Ride, Time of the Oath and probably Gambling being my favs but I love them all.

Better Than Raw is the best Helloween album with Deris IMO and I actually prefer the Deris years over the brief Kiske catalog. Sure I love the two Keepers discs but the two after that were shit and everything they've done with Deris is brilliant IMO. I love all 8 of them with Better Than Raw, Dark Ride, Time of the Oath and probably Gambling being my favs but I love them all.

I still like Master of the Rings a lot. I think Deris is the voice of helloween. He has a slew of classic songs and albums in his tenure - Dark Ride, Gambling, 7 Sinners.

I still like Master of the Rings a lot. I think Deris is the voice of helloween. He has a slew of classic songs and albums in his tenure - Dark Ride, Gambling, 7 Sinners.

Plus while I love Kiske's voice and it is great it does have it's limitations and he's able to sing with any grit like Andi does and to me Andi has a much more original voice which takes things up another level IMO. I also love the three PC 69 discs with Andi too. :beerbang:

It's hard to compare Kiske and Deris in this case because Kiske had only done two great albums (which is their masterpiece) and two after that is where Helloween started to deteriorate because of the musical climate and disputes between Kai Hansen and the bands.

To say the real voice of Helloween is Deris is still debatable, that's only because Deris spent more time in Helloween than Kiske, but most of the classic and hits were in Kiske era, so both have important places in the band. I personally choose Kiske but I don't hate Deris vocal at all, I agree with Wes that he has original pipe.

For Deris era, I choose 'Masters', 'Gambling', and 'Sinners' as his best, while 'Dark Ride' and 'Better' are only okay for me. Good point is that Deris seems to fit well there and Helloween also seems to do pretty good post-Kiske.

Simple answer - the drums.

I like heavy songs as much as the next guy, but if you're going to throw some shitty tune at me with unrelenting fast paced drums and no variation, I'm going to be bored stupid. The blatant filler on most hard rock albums from the 80's was always that one towards the end where they just played all guns blazing, forsaking all sense of song craft, even if they did try to save it with a melodic chorus. There are exceptions, but a good chorus can't save most that stuff. To me it's no better than a more well played version of punk rock, which I also despise.

Okay I think that explains.

Punk rock plays a big role in influencing sleaze, heavy metal, and thrash movement in the past, but I also don't really like the raw punk rock like SEX PISTOLS or RAMONES even though I don't hate them much, but I kinda like if they combine some punks (but not too much) with heavy metal and hard rock, probably that's the reason I love GNR because they have that element balanced out in their music.

Personally I would much rather a new Place Vendome album ;-)

Book me a seat on that plane for sure.

There is room for both projects, however if this is the end of Place Vendome I won't be happy.

Personally I would much rather a new Place Vendome album ;-)

Book me a seat on that plane for sure.

There is room for both projects, however if this is the end of Place Vendome I won't be happy.

let's save PLACE VENDOME and BROTHER FIRETRIBE for 2013, who knows it might be the race for album of the year later on :)