RC COLA

66 mustang

Been a while since I had the plain ol' RC Cola, but just a few months ago my wife came home with a 12 pack of the Cherry RC. When I sez "Since when do we drink this?" she sez "Since it was on sale, and I had a coupon for it cuz it was new." Can't argue with that logic.

RC was my fav cola growing up and even up through college and I bought it often when I lived in Illinois but I don't think they even sell in Wyoming or if they do I never notice it.

Another great soda that I can only get back that way is SKI which is made in Tennesse.

was it any good?

Meh, it was a'ight if you like Cherry cola, I guess. I prefer plain ole cola flavored cola so I wasn't all that crazy about it.

was it any good?

Meh, it was a'ight if you like Cherry cola, I guess. I prefer plain ole cola flavored cola so I wasn't all that crazy about it.

I'm with you. I think cola should be cola. no cherry this or that crap. That being said and the fact that I don't drink many cola's anymore I can drink Coke. Pepsi taste just nasty to me and If I'm at a place that only serves pepsi products I will get a water or on a rare occasion it will be mountain dew.

We have a soda brand out here in Arizona called Shasta (they're based in southern California) that's really good for an "indie" brand. Been drinking their stuff since the early 70's. They have a bunch of out of the ordinary flavors, and their cola is better than RC IMO.

Np - Plunge - 'Hometown Hero'

I remember drinking gallons of RC when I was a kid and I remember them putting baseball players mugs on the cans which at the time was a ton of fun. Rod Carew was certainly a fave...

Best cola ever was OK soda from the early 90's. Coke made it and it tasted just like, what we called when we were kids, a "graveyard". Like when you mix all the different pops together... YUM!

Best cola ever was OK soda from the early 90's. Coke made it and it tasted just like, what we called when we were kids, a "graveyard". Like when you mix all the different pops together... YUM!

"Graveyard". Hadn't heard that term for it. As kids we always called them "suicides". Nothing like going into Burger King in town because at the time they were the only place that had the customer soda dispensers, so we always made some nasty-ass mixes.

RC was a favorite of mine when I was a kid but no one else in the house liked it so mom never bought it. I might have to go seek out some just to refresh my memory.

I too have cut back on my soda intake. I used to drink it all day every day, now most of the time I have one per day, with my lunch at work.

I don't get into the whole "Coke vs. Pepsi" debate cuz quite honestly, I've been drinking mostly store brand sodas for years now and they all pretty much taste the same to me... :blink:

"Graveyard". Hadn't heard that term for it. As kids we always called them "suicides". Nothing like going into Burger King in town because at the time they were the only place that had the customer soda dispensers, so we always made some nasty-ass mixes.

RC was a favorite of mine when I was a kid but no one else in the house liked it so mom never bought it. I might have to go seek out some just to refresh my memory.

We called it suicides as well.

I used to love JOLT cola? Remember them? Double the caffeine!! :banger:

Do they even make that anymore?

RC always reminded me of diet soda for some reason. I usually avoided it. Don't see that much anymore either.

I never cared for RC growing up, I was a Coke man, but it's my fav now, they have it in Texas. I've lost my taste for Coke, and Pepsi is just too sweet. I mostly drink the HEB stores house "cola", tastes like RC, with a bite but not too sweet. Most of my fav sodas are not colas though

We have a soda brand out here in Arizona called Shasta (they're based in southern California) that's really good for an "indie" brand. Been drinking their stuff since the early 70's. They have a bunch of out of the ordinary flavors, and their cola is better than RC IMO.

I remember Shasta :tumbsup:

Shasta or R.C. have not been consumed since the 70's.