The Summers

Glen

Out this week by the look.

Yeah Jez,april 2nd according to their website :)

Nice..Might have a pop at one of these mate :beerbang:

Out this week by the look.

Yeah Jez,april 2nd according to their website :)

Nice..Might have a pop at one of these mate :beerbang:

Received an email from them today,my cd is on its way :)

I may have got a sneaky listen to this one today. Average songs at track 8 and 9, but aside from that it's a gem-fest. If you liked Wildstreet and are a fan of Def Leppard, and big hooks, pretty sure you'll love this. It's not perfect, not a flawless record, but it's really great, imo. Fresh, big melodies and catchy choruses everywhere. There was no song I hated, despite the weak 2 I mentioned, and for the most part it's a magnificent listen.

My favourite songs would basically be all of the first 7 and 'I told you so,' which is a killer melodic rocker with a great chorus. 'Terminator' is a little frustrating as it has perfect verses, but a very weak, nothing chorus. Overall, though, really nice disc.

Mine arrived this morning,such fast delivery :) excellent disc so far after two spins.

Got mine too. Mega quick. Fab disc too.

Mine arrived this morning,such fast delivery :) excellent disc so far after two spins.

:-( hopefully tomorrow

:-( hopefully tomorrow

Please check your messenger inbox. Thanks !

• 5 weeks later...

Ok just finished up my 4th listen through this, and I do not think it's all that great, nothing mind blowing, EXCEPT!! there is a song on here called Girls, and folks, this song stands far and above the rest of the album, it would be the single in a correct world, and it alone made me not upset about spending money on the album, it is going into my favorite playlist on my ipod, which doesnt see alot of new songs, and it may stand in on my best of 2013 list at years end, thats right, the song is GIRLS! and it alone is worth the money of the album

• 2 weeks later...

Not much commentary on this one? As with about 20 other CDs from this year so far, I've given it a solid 81%. It's not perfect, but there is some great stuff on it. A couple of fillers do hurt the overall score, but some tracks like 'Told you so,' 'Let's make love' and 'Too late' are close to perfect. 'Superhero,' 'Girls' and 'Steal away' are winners too.

The first 7 tracks, in fact, are all great, but of the last 5 songs, only 'Told you so' is fantastic and the other 4 songs are pretty average / below average. It's a disappointing end to a very good CD, and a pretty lazy effort. If I remember their website prior to this release well enough, I'm sure they had other great songs and could have put a bit more effort into the end of this CD. Still, I would definitely recommend this for the highlights.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

So it seems their second album is under way. I tried to buy the first one from Amazon but fuck me, they don't ship to Finland. Dammit!

From their website:

We are very sorry our second album has taken a while to come to fruition but we’ve had members leave, Marriages, Babies, make ups, break ups, but we are pleased to say we are busy whittling away in the studio, banging, crashing even the odd wallop. We are all on the same page and have the same ideas so we are finally getting somewhere.

We wanted a new sound, we loved 364 and are so proud of it but we want to take this album in a new direction, we’ve been getting inspiration from all sorts of genres which is helping to shape the new sound…Don’t worry though we are still a Rock Band, that will never change…

Now if you want to hear a few of these new Songs, we are pleased to announce we will be supporting Kane`d March 10th at the Camden underworld. We are going to be taking more bookings getting back out working on our live show which we cannot wait for.

Summers
XxXxX

Some tracks from the debut:

Wow, I'd just assumed they were done and dusted. Very good to hear there is the possibility of a second album. I really enjoyed the debut.