Hockey goalie pays tribute to Iron Maiden on his mask

Evil Rick

Thought this was pretty cool, Winnipeg Jets goaltender Chris Mason and his new mask w/Iron Maiden's Eddie on it!

right-300x300.jpg

Here's the link to the story:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/man-in-the-iron-maiden-mask-128143703.html

Sweet! :banger:

"Iron Maiden's Eddie first appeared on the Aces High album cover..."

Wow, his first appearance 14+ years after his first appearance on an album cover of an album that doesn't exist?

:) Is it really that hard to do a fact check/Google search. :)

Cool mask none the less.

"Iron Maiden's Eddie first appeared on the Aces High album cover..."

Wow, his first appearance 14+ years after his first appearance on an album cover of an album that doesn't exist?

:) Is it really that hard to do a fact check/Google search. :)

Cool mask none the less.

Yeah that was pretty bad, looks like many people commenting below the story are letting the writer know that. Definitely something I never would've expected to see on a hockey mask. :headbanger:

Good work that man. Metal and ice hockey - great combination!

No opportunities for anything like that in mainstream UK sports really. Unless Maiden start sponsoring a team...

No opportunities for anything like that in mainstream UK sports really. Unless Maiden start sponsoring a team...

From all the Maiden "movies" I've seen aren't they massive "football" (soccer) fans? Wonder if they would be more apt to get into that? They should have enough dough$$$$$!

From all the Maiden "movies" I've seen aren't they massive "football" (soccer) fans? Wonder if they would be more apt to get into that? They should have enough dough$$$$$!

Some or all of them are West Ham United fans. It would take a considerable portion of the Maiden fortunes to pay off West Ham's debts from what I've read!

• 11 months later...

Chris Mason left Winnipeg in the offseason and is now back playing for Nashville. His new mask was recently unveiled, again paying tribute to his favorite band...

http://www.cbssports...-to-iron-maiden

081312_masontop.jpg

081312_masonsides.jpg

Coooool. (Although not quite as good as the previous one.)

I agree, the new one kicks ass for sure, but the previous one looked better imo.

What'so special 'bout him that distinguishes him from millions and millions of fans who express their love in one way or another? I prefer the female fans of pussy riot,btw... B)

Because you don't see a whole lot of professtional athletes supporting the music we enjoy. :)