Music Players

• My Little Pony

I use iTunes. Definitely not the best, but it's convenient, considering I have an iPod and iPhone. I use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs because it atomatically organizes them in nice, clean, easy to acess folders.

I use Mediamonkey as its by far the best music player I have ever used. My only problem with it is that to rip more than a handful of CDs, you have to pay for the premium version, which is a joke.

Can honestly say that since it was recommended (by someone here I believe) to me, I have been using it for years now, and will always recommend it to other people as well.

I use iTunes. Definitely not the best, but it's convenient, considering I have an iPod and iPhone. I use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs because it atomatically organizes them in nice, clean, easy to acess folders.

I was thinking of going to itunes but can't figure some things out on it. I like how it makes playlists and random albums. Like if I wand to play an album I can't figure it out. On windows media you just right click on the album and hit play.

One of the main reasons I switched to Mediamonkey was because of the ID3 tagging function, which allows me to put artwork into all my MP3's and edit any incorrect details such as misspelling that cant be corrected by simply renaming the main file.

One of the main reasons I switched to Mediamonkey was because of the ID3 tagging function, which allows me to put artwork into all my MP3's and edit any incorrect details such as misspelling that cant be corrected by simply renaming the main file.

second that!

i've been using Monkey for quite sometimes and pretty much highly satisfied with the features

MediaMonkey is by far the best ou there - I've been using it for years.

A more recent program which also looks quite good and is getting great reviews is MusicBee http://getmusicbee.com/. I've tried MusicBee very briefly and it is very good but I still think MediaMonkey is the best out there.

I-Tunes and Windows Media Player are horrible.

A good feature of MediaMonkey is the ability to right click on a song or selection of songs and click on "send to iPhone" (or any other device) - this copies the selected tracks to your iPhone in seconds and means you don't have to muck around with the shitty iTunes interface. Unfortunately you still need iTunes if you want to remove songs from your iPhone as I believe there is no other way of doing that as yet.

I also use MediaMonkey.

If you've got an iPod/iPhone etc, it is so much more flexible than iTunes.

In what way?

You can edit (rename/re-tag/ update artwork) songs already on your iPod, remove songs, copy songs back to your pc.

I also use MediaMonkey.

In what way?

You can edit (rename/re-tag/ update artwork) songs already on your iPod, remove songs, copy songs back to your pc.

Sorry for being a bit thick, but why would you want to do that?

Also is it easy to copy songs across which are already on itunes?

I am also guilty of the cardinal sin of actually downloading an album or bonus tracks from itunes - would I have to download via Amazon or the like??

ta

I also use MediaMonkey.

In what way?

Sorry for being a bit thick, but why would you want to do that?

Also is it easy to copy songs across which are already on itunes?

I am also guilty of the cardinal sin of actually downloading an album or bonus tracks from itunes - would I have to download via Amazon or the like??

ta

You could always use both it you like downloading from iTunes.

You sometimes need to re-tag etc because the download site be it iTunes,Amazon or whatever doesn't always have the correct info or you want to tag the artwork to each individual track & not just the album.

It has to be said, I prefer Amazon or Play for downlaods because they're quite often cheaper & a higher bitrate.

Retagging is often needed if you download from sources outside the normal channels or when ripping CDs yourself, as sometimes you get errors from people who initially submitted the info.

If you rename the actual file by right clicking on it, that doesnt correct the ID3 tag info, meaning the spelling mistake or whatever may still display on your MP3 player. And also, if you rip yourself, you wont necessarily have the artwork in the MP3, so Mediamonkey allows you to add it.

• My Little Pony

I've never heard of MediaMonkey. I'll have to give it a try, if it's even half as good as you boys are suggesting.

I've never heard of MediaMonkey. I'll have to give it a try, if it's even half as good as you boys are suggesting.

Yeah that was what I was thinking, but the 'advantages' just seem to be things that I have either never done (never re-tagged and never had to??) or will never need to do.....like adding artwork to an MP3 player?? It spends all day in my pocket - as long as the song/album shows up that's all that bothers me.

Maybe Im just a simple man.........

• My Little Pony

Yeah that was what I was thinking, but the 'advantages' just seem to be things that I have either never done (never re-tagged and never had to??) or will never need to do.....like adding artwork to an MP3 player?? It spends all day in my pocket - as long as the song/album shows up that's all that bothers me.

Yep. Use whatever works for you. Those things that aren't important to you are to me, and I like what I'm hearing with regards to the simplicity of updating the information on my iPod/iPhone.

Yep. Use whatever works for you. Those things that aren't important to you are to me, and I like what I'm hearing with regards to the simplicity of updating the information on my iPod/iPhone.

Well I just deleted about 7 albums from my iphone and added about 4 in about 1-2 mins. Not sure what is so bad about that??

Hey ho.

Haha, yeah I'm pretty much where Glen is at, even at a more basic level? I switch between Windows Media Player and Itunes and really am not thinking of much more than just simply ripping the music or adding and deleting downloads as they are. Don't get me wrong - the Mediamonkey thing sounds good and I'm also thinking of having a look at it. I've seen it mentioned here before, but just never needed anything more than what I already have. I almost got a 160gb Ipod on the weekend (c*nts were sold out in Sydney) and although I missed out, it's still a plan. Maybe if/when I get that I'll make a bit more effort and look at this Mediamonkey thing.

Good tips and advice in this thread, though.