"Adriano-Beware"

Ultra rare, impossible to find american glam/metal band from Detroit, Michigan released in 1991. Indie release and impossible to find.

Any more info's on this rare gem?

:):):)

My first thoughts when I saw this thread...

Some people are going way over the top here!

The guy is warning of possible problems thats all.

Thank you, this was only to warn collectors to be aware of possible problems (nothing more)

Adriano, I could PM you our e-mail conversation if you want to show you who cancelled the deal, but the purpose of this thread was not to let everyone here know who cancelled the deal. As everyone here can read my postings, I had 1 intention of this thread, and that was to warn collectors of possible problems that could arise, such as what I was dealing with.

I'm not trying to ruin your name Adriano, in fact you can see in my postings that I actually complimented you and your knowledge (have not seen a single kind word from you in long time, or maybe ever) I am just letting everyone know what to watch out for.

With a title called Adriano and a subtitle called beware. Kinda hard to think someone is not trying to ruin someone elses reputation.

If I see an album or movie review with a negative word to describe it in the title bar, I'm sure not going to read the article hoping to find the positives.

It might have been better to focus on the cd in question and not the seller.

I agree. This topic comes across as an attempt to defame someone - that is clear from the very start.

No, not at all, read everything I have to say about Adriano. I mention things to be aware of when dealing with him, and I also mention that the guy really knows his stuff. I don't have all bad things to say about the guy, but there are some things people should be aware of. This thread is in no way a benefit to me, I was looking out for other collectors on the site.

I asked for the matrix number on one of them (being that there is a bootleg pressing of it)

Just an FYI - but matrix numbers are not a reliable way to determine if a CD is a bootleg...the numbers can match on a bootleg CD, the bootleggers can find out what the matrix numbers should be and put them on their CDs too. You need to look at what the matrix numbers look like, not what they actually are. Most record pressing companies have a distinct font they use (like Nimbus for instance).

I agree with you, but it's not the fact that the CD was a bootleg that bothers me, mistakes do happen. What bothers me is the fact that he thought it was a bootleg and didn't bother letting me know beforehand. If he would have not known that it might be a boot, and I ended up getting the CD from him, then the story would have played out much different (assuming that I would be repaid for the mistake of course)

you just made the damage with your dirty subtitle....stop with the blablabla about this fact...everybody now will ask me the matrix number and proves that I am not selling a boot or fake, as I said to be 100% about a certain cd I don´t own at least more 2-3 copies of the same cd to compare them. As more as you say, less I respect your words. I guess HH members will think the same....you´re not a saint, you were angry and posted this message with bad intentions...I am still asking to moderators to delete all this filth,and I will reply any comment made by you if I feel I was reached. I don´t build my reputation for free...years and years of honest and serious job, sometimes losing money on trades that I had to fixed out due to third parts issues....remember I live in a country with a bad image, also known for some swindlers in the recent past, so I had to work a lot to obtain the actual credibility...you used a very small issue (fortunately not completed) to try to maculate my name...what if if I was not sure about the Glasgow cd? If you show me I was trading a bootleg as an original I would replace it immediately. it´s a $25 cd, not a $1,000 cd!!! I just made some mistakes in the past like 99% of the memebrs here...I believe nobody have any complaint against me (not mentioning the overpriced stuff). So make something fair and agree the cancelation of that messages/posts. at least you could minimize my loss...I leave my last question: WILL YOU ASK EVERYONE TO SEND THE MATRIX NUMBER OF EVERY CD, AND WHAT ABOUT THE WELL KNOWN BOOTLEGGERS THAT ALSO SELL ORIGINALS??? I am sure the community want to know what you have to say. I never tried to deceive anyone.

you´re not a saint, you were angry and posted this message with bad intentions

Not angry, but I did feel like I was being deceived by you. I might not be a saint, but I do everything in my power to let someone know exactly what they are getting from me. I don't doubt that you are honest in many of your dealings, but you have to admit that it was not good practice to neglect mentioning that a CD you were trying to trade me might be a bootleg, especially when you've been doing this as long as you have. I doubt you would feel any different if I did the same to you.

My entire intention of this thread was to warn others, so they could avoid this problem in the future. I also encourage anyone who has ever had dealings with Adriano (Good and Bad) to give their experience, and I'm guessing you will likely see more good than bad. But I think it's only fair of me to give a heads up to all the collectors on here warning of possible problems (that can easily be avoided) And by all means, if anyone here feels like I'm a possible threat (as a buyer, seller, or trader) to others on this board, I see it fit to post about it.

NO. he is trying to destroy my reputation using a nasty title like "ADRIANO - BEWARE". I will not permit. Everybody know I don´t sell bootlegs. It was a small mistake I apologized and this guy transformed the whole thing.

NO. he is trying to destroy my reputation using a nasty title like "ADRIANO - BEWARE". I will not permit. Everybody know I don´t sell bootlegs. It was a small mistake I apologized and this guy transformed the whole thing.

I'm not trying to destroy your reputation, you're doing a good enough job of doing that on your own. I think as long as collectors ask you the right questions about what they are getting, the transaction between you two will run press smooth. I just wanted to give out the heads up, so people know that they might want to ask the questions instead of assume that you are being totally upfront with them.

Adriano is a very well educated guy, who knows the ropes when it comes to rare collectible CDs, and has done a great job on finding very rare CDs for people. I don't want anyone to stop doing business with him off of what I have said, I just want people to be aware of things you should address when working with him. Anyway, I've basically said everything that needs to be said, and I don't care for this to become a bigger deal than it really needs to be.

remember I live in a country with a bad image, also known for some swindlers in the recent past, so I had to work a lot to obtain the actual credibility...

I never knew that Brazil has this image when it comes to what we like (trading or selling). What I know is that this country is the only one that can match Singapore when it comes to creativity. With some of the biggest superstars in the advertising world.

Now this comment will throw everything out of hand.

Just my 2 cents worth after reading reply after reply:

When I first read the thread, before most of the back and forth responses, I didn't see anything out of line. After all, this thread is section of the forum is here for a reason. Those of you who have traded with Adriano and had good experiences I'm sure will continue to trade with him. My guess is M4M will not.

I really don't think that one (possible honest mistake) will hurt a reputation of someone of Adriano's stature. I also don't believe that this thread will hurt his reputation either. I just took this thread as a "heads up".

I want to point out... I'm not taking sides here, I'm just stating how I took this thread. I didn't see it as an effort to ruin anyone's reputation.

• 1 month later...

And I throw in my 2 cents as well.... [not that it is probably even worth 2 cents, but...]

I have been dealing with Adriano for over 10 years. Some may consider his prices high, but he also PAYS top dollar for the ones he desires. I have had many deals with him and he is top-notch all the way around. Everyone has bad days. That is what it probably boils down to with whomever is right or wrong in this deal. I know I have had some shit go south over the years, but it has never been intentional on my part. I believe Adriano has the same integrity.

Just my 2 cents worth after reading reply after reply:

When I first read the thread, before most of the back and forth responses, I didn't see anything out of line. After all, this thread is section of the forum is here for a reason. Those of you who have traded with Adriano and had good experiences I'm sure will continue to trade with him. My guess is M4M will not.

I really don't think that one (possible honest mistake) will hurt a reputation of someone of Adriano's stature. I also don't believe that this thread will hurt his reputation either. I just took this thread as a "heads up".

I want to point out... I'm not taking sides here, I'm just stating how I took this thread. I didn't see it as an effort to ruin anyone's reputation.

Exactly how I feel. Transactions go south for whatever reason. I recently had a transaction with M4E's brother go sour, and I am still working to get that one rectified. But on the issue with Adriano, I feel M4E was straight up honest about the warning (without going overboard), and was very cordial in his responses to some rather sharp confrontations. I cannot find fault with what he stated.

Reading through this thread again after the dust has settled somewhat.

Positive and negative firsthand reports on trades/sales is exactly what this forum is for, so no, I am not going to delete this thread. It stays.

That said, the tenor seems to have calmed down a little bit, and the OP's admission that the intent was not to throw Adriano under the bus, makes it seem like the "Beware" subtitle was a bit much and might imply something to those who don't read further, so I have removed that subtitle from the thread.

People will read and draw their own conclusions, both pro and con. For as much as the OP may have had or may be having issues with Adriano, there are others posting here stating positive experiences dealing with him. That's the point of this section. One bad experience does not necessarily tell the entire story. With various people stepping in and giving their perspectives, one gets a better overall picture.

None of us are all good or all bad; the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

-Dan

Positive and negative firsthand reports on trades/sales is exactly what this forum is for, so no, I am not going to delete this thread. It stays.

That said, the tenor seems to have calmed down a little bit, and the OP's admission that the intent was not to throw Adriano under the bus, makes it seem like the "Beware" subtitle was a bit much and might imply something to those who don't read further, so I have removed that subtitle from the thread.

People will read and draw their own conclusions, both pro and con. For as much as the OP may have had or may be having issues with Adriano, there are others posting here stating positive experiences dealing with him. That's the point of this section. One bad experience does not necessarily tell the entire story. With various people stepping in and giving their perspectives, one gets a better overall picture.

-Dan

Very sensible, impressive post. Nice to see.

-Dan

Very sensible, impressive post. Nice to see.

KUDOS for leaving the post (with edited subtitle).

Good luck to both M4M and Adriano on future trades (though maybe not together). After all... We are all here for our love of music.

took a while to take a fair decision, but thank you Dan for doing what is right....I don´t have to prove anything after 11 years of thousands of successfull deals all over the world...always top collectibles for the elite collectors, and the most important: I never obliged anyone to buy any cd, anyone knows how much the gem worths, most of times with huge discounts! also thanks to all partners/friends for the support with great feedbacks. I was hating to see my name involved in a thead with a "BEWARE" subtitle. I was sad and very disappointed. Many people doing terrible things, ripping off people and I feeling I was in the same bag...Now I am prepared to present the best auction ever, coming until the end of the year...stay tuned! :drink:

i've traded with adriano on atleast half-a-dozen occassions and never had any problems.

sure, as mentioned by others, it can often be hard to strike a deal, but no one is obliged to do any trades with anyone else if they don't wish.

the product itself has pretty much always been as described.

as much as i guess adrianio objects to this thread (as he is the focus of it) i still think it's important for traders on this site to be on the lookout for each other. lonnie is a classic case.... he was doing dodgey shit all over the place but no-one mentioned anything cos they didn't wanna rock the boat and maybe thought their deal was the only one gone bad. If only someone had mentioned something early on.

if anything this thread has shown maybe the issue described in the OP is a once off, with basically everyone else being happy with Adriano and his cds. If others had a been experiencing similar issues then it would have been a great way to brinign it to everyones attention. In reality it appears to be an isolated incident, and really no damage done to adriano. I'll won't hesitate to trade with Adriano again unless others come fowrward with bad stories.

maybe there casn be an option of rating traders on this site, so if people do have concerns regarding another trader on this site then the info is accessbile. (i've actually seen this on another metal trading site)

• My Little Pony

-Dan

Okay, now that pisses me off as I've always considered myself all good! :guitbannana:

And me all bad!!!