NEW KIVEL RELEASE, Chasing Magic!

KIVELRECORDS

Chasing Magic hails from the Midwest of the good ol USA, where they deliver their own special blend of Melodic Rock. The band's self-titled debut CD is due August 16th, 2011 via Kivel Records. What the band offers is a set of tunes that will showcase soaring anthemic choruses, melodic guitar work, and hooks upon hooks. This is a band that is unapologetic for the style they play and wear their influences on their sleeve. With a sound reminiscent of such bands as Night Ranger, Winger, and Giant.

Although a new band to the scene, Chasing Magic's frontman is not completely an unknown. Since 2007 Jason Pawlak has helped pen and contribute tunes for some of his fellow contemporaries: musical acts such as Goodbye Thrill, Tango Down and Farcry. Now it is time for Jace to show he can command a band and album of his own and not just be a behind the scenes guy. This album was a labor of love for Jace, and has been a long time coming. On it you will hear his unique blend of vocal melodies and guitar work that will leave you wanting more by the end of the album.

Rob Evans - Powerplay Magazine: "Jason Pawlak is one of the most underrated singer/songwriters in the world of AOR at this current moment."

Anyone that has been in a band will express how being in a band is sometimes like a family, well Chasing Magic is just that! Jace is joined by Dennis Pawlak (guitars, bass, vocals) and Trevor Pawlak (guitars, vocals), making this power trio. Not just a band playing music, but a family that is Chasing Magic!!! So pop in the album, close your eyes, turn up the volume and Enjoy!”

Chasing Magic is due August 16th. Pre-order your copy now @ www.kivelrecords.com.

Not a big fan of the band name (if you heard that "Chasing Magic" were playing at your local venue you might expect a couple of gay magicians rather than a melodic rock band), but the press release makes this one essential to check out. Whatever happened to Goodbye Thrill anyway?

Not a big fan of the band name (if you heard that "Chasing Magic" were playing at your local venue you might expect a couple of gay magicians rather than a melodic rock band), but the press release makes this one essential to check out. Whatever happened to Goodbye Thrill anyway?

GT put out a new disc last year and I think the singer Marc has put out some solo stuff too.

GT put out a new disc last year

Why did you not phone me immediately upon release and tell me about this? :lol:

Seriously, did I miss this one?

Hello Tim

Odd you missed this tid bit on the GBT disc. We released KEEPSAKES which was a cd of unreleased songs, remixes etc. Which also comes with a 1 hour dvd of the band in the studio, live and more. So cd and dvd for $12. Thrill also released a full length studio album OUTRAGEOUS Shortly after that. If you pre order the CHASING MAGIC and get the two Thrill discs with your pre order, you will get one of the titles half price automatic on our order page. Not a bad deal. Marco also recently released a FERREIRA cd which you can find on itunes. Hope all of this helped!

JK

Hello Tim

Odd you missed this tid bit on the GBT disc. We released KEEPSAKES which was a cd of unreleased songs, remixes etc. Which also comes with a 1 hour dvd of the band in the studio, live and more. So cd and dvd for $12. Thrill also released a full length studio album OUTRAGEOUS Shortly after that. If you pre order the CHASING MAGIC and get the two Thrill discs with your pre order, you will get one of the titles half price automatic on our order page. Not a bad deal. Marco also recently released a FERREIRA cd which you can find on itunes. Hope all of this helped!

JK

Thanks John, I pre-ordered the Chasing Magic and picked-up a couple of others. Can't believe I missed the Goodbye Thrill disc, the first was a monster.

Hello Tim

JK

Thanks John, I pre-ordered the Chasing Magic and picked-up a couple of others. Can't believe I missed the Goodbye Thrill disc, the first was a monster.

Hey Tim

Yes, Laurie Processed your order this morning. So your all set. The CHASING MAGIC will arrive Aug 16th. So all three titles will ship to you that day. Please share your thoughts here on all of the above when you get them.

here are snippits from the dvd to give you a taste of what to expect from the GBT DVD. Hope you like!!

Let Me Sleep Video

Let Me Sleep Acoustic

And this one did not make the dvd!

Dont Stop Believin

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered this one along with the new FarCry tshirt.

You and me both Wes. That new FarCry shirt looks friggin' cool as hell! Looking forward to these showing up in the mail any day now. :beerbang:

You and me both Wes. That new FarCry shirt looks friggin' cool as hell! Looking forward to these showing up in the mail any day now. :beerbang:

Thanks Rick. Yours and Wes both shipped yesterday So you guys should have them by the weekend.

JK

A new shirt for DRF or ERF 2012 that is if they even have it.

I say just have a Kivel Fest instead. :headbanger:

• My Little Pony

Where can I see the shirt? I'm not finding anything on the site.

Hey K.R.O.F :-)

Whats your email? I will email u a jpeg of it to check out. Or if someone can tell me how to post it here ill do that as well :-) Its a two sided shirt. Revised Logo on the front, with artwork and tour dates on the back. From Ny, Nj, Ma, Sd, Il, Uk, Ri etc etc etc.

Shirts come in white or black.

JK

• 2 weeks later...

Really like this one. Very classy songwriting and big harmonies, kinda have a Boston/Night Ranger vibe about them. The slightly raw production impacts the more straight-ahead tunes (without the keys/piano) and they are definitely better when sticking to the more melodic tunes ("Corners of my Mind" is killer). They should spend some time listening to the new Night Ranger disc and focus on how they use their biggest strength - the harmonies - to great effect, as well as tighten up on the production as the drums and raw guitar tone need polish. Aside from those couple of bits of improvements, this is an excellent disc and let's hope they sell some copies and stick around...

Oh, and can't they be called Chasing Pussy or something a bit more rock n' roll instead?

Oh, and can't they be called Chasing Pussy or something a bit more rock n' roll instead?

Agreed. The name makes me think of a 70's prog rock band. But the music is great, glad I picked this one up! :beerbang:

Solid band with some really good songs but I agree with everyone else I'm not a big fan of the band name.

The funniest thing is when my wife heard their version of "Fine Line" she seriously said "The new FarCry singer Sucks!". I explained to her who it was and she also said "that name sucks". She is soooo honest. :lol:

The only tune I don't like is "Angelina" but the rest are really good to great but it is weird hearing those two songs that FarCry did that Jason wrote be sung without Mark Giovi's voice.

Where is the shirt you speak of?? :unsure: I need one! :banger:

Is it the Optimism cover?

John had it on his FB page. I bought the black one.

John had it on his FB page. I bought the black one.

I'm not sure if this pic will show up but this is the one John posted on fb. I bought the white one, it's got the cities listed on the back including Sioux Falls. Kickass shirt!

254706_10150294745063738_559563737_7834112_4600868_n.jpg