White Widdow

Glen

Hope it's better than the last one

wtf? You hope it's a 97% album instead of a 95%?! Don't be so freakin' greedy!

Nah, but seriously, the last album was killer.

Ha ha yeah 95%. If the second half had been better it might have been. Still prefer the debut personally.

Hoping they nail it on the third :-)

:omg:

'Serenade' had two of my favourite AOR songs for years ever; 'Show Your Cards' and 'How Far I Run'. I haven't even got the album (an oversight I will have to rectify) but I find it hard to imagine any new album being better than one that has two such unbelievably massive choooons on it! From what I've heard of the debut, it doesn't even get close to 'Serenade'.

BTW, freely admit I was wroing about this band. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love both albums probably about equally, in different ways. Debut is more melodic hard rock and the second more AOR. The common link being that they're both absolute killer releases. Hope the third is a perfect mixture of the two.

Funny you mention 'Show your cards,' James. I saw Jules briefly at a WW gig late last year and I mentioned how I enjoyed 'Show your cards' and he indicated that the new material would be similar to this in style. That was well over a year ago now, though, so who knows where they're at right now.

Funny you mention 'Show your cards,' James. I saw Jules briefly at a WW gig late last year and I mentioned how I enjoyed 'Show your cards' and he indicated that the new material would be similar to this in style. That was well over a year ago now, though, so who knows where they're at right now.

Good to hear; it's such a great song.

Yeah I love it too. It was weird, as he asked me what I liked off the CD and I actually prefer a few other songs, but I guess this one was the one that stuck in my head at that moment. I honestly love the whole disc, but this one definitely does have it's own vintage type of AOR appeal to it. Very, very cool song.

Yeah I love it too. It was weird, as he asked me what I liked off the CD and I actually prefer a few other songs, but I guess this one was the one that stuck in my head at that moment. I honestly love the whole disc, but this one definitely does have it's own vintage type of AOR appeal to it. Very, very cool song.

That's you and Glen I've agreed with over the last few days. Incredible the effect the festive season can have! :christmas:

Don't worry though, I'll be back later in the week to annoy the sh*t out of everyone. ;)

My problem is that these guys can't pull it off live.

Ha ha you are dead right. I enjoyed them plenty but Jules ain't a great singer - period.

& for the record 'Show Your Cards' was one of the weaker tracks on a weakfish second half of the album, so we are back to normal James ;-))

• My Little Pony

My problem is that these guys can't pull it off live.

Ha ha you are dead right. I enjoyed them plenty but Jules ain't a great singer - period.

& for the record 'Show Your Cards' was one of the weaker tracks on a weakfish second half of the album, so we are back to normal James ;-))

Listened to these guys again today, because of all the praises. But, again, I don't quite understand it. I agree with Glen, the vocals kill it for me. Also, some of the keys are too cheesy even for me.

I've seen them live a few times and loved it every time. :)

I should note, the times I've seen them have been in tiny little pubs with very basic sound quality, but they still sounded awesome.

I've seen them live a few times and loved it every time. :)

I should note, the times I've seen them have been in tiny little pubs with very basic sound quality, but they still sounded awesome.

They were ok at Firefest, but blown away by so many other bands. I was expecting more.

To WW's defence, thier setlist was unexpectedly shortened which impacted the band from delivering a performance on a silver platter that would have knowcked out every other band if not most, at Firefest.

I actually saw WW in support of Lost Angels ( www.lostangels.com.au ) & they were clearly the best band on show.

No disrespecting Lost Angels.

• 3 years later...

Just got through listening to both of these albums.

Most of it really didn't grab me.

From S/T

Don't fail Me Now was ok

One More Day was the best song

Fire & Ice was ok

From Searande

How Far I Run is the best track

Love Won't Last was ok.

In the end I just couldn't do all the keyboards, and found all the songs to be kind of the same. Vocals were unvaried and predictable.

Is that a more recent release?

I'm trying to avoid going backwards with bands.

Really hard to get in to a lot of 80's & 90's music retrospectively.

Is that a more recent release?

I'm trying to avoid going backwards with bands.

Really hard to get in to a lot of 80's & 90's music retrospectively.

Their most recent - just a couple years ago.