White Widdow

Glen

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 star review - sounds like he liked it LOL !!!

Bodes v well.........

http://www.rockeyez.com/reviews/cd/white-widow/rev-2011-08-bmr-white-widow-seranade-5-0.html

Don't get your hopes up based on this review! Rockeyez is similar to Powerplay mag, a waste of time. Every week there are a dozen or so discs that get 5/5 so as to make it all pointless, and the quality of reviews is piss-poor. They gave Farcry 5/5 (it's awesome, but not flawless), and Destrophy 5/5 (it's 3/5 at best). Fairly soon they'll start giving albums 6 or 7 out of 5...

I will see them play live at the H.E.A.T. festival at the end of September and I am REALLY looking forward to it !! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

H.E.A.T. festival

I will see them play live at the H.E.A.T. festival at the end of September and I am REALLY looking forward to it !! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

H.E.A.T. festival

Firefest.......cant wait!!

Yeah, not this year, I am afraid, my friend ! Again .... !! :crying:-_-

H.E.A.T. festival

Firefest.......cant wait!!

Yeah, not this year, I am afraid, my friend ! Again .... !! :crying:-_-

Im not surprised.........it costs me enough to go for two days and I live here lol !!

Is it me or does the verse in 'Cry Wolf' sound exactly like the Heavens Edge debut! Sounds pretty great.

You seem to find full length versions of all sorts of great music that isn't available yet, so next time you post you had better have a full length track from the upcoming White Widdow.......PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSE!!!!!!

Is it me or does the verse in 'Cry Wolf' sound exactly like the Heavens Edge debut! Sounds pretty great.

You seem to find full length versions of all sorts of great music that isn't available yet, so next time you post you had better have a full length track from the upcoming White Widdow.......PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSE!!!!!!

No mate just going on the sample.......

New WW album is absolutely amazing! Really consistent...keyboard lovers paradise. Right out of 1985.

From the soundbytes it sounds like they've taken the songwriting up a notch. I still don't really like their harmony vocals much (they sound too slick) and the overall style and production are very dated - think it's the pompy keys. I also think this sounds like it tails-off at the end after a very strong start, completely unlike the two other big albums of 2011 (Toby Hitchcock and WoA - which crank things up after halfway). If this was right out of 1990 rather than 1985 I'd like it more, but still sounds worth picking up, even if they really could do with a big standout track...

It sounds better than the debut imo. I would prefer an more updated production. It's like being thrown back to the end of the eighties. especially the drums. :P

I think that's what they were going for. It's a big reason why I listen to acts like this; they actually make sure their music is mixed with drums that you can actually hear.

It sounds better than the debut imo. I would prefer an more updated production. It's like being thrown back to the end of the eighties. especially the drums. :P

I think that's what they were going for. It's a big reason why I listen to acts like this; they actually make sure their music is mixed with drums that you can actually hear.

A fantastic mix job from Pelle Saether of the band Grand Design.

The Japanese pressing will contain 2 bonus tracks & hopefully released soon :)

Got my ticket for the concert on Sept 25 !! :party421: :party421:

Really didn't like the previous album, so this is one I won't be tempted to check out.

I'm with you, I was very disappointed by the first album.... maybe it was the hype? I do hope the boys have taken it up a notch and convert me.

Really didn't like the previous album, so this is one I won't be tempted to check out.

I'm with you, I was very disappointed by the first album.... maybe it was the hype? I do hope the boys have taken it up a notch and convert me.

Dahun if you are in melbourne the band play at the espy this coming saturday where I hope copies of the new album may be available :)

For anyone wanting a full track that's not available on any of the samples thus far check out

Can't put my finger on why, but I really don't like this. Song seems reasonable, but there's something about it I don't like. Maybe the vocals.

For anyone wanting a full track that's not available on any of the samples thus far check out

My god, is this really the same band from last year?! I thought that album was ok, but nothing special. But if this and "Cry Wolf" are anything to go by, this could be the AOR album of the year. GREAT!