The Decline of Glam (Part 1 - 1993)

The weird years of 1993 - 1995  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Off that list Red Dawn...no doubt. Big Aerosmith fan but Get a Grip has never been one of my fave albums by them.

My big faves that year were probably Billy Squier - Tell the Truth, Saga - Security of Illusion, Open Skyz - s/t and Wildhearts - Earth vs the Wildhearts.

Much love for that one! :headbanger: From the list I'd go with the criminally underrated Pull with HS Mood Swings right behind. Then maybe Mr Big and EZN.

Underrated? I thought all the reviews I'd seen were glowingly positive!

Probably more Underrated for it's lack of commercial success. The first two Winger's were huge in the US with their videos all over MTV and radio but Pull came out in the middle of grunge and got a very small amount of airplay with Down Incognito but really didn't get any push at all on MTV or Radio so it didn't sell a fraction of the first two.

Wasn't Arcade released in 93'? If it was I would probably go with that one.

yes it was, pretty good disc as well as I recall but not up to the early Ratt days, but it's 1993, what do we expect right ? :D

another one that I forgot to include is Scorpions - Face The Heat, pretty good album with several fillers scattered, but still solid I think

A few more albums released in 1993 -

Jellyfish - Spilt Milk

Goo Goo Dolls - Superstar Car Wash

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way

Motorhead - Bastards

and my wife would kill me for not mentioning -

Kate Bush - The Red Shoes

I love a lot of those albums listed especially the criminally underrated Mud Slick CD. The singer sounds like Soto at times and the guitar playing is awesome. It's only let down by the last track and a heavy track that seems out of place with the rest of the CD, but still a cool track. Check it out!

As for others definitely Lilian Axe's Psychoschizophrenia, Bulletboys - ZaZa, Screaming Jets - Tear of Thought and I would imagine much more!

yes it was, pretty good disc as well as I recall but not up to the early Ratt days, but it's 1993, what do we expect right ? :D

another one that I forgot to include is Scorpions - Face The Heat, pretty good album with several fillers scattered, but still solid I think

That first Arcade disc was and is great IMO with no fillers really and IMO is up there with most of the RATT catalog except for probably 'Out of the Cellar' and 'Detonator'.

That first Arcade disc was and is great IMO with no fillers really and IMO is up there with most of the RATT catalog except for probably 'Out of the Cellar' and 'Detonator'.

well yeah, it's been a while, probably 4-5 years since i last spun that disc, need to dusted it off and play it asap :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

Voted Vince Neil, but Harem Scarem, Poison, Gotthard, Winger, Aerosmith and MrBig released also strong albums in 93.Nobody mentioned Spaghetti Incident....maybe because you guys despise that album. :D

Voted Vince Neil, but Harem Scarem, Poison, Gotthard, Winger, Aerosmith and MrBig released also strong albums in 93.Nobody mentioned Spaghetti Incident....maybe because you guys despise that album. :D

I don't despise it but I would of prefered them to do a new album but I like most of the tunes on there.

I don't despise it but I would of prefered them to do a new album but I like most of the tunes on there.

I despise it and it's the only Gunners CD I didn't bother keeping... unless it's still in there because I couldn't get rid of it. :lol: I don't even know because it doesn't register recognition to me.

i don't mind Spaghetti but definitely not the strongest of 93 and it's a cover so i guess it doesn't count :)