NKOTBSB

66 mustang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

heh heh is this the official Heavyharmonies boy band thread?

There was recently a reality show on TV about making a boy band, so that made me think of this. I must say I enjoyed some songs from NKOTB's "10" album..

never understood why some UK bands like for example Westlife, East 17, or JLS did not have more success in US market.. seems like a waste of a good market for pop.

heh heh is this the official Heavyharmonies boy band thread?

There was recently a reality show on TV about making a boy band, so that made me think of this. I must say I enjoyed some songs from NKOTB's "10" album..

never understood why some UK bands like for example Westlife, East 17, or JLS did not have more success in US market.. seems like a waste of a good market for pop.

Can't solve that riddle for ya, 'cause my boy band vocabulary is limited to that cover tune Steel Panther did of I Want it That Way. But similarly related, Take That, to my knowledge were never as big in North America as overseas so whatever that side of the pond digs, doesn't always climb the charts our way. I had heard of Take That (mainly because I'd continually see their cds over the years in the local pawn shops) but had never heard their music and had no clue how huge they were until I saw them in Dublin. My wife is the biggest Pet Shop Boys fan so we went to see them open and bailed right after they finished but their was a huge crowd there at a sold out Croke Park to see the headliners. Go figure.