The Outfield

chocularok

Not sure if there are any other fans on the board, but for those who care the official release date has been announced as 6/28. I for one can't wait. This band has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, & the new stuff sounds great! Hunt around their site & there are several samples posted:

http://www.theoutfield.com/index.html

Good stuff.... I saw them live in 1985 and have been a fan ever since. The Outfield isn't something I could even imagine myself liking.. but I like 'em a lot. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute as far as picking up the new CD goes. Count me in as someone who has The Outfield on their "guilty pleasure" list.

Personally they aren't a guilty pleasure, just a good band, especially on their first 3-4 releases. Interested to hear the new stuff as the last album I heard by them was 'Any Time Now' which was good in spots.

The Outfield are definately a talented group and as Jezmentioned not a guilty pleasure in the least. Play Deep is one of those albums that gets played regularly and from front to back. Not a bad song on this one.

Looking forward to hearing the new stuff!

• 1 month later...

Bangin' is definitely one of my all-time favourite albums ... been a fan since I first heard 'Your Love' all those years ago (although they'd dropped off my radar a bit in recent years.) Good to know they're still around! :D

Anyone have mp3's of Replay they care to share? I'm dying to hear the new stuff, but I'm holding out for the physical release.

PM sent !

No need to feel "guilty" about liking The Outfield in my opinion. YOUR LOVE is one of the tastiest 80's pop songs you'll ever hear.

Can't say I've stayed current with the band the past 25 years after PLAY DEEP was released, but I certainly spin the aforementioned record (yes, vinyl) at least every couple months or so. I may have to check out the new stuff for a nostalgia trip if nothing else.

Once again I'll state the obvious... THE 80'S RULED!

sadly, this new album is a total let down for me.

I'm not very familiar with their old works but I remember they're in the softer territory, so I'm expecting a westcoast challenge to my currently-reigning champion, Williams/Friestedt, but after one track to another, the whole album is a mess and no way it could touch the greatness of W/F.

in other words, 'Replay' will greet you with a whole bunch of fillers except for 'A Long, Long Time Ago', which is their best, and the sole great track here. 'Wonderland' probably quite good, it has U2-ish sound but I don't see how people can stand the other tracks, hopefully it's just my taste, but I will strongly avoid this album :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...