LIVE BANDS & ARTISTS

LV KIX

I got to thinking about this today. So I'll throw these questions out to you all to see what you come up with. You can list your top 3 for each question.

A.) Who are the CURRENT (Active) bands that you have NOT seen live that you would most want to see...?

3.)

2.)

1.)

B.) Who are the CURRENT (Active) solo artists that you have NOT seen live that you would most want to see...?

3.)

2.)

1.)

C.) Who are the RETIRED (Non-Active) bands that you have seen.. but would love to see again ? This topic would include bands with members who have passed away.

3.)

2.)

1.)

D.) Who are the RETIRED (Non-Active) solo artists that you have seen... but would love to see again? This topic would include artists who have passed away.

3.)

2.)

1.)

E.) Which band (Active) would you most like to see with the original or most well known line-up?

3.)

2.)

1.)

Anyone...?

This is what I came up with.. kind of tough to do.

A.) Who are the CURRENT (Active) bands that you have NOT seen live that you would most want to see...?

3.) The Deadthings (actually not sure at this point if they would be considered "active".)

2.) Crashdiet

1.) D.A.D.

B.) Who are the CURRENT (Active) solo artists that you have NOT seen live that you would most want to see...?

3.) Springsteen (Though I'm not sure I could make it through a whole show)

2.) Stevie Nicks

1.) Adam Bomb

C.) Who are the RETIRED (Non-Active) bands that you have seen.. but would love to see again? This topic would include bands with members who have passed away.

3.) Savatage (I would say that they are "Non-Active" at this point)

2.) The Ramones

1.) The Runaways

D.) Who are the RETIRED (Non-Active) solo artists that you have seen... but would love to see again? This topic would include artists who have passed away.

3.) Brian Jack (Man his shows were packed with hotties.)

2.) Lennon

1.) Elvis

E.) Which band (Active) would you most like to see with the original or most well known line-up?

3.) Skid Row w/Bach

2.) Night Ranger (Dawn Patrol line-up)

1.) REO Speedwagon w/Richrath (They were such a great live band)

3.)Rush

2.)ZZ-Top

1.)American Dog

3.)Eric Sardinas

2.)Amanda Overmyer

1.)Bob Seger

C.) Who are the RETIRED (Non-Active) bands that you have seen.. but would love to see again ? This topic would include bands with members who have passed away.

3.)Anal Blast

2.)Death

1.)Savatage

3.)

2.)

1.)Patrick Simmons

3.)The Angels

2.)Rose Tattoo

1.)The Godz

(I do believe these bands are still active)

This is how I feel at the moment..

Completely off the top of my head without much thought or research, it'd look something like this:

3.) HEAT

2.) Crashdiet

1.) Treat

3.) Issa

2.) Chris Laney

1.) Newman (Steve)

Only one I can think of:

1.) Motor Ace

None I've seen fit this description.

3.) Casanova

2.) Steelhouse Lane

1.) Danger Danger

Question C&D are difficult as I haven't seen many retired artists. Would love to have seen Gary Moore though.

3.)Mr. Big

2.)Treat

1.)Bonfire

3.)Brian Howe

2.)Harry Hess

1.)John Waite

3.)Motor Ace (going with Geoff on this one)

2.)

1.)

3.)

2.)

1.)

3.)Kix (I don't know if they're still active)

2.)Mr. Big

1.)Skid Row

Anyone...?

a great topic dave, ok here's mine :

3.) H.E.A.T

2.) MOTLEY CRUE

1.) GUNS N' ROSES (even with the current line-up)

3.) ISSA

2.) SEBASTIAN BACH

1.) BRYAN ADAMS

none

none

3.) DOKKEN

2.) SKID ROW (with Bach, even though almost impossible :D)

1.) GUNS N' ROSES

3.)Kix (I don't know if they're still active)

Still VERY active as I just saw them this past Friday and Saturday night. In May they will headline a 17,000 seat venue with Warrant, LA Guns, & Jetboy opening.

The only non original member is the bassist. I considered listing KIX in this section too... but they are still just as good, if not better than they were 25 or so years ago.

Completely off the top of my head without much thought or research, it'd look something like this:

3.) HEAT

2.) Crashdiet

1.) Treat

3.) Issa

2.) Chris Laney

1.) Newman (Steve)

Only one I can think of:

1.) Motor Ace

3.) Casanova

2.) Steelhouse Lane

1.) Danger Danger

Very surprised not to see any SR-71 on your list. I would love to see them again... I just hope they play a hometown show sometime this year.

3.) HEAT

2.) Crashdiet

1.) Treat

3.) Issa

2.) Chris Laney

1.) Newman (Steve)

Only one I can think of:

1.) Motor Ace

3.) Casanova

2.) Steelhouse Lane

1.) Danger Danger

Very surprised not to see any SR-71 on your list. I would love to see them again... I just hope they play a hometown show sometime this year.

I had 0 idea they were still an active band. Really? Then why don't they record a new disc?! :lol: I thought it was just Mitch Allan on his own these days.

And out of curiosity, who on earth do KIX no longer record new music?

I had 0 idea they were still an active band. Really? Then why don't they record a new disc?! :lol: I thought it was just Mitch Allan on his own these days.

And out of curiosity, why on earth do KIX no longer record new music?

As far as SR-71... I wouldn't say they are an "Active Band", but every now and then we get a local reunion show in their home town. Lucky to get one a year.

KIX doesn't record anything new because they can't. The only member not with them (Donnie on bass) owned the rights to the name KIX. Besides that, Donnie probably wrote 80% of the songs anyway. He always had the final say as to what songs would be released. The current band can use the name to tour but can not record under that name. The first "KIX reunion shows" that the band did without Donnie they actually went by the name "KIX FIX".

Probably more than you wanted to know... :whistle:

As far as SR-71... I wouldn't say they are an "Active Band", but every now and then we get a local reunion show in their home town. Lucky to get one a year.

KIX doesn't record anything new because they can't. The only member not with them (Donnie on bass) owned the rights to the name KIX. Besides that, Donnie probably wrote 80% of the songs anyway. He always had the final say as to what songs would be released. The current band can use the name to tour but can not record under that name. The first "KIX reunion shows" that the band did without Donnie they actually went by the name "KIX FIX".

Ah, I see. I do vaguely remember you saying something like that in the past. They should still try and record a new CD under the name KIXX. :lol:

Seriously, do they still write new material at all?

As for why I didn't include SR-71 in my list, refer to your first line. ;)

I must have edited this list 30 times

3.) Starz

2.) The Godz

1.) Kite

3.) Angie Aparo

2.) John Parr... i think he does ocassional solo shows

1.) Tom Cochrane

3.) Riot (not sure if maybe they're still active? but the version with Rhett Forrester ... I saw the Guy Speranza version awesome)

2.)

1.)

None to speak of.

3.) Prism (circa See Forever Eyes/Amrageddon/Young and Restless)

2.) Journey (The Perry years....tough to choose between the Rolie or Caine line up)

1.) Streetheart around the time of their 4th album

oh yeah Eagles too! Oh and the NYDolls....too tricky this last one!

In no particular order -

[had it not been for FF in the UK, some of these lists would have been very different - esp A /C / D !!!!!]

Also, impossible to limit to just three, so here we go -

Triumph

Pride Of Lions

Allen-Lande

Steelhouse Lane

Brother Friretribe

Work Of Art

Ted Poley (even tho ive seen D2)

Terry Brock (even tho ive seen Strangeways)

Jim Jidhed (even tho Im seeing Alien Oct 11)

[would still love to see their solo sets/songs)

Dio - always brilliant live

Giant - Huff was magnificent when I saw them at the Marquee many moons ago

Queen - 'A kind of magic' best describes them live.

none fit the description, but I would love to see JSS again. Blinding stuff live

E.) Which band (Active & non Active) would you most like to see with the original or most well known line-up?

Dokken

Rainbow (with Dio)

Journey (perry Escape era - '81)

Survivor (Jamison, Vital Signs era)

I-Ten (just to see if they could carry off those harmonies live??)

Cheers

3.)

2.) Survivor

1.) Night Ranger

3.)

2.)

1.)

3.)

2.) Black Sabbath with Dio

1.) Black Sabbath with Ozzy

3.)

2.)

1.)

3.) Queensryche

2.) Journey

1.) Styx

Skipped the "solo artists" questions cuz to be honest I can't think of any "solo" artists past or present that I'm particularly dyin' to see. As for the others? Hmmmm....

3.) Demons & Wizards

2.) Stryper

1.) Helloween

3.) The Ramones

2.) The Ramones

1.) The Ramones

3.) Motorhead

2.) W.A.S.P.

1.) Raven

I didn't know that LV..

Thanx for the info..

Ah, I see. I do vaguely remember you saying something like that in the past. They should still try and record a new CD under the name KIXX. :lol:

The close as you are going to get to new KIX tunes is Funny Money (who are working on new tunes). Three of the current members of KIX are in Funny Money.

Oh... almost forgot... They also did a few shows as "4/5 KIX" before they were allowed to use the KIX name again.

The close as you are going to get to new KIX tunes is Funny Money (who are working on new tunes). Three of the current members of KIX are in Funny Money.

Oh... almost forgot... They also did a few shows as "4/5 KIX" before they were allowed to use the KIX name again.

Yeah, in all honesty there's not much to separate Kix from Funny Money. :)

5.) Iron Maiden

4.) Rush

3.) Junkyard

2.) The Upper Crust

1.) Kix

3.) Butch Walker

2.) Hank Williams III

1.) Hall & Oates

7.) The Georgia Satellites

6.) Saigon Kick

5.) Armored Saint

4.) Autograph

3.) Metal Church

2.) Fastway

1.) Dan Reed Network

0.) Mother Love Bone

3.) Brian Setzer (Either the Orchestra or even better with the Stray Cats.)

2.) Dio

1.) David Lee Roth

3.) Skid Row

2.) Metal Church (Would this be too cool to have 3 vocalists, Wayne, Howe and Monroe, doing their songs live on a retro tour.)

1.) Alice N Chains (RIP Layne and Mike)

0.) WARRIOR SOUL

3.) PRETTY MAIDS

2.) ACCEPT

1.) FARCRY

3.) ROBIN BECK

2.) MARTY FRIEDMAN

1.) JEFF SCOTT SOTO

3.) QUIET RIOT

2.) TSUNAMI (U.S. HARD ROCK BAND, NOT THE POP BAND)

1.) VANDENBERG

3.)

2.)

1.)

3.) UFO (WITH SCHENKER) Saw UFO with Schenker in 1995, would love to see the lineup again live.

2.) QUEENSRYCHE (WITH DEGARMO)

1.) MAGNUM (ANY LINEUP)