for those of us with kids

66 mustang

those here with kids may relate to this (i know you will) but this is a story that I hate to let anyone know. l was listening to my daughters MP3 player, she has one of those plug in speakers, and we were playing around and just goofing around listening to music when this song came on and I was like, wow, with a little different arrangement and someone else doing this maybe an old school Bon Jovi powerballad style it would be a great song. It was a Justin Bieber song. On top of that she has the Miranda Cosgrove (I'Carley) cd that overall is really good for what it is. at least it is something I can listen to.

proof of my theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMPnrz7enw

Fortunately I have little boys, who are immune to the charms of Justin Bieber. :lol: As a matter of fact, every time they see him on TV my 8 year old says "UGH! Justin Bieber is so LAME!" :rofl2:

I think he has a crush on the girl who plays "iCarly" though, but he won't admit it. Heh heh. He loves that show. When it comes on Nickelodeon I go "Dude, your girlfriend's coming on," and he always sez "She's NOT my girlfriend!" :lol: But I think he protests a bit too much.

Dude, I say the same thing to my 5 year old. And he acts the same way, SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND as he's staring at the tv.

for the ones of us out there that have to watch I'Carly, at least it is ok to watch. much better than some of the other things my daughter could want to watch. Miranda Cosgrove isn't the only one that can sing. "Sam" will be releasing her album this year seems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ht2O4Hmdkw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmH4q3nbTxc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlivlPoD070&feature=related

I think he has a crush on the girl who plays "iCarly" though, but he won't admit it. Heh heh. He loves that show. When it comes on Nickelodeon I go "Dude, your girlfriend's coming on," and he always sez "She's NOT my girlfriend!" :lol: But I think he protests a bit too much.

did you know she was in the movie SCHOOL OF ROCK? I didn't till I was told.

did you know she was in the movie SCHOOL OF ROCK? I didn't till I was told.

I haven't seen that movie, but I do vaguely remember hearing about that. Jack Black just did a guest appearance on "iCarly" a couple of weeks ago. Droppin' by to visit his old co-star.

Actually I liked SCHOOL OF ROCK. Quite fun to watch !

Jack Black is a legend in his own mind! I just don't get his so called appeal.

Yep, I hate the guy. Always have always will avoid his movies like a javelin to the eyeball. Thus I have not seen 'School of Rock.'

Yep, I hate the guy. Always have always will avoid his movies like a javelin to the eyeball. Thus I have not seen 'School of Rock.'

This thread is not for you, mate, you don't have any kids ..... ! ;)

Well...none he's admitting to.

I did eventually watch School Of Rock last month and was totally underwhelmed!

Well...none he's admitting to.

I did eventually watch School Of Rock last month and was totally underwhelmed!

Agreed, it was okay, but nothing special. Just another vehicle for Jack Black to show us how great he thinks he is. Twat. -_-

(Although nowhere near as bad as Nacho Libre, which was terrible. Was that film actually meant to be funny?)

• 1 month later...

well, there is hope but with every slice of hope comes a slab of "really?". some new songs my daughter has latched on to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_XCpC6HdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_P-jjQLQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyVSKydUxKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A

Jack Black is awesome...

My son is nearly 18 (in June), and since he was old enough for his own portable CD player (9 years old) he has been listening to Van Halen, Pink Cream 69, Ozzy, Kiss, AC/DC, Journey, Harem Scarem, etc. He has always had his own stuff in there as well...when he was little he had some N*Sync, then as he got older, he got into Godsmack and System Of A Down...now it's Job For A Cowboy and Slipknot, but he still cranks out the 80's stuff pretty regularly...it's nothing to go by his room and hear Scorpions or Ratt blaring out of his speakers...

• 6 months later...

I love Jack Black, more for Tenacious D than anything else.

My son is 3 and loves both of the Reckless Love CDs. He also digs a few of the Adele songs like Rolling in the Deep ;)

you both have cool sons there.

Well, the other day I strum Poison's "Fallen Angel" to my 10-months old daughter and she's shakin' her funny lil body to the groove, not very sure if she's into rock later, but she shows some prospect there :christmas:

My son had absolutely no interest in music until he reached high school. He got into some Johnny Gioeli video game stuff, and went from there into Axel Rudi Pell. Now he's loaded up on Iron Maiden, Dio, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Rush, Triumph, Saga, Blue Oyster Cult, Accept, U.D.O., Rainbow, Deep Purple, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Joe Satriani, etc. He finally got around to making his old man as proud as it gets - his quest for Thin Lizzy has commenced.

My son had absolutely no interest in music until he reached high school. He got into some Johnny Gioeli video game stuff, and went from there into Axel Rudi Pell. Now he's loaded up on Iron Maiden, Dio, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Rush, Triumph, Saga, Blue Oyster Cult, Accept, U.D.O., Rainbow, Deep Purple, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Joe Satriani, etc. He finally got around to making his old man as proud as it gets - his quest for Thin Lizzy has commenced.

nowadays, many kids are into rock because of that Guitar Hero videogame, good thing though :christmas:

• 1 month later...

my latest "oh yeah" moment. looking this song up on youtube and playing it just now my duaghter decided to make up her first ballet routine. guess what, it worked great, or maybe it was just a proud dad watching his daughter doing what she learned in dance class combined with one of my fav songs by the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwHuCC6nP8&ob=av2e

• 2 months later...

so, I got brave tonight and pulled up 2 videos on youtube for my daughter to listen to and pick her fav version of the song. the song Larger Than Life. first let her listen to BSB version for a minute. then let ther listen to the Jaded Heart version. Told her to pick which one she liked more. and the winner is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMPnrz7enw

• 7 months later...