CrashDiet vs. Crazy Lixx

CrashDiet vs. Crazy Lixx  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nice one. But wowser, you didn't make it easy. Two excellent bands and here's how the cards fell for me:

CrashDiet "Rest In Sleaze" ; 2 killer debuts but the Crashdiet one is pretty much a classic. The first 5 songs are so amazing.

CrashDiet "Generation Wild" ; 2 more killer discs, but overall 'Generation wild' competed for the top spot in 2010 while Crazy Lixx came in around 5th. Great discs, Crashdiet just a little higher level throughout the whole disc.

Crazy Lixx "Blame It On Love" ; I love 'Save her,' and I might even regret this decision but the chorus in 'Blame it on love' is just too much of an 80's anthem to ignore.

CrashDiet "Riot In Everyone" ; no contest. 'Rock And A Hard Place' was probably my least favourite song off the Crazy Lixx CD and 'Riot in everyone' is one of the best songs recorded in the last decade.

Crazy Lixx "21 'Til I Die" ; painful choice. 'Falling rain' was the best song off that CD and one of my faves from Crashdiet, but how the hell do you compete with something like '21 'til I die'??

CrashDiet "It's A Miracle" ; another impossible choice. 'Make ends meet' is brilliant, and again just ridiculously catchy but 'It's a miracle' is still my favourite Crashdiet song.

Crazy Lixx "Road To Babylon" ; Great Crazy Lixx tune, not one of the more memorable Crashdiet tunes. :)

Tough choices and as Geoff said two great bands but for me Crashdiet got all of my votes except for "Blame it On Love" over "Save Her" but to be honest that could of gone either way. Even with a different vocalist on each album I feel like Crashdiet is still a better band than Crazy Lixx but I love them both.

I vote exactly the same as Geoff except for "New Religion" is my pick over "Generation Wild" :)

+1

New Religion just pips Generation wild, but I think it was something stupid like 1%.

Both awesome albums (and awesome bands)

I listened through the new CL and CD yesterday again and is it just me or are Crazy Lixx more of a Melodic Hard Rock band and not really a sleaze band anymore? Not that there's anything wrong with that but to my ears the new disc is much more Def Leppard than Motley Crue. Don't get me wrong it's a great disc but it just doesn't have the same sleazy sound that I hear in Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar. The first album had some of that feeling to it but that one even was a borderline Sleaze sound for me but again that was a great disc as well.

Yeah, I don't think either Crazy Lixx disc has much "sleaze" element at all. Very, very commercial sounding melodic hard rock. Suits me fine. :)

Melodic hard rock is the best description of "New Religion" while "Generation Wild" is more sleaze,

probably Crashdiet should be compared to the likes of Jettblack, Skull Daze, Pussy Sissters, or Axident Avenue, while Crazy Lixx in the same league as The Poodles, Wig Wam, and Vega

• 4 weeks later...

Let's see...nothing compares to RIS the best sleaz album of all time IMO. After that it was all Crazy Lixx. New Religion just kills Generation Wild not even in the same zip code IMO. "21 Til I Die" just kicks my ass everytime I hear it, it gets stuck on repeat quite often.

• 6 months later...

Both bands are going to have a new album out around March/April according to their facebook-pages!!

It's absolutely obvious that these two are going to be pure awesomeness :christmas:

Here's the "press"-release from Crazy Lixx:

"CRAZY LIXX NEWSLETTER

After releasing “NEW RELIGION” 2010 CRAZY LIXX will now enter the studio this friday to record the follow up and third album.

We will be in the studio til’ mid-november and the album shall be finished before new years 2011.

Release date is not set yet but somewhere around march 2012 is when it should ship out.

CRAZY LIXX is still with Frontiers Records and did recently sign a publishing deal with Sony ATV"

• 9 months later...

I vote exactly the same as Geoff except for "New Religion" is my pick over "Generation Wild" smile.gif

+1

New Religion just pips Generation wild, but I think it was something stupid like 1%.

Just wanted to say, that now both bands have released 3 albums, I think that Crazy Lixx have (for me anyway) just crept into the lead in the battle of these 2 bands......I freakin love the newie from CL.

Both awesome tho.

I vote exactly the same as Geoff except for "New Religion" is my pick over "Generation Wild" smile.gif

+1

Just wanted to say, that now both bands have released 3 albums, I think that Crazy Lixx have (for me anyway) just crept into the lead in the battle of these 2 bands......I freakin love the newie from CL.

Both awesome tho.

Creep. ;)

Album for album:

Crashdiet debut > Crazy Lixx debut

Crazy Lixx 2nd disc > Crashdiet 2nd disc

Crashdiet > 'Riot Avenue' x 100

Two from three. Easy pick mate. ;)

• 6 months later...

+1

Both awesome tho.

Creep. ;)

Album for album:

Crashdiet debut > Crazy Lixx debut

Crazy Lixx 2nd disc > Crashdiet 2nd disc

Crashdiet > 'Riot Avenue' x 100

Two from three. Easy pick mate. ;)

Ha ha me is thinking the scales may now tip towards Crazy Lixx when they release their 4th album

Interesting stats here now.

RIS only just out doing Loud Minority which is a surprise, I thought that would be more clear cut.

& New Religion trouncing Generation Wild! I thought it was closer than that but obviously a lot of New Religion fans. I can understand this tho as new religion is an excellent album.

These results are shocking!

Why are they shocking? I actually agree with every result just not the margins.

In my opinion Generation Wild is a better album and CD is a better band. I also love Crazy Lixx but feel that CD is superior in every way.