Warrant's Joey Allen Says The Band's Upcoming Album 'Sound

edwithmj

will be interesting

Wow, really? I LOVE Mason's voice.

A huge reason why I loved Lynch Mob's debut was because of Oni Logan's awesome voice and I was hurt to learn he was not on the 2nd one, until I heard the 2nd one with Mason and I thought he was just as good. Great vocalist. I love the Silent Witness disc too. And he adds a lot to Big Cock to with his vocals alone. Yeah, don't know why that should be a surprise, mate, as I've probably praised his voice countless times on the forum and on the main site. :)

I'm wit you Geoff. Mason has an unbelievable voice. He is amazing on the Lynch MOb album.

I wonder why no love for the Silent Witness CD. I thought that one was great. I personally hated the Cry of Love CD... but yeah, Silent Witness' debut is excellent, imo.

I wouldn't expect you to dig the Cry of Love disc at all but yea the Silent Witness disc is solid but I wouldn't call it great but it's worth owning for those that dig MHR. I'd say off the top of my head that "Can't Keep from Falling", "Living in a Lie" and "Pouring Rain" were great songs and there's a few others but would have to spin the disc again to remember for sure. I do remember the production dropped off at the end of the cd which I found strange and there were at least two songs I'd call fillers.

I will check out the SW cd again but all I remember of it was cheese. Cheese & thin production.

What the duece? Did your comment change, Mr Mustang? I thought I was replying to a post about your surprise at me liking Mason's voice. But it changed. :lol: Don't I look the goose now. Again. :)

I was having a brain freeze. I was thinking the first Cry Of Love album for some reason then it hit me he sang on the 2nd.

I wonder why no love for the Silent Witness CD. I thought that one was great. I personally hated the Cry of Love CD... but yeah, Silent Witness' debut is excellent, imo.

I wouldn't expect you to dig the Cry of Love disc at all but yea the Silent Witness disc is solid but I wouldn't call it great but it's worth owning for those that dig MHR. I'd say off the top of my head that "Can't Keep from Falling", "Living in a Lie" and "Pouring Rain" were great songs and there's a few others but would have to spin the disc again to remember for sure. I do remember the production dropped off at the end of the cd which I found strange and there were at least two songs I'd call fillers.

I will check out the SW cd again but all I remember of it was cheese. Cheese & thin production.

Thin production, I'll give you that. But good songs.

What the duece? Did your comment change, Mr Mustang? I thought I was replying to a post about your surprise at me liking Mason's voice. But it changed. :lol: Don't I look the goose now. Again. :)

I was having a brain freeze. I was thinking the first Cry Of Love album for some reason then it hit me he sang on the 2nd.

I remember buying the first Cry Of Love blind when it was first released because they were dressed like The Black Crowes....great raw album and some killer guitar work.

I've never checked out the 2nd disc with Mason though.

In 2011 our best bet for a classic Warrant sounding album is probably in much better hands with Mason over Lane. But that's just my opinion based on output over the past few years!

Thin production, I'll give you that. But good songs.

Ehh, if it was released in 1985. Even so, it doesn't stand the test of time. I do love Mason though & I think this album has a chance to be killer. We shall see :)

In 2011 our best bet for a classic Warrant sounding album is probably in much better hands with Mason over Lane. But that's just my opinion based on output over the past few years!

I'll take Saints Of The Underground over Born again.

Sounded more like Warrant than Warrant did.

I'd also take Back down to one over born again. It may not have musically followed the Warrant path, but by having Lane singing on it made it sound 100 times more like Warrant than Warrant did.

I'd also take Back down to one over born again. It may not have musically followed the Warrant path, but by having Lane singing on it made it sound 100 times more like Warrant than Warrant did.

Yep, I'd agree on both counts. Neither of those 2 CDs were classics, but both were pretty damn good. Definitely better than the Warrant CD.

Why do I get cold chills when I read stuff like that. Hopefully it's true but...

Because you have a Coors Light in both hands Rick, and the mountains are blue!

It could also be because he drank to much and passed out in the beerbarrow again. Or maybe he's crawling around on that cold garage floor looking for more scraps of floor burger.

Ohhhhh, not floor burgers!!! Surely Taco has made claim to any scraps of floor burger!

Agreed 100%

• 4 weeks later...
New Warrant CD Is In The Mixing Stages

February 20, 2011

Warrant have been have been recording with new vocalist Robert Mason (Lynch Mob, Cry Of Love, Big Cock) for an album to be released later this year.

Says guitarist Joey Allen, "The new Warrant CD is in the mixing stage where our fearless leader (Producer), Keith Olsen, is putting his stamp on it. The band did a stellar job, great songs, great playing, and an all around great vibe. This is the best Warrant record and recording experience I have had. I think we are targeting a early May release worldwide on Frontier with distribution through EMI."

A video clip of guitarist Erik Turner recording "Sex Ain't Love" in the studio can be viewed at this location while a little taste of "Tears In The City" can be found at this link.

Last month Allen also said, "14 songs with drums and bass done! 7 songs have rhythm guitar done...we are smokin' along!!! It sounds killer and Keith Olsen is GREAT to work with. This may be the best Warrant CD I have ever worked on, everyone is firing on all cylinders...wait until you here Mason tear it up...KILLER."

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00204.shtml

February 20, 2011

Warrant have been have been recording with new vocalist Robert Mason (Lynch Mob, Cry Of Love, Big Cock) for an album to be released later this year.

Says guitarist Joey Allen, "The new Warrant CD is in the mixing stage where our fearless leader (Producer), Keith Olsen, is putting his stamp on it. The band did a stellar job, great songs, great playing, and an all around great vibe. This is the best Warrant record and recording experience I have had. I think we are targeting a early May release worldwide on Frontier with distribution through EMI."

A video clip of guitarist Erik Turner recording "Sex Ain't Love" in the studio can be viewed at this location while a little taste of "Tears In The City" can be found at this link.

Last month Allen also said, "14 songs with drums and bass done! 7 songs have rhythm guitar done...we are smokin' along!!! It sounds killer and Keith Olsen is GREAT to work with. This may be the best Warrant CD I have ever worked on, everyone is firing on all cylinders...wait until you here Mason tear it up...KILLER."

February 20, 2011