WORST CD in the last 2 MONTHS

LV KIX

Just trying to get a new topic going and a little talkin' happening.

SO.. What is the WORST CD you picked up or were given within the last 2 month

Of course we are going to know what makes it so bad...

Where did you get it? What made you pick it up?

Anyone..?

The Red Eye Jack CD I spoke of in the first impressions thread. Bought it in the Wishingwell sales for cheap, quite a while ago. Just heard it recently. Very bad. The Ark 'Burn the Sun' CD sucks too.

Not sure if this was meant to be CD's released in 2010 or not but this one is from 2009 so I'll go with...

I picked up Lynch Mob's Smoke & Mirrors Monday in a used bin and holy crap it is sh*t...or holy sh*t it is crap.

I am at track 10 and I have not heard one single rockin' tune. It's like a crappy version of Soundgarden with the mid to slow tempo song after song. Seems like they put zero thought into it. And it was like $9 but in mint condition so I said what the heck. FML.

I bought the MASTERPLAN "Time to be King" album. No idea why as it's total shit and a massive waste of talent.

Well Ive only heard very good to awesome discs in the last 2 months, but then I am pretty picky with what I buy ;-)

Just a couple of comments tho -

1. Ark "Burn The Sun", is pretty much a proggy album, so its no wonder you thought it was shit Geoff. For anyone interested in this album it does actually have a few pretty great songs on it, and if youre looking for a different side to Jorn, other than his plodding heavy euro metal which he now churns out every year, this is well worth a punt. Great musicianship as well.

2. All the Lynch Mob albums are average to shite IMO - very overrated band.

No actually strike that.........I did think that the Faithealer album was almost unlistenable because the songs were ALL just too damned long and the guitar solos (whilst awesome) just sounded weird....like he was playing a tin can or something??

A real shame as there are some decent choruses / hooks on offer....the songs just needed to be at leat 2 mins shorter (each!) and a much beefier production (esp in the guitar dept!).

Cheers

I just bought Vinnie Vincent Invasion's ALL SYSTEMS GO a week or two ago at the FYE Goin' Out Of Biz Extravaganza -- and 2 or 3 songs in, I wished I hadn't. :puke:

The only one I can think of in the last year is the Needle Park CD, which I got rid of pretty quick, but that was more than 2 months ago.

Well Ive only heard very good to awesome discs in the last 2 months, but then I am pretty picky with what I buy ;-)

I really like their first two releases though...why can't they get back to what people like...or go away.

I think the worst CD I heard in the last two months was the latest(?) Kells album 'Lueurs'. Btw it's a female fronted French symphonic/gothic metal band with a touch of nu-metal vibe. It's not really a bad album but nothing interesting overall. Maybe the French lyrics. And the nice singer. ;)

I really like their first two releases though...

I didnt......

I just bought Vinnie Vincent Invasion's ALL SYSTEMS GO a week or two ago at the FYE Goin' Out Of Biz Extravaganza -- and 2 or 3 songs in, I wished I hadn't. :puke:

I don't get it...how can you not like that album?? "Dirty Rhythm", "Love Kills", "That Time of Year", "Ashes to Ashes"...so many great songs on that album! But I guess if you don't like Mark's voice it's a moot point then.

That reminds me, I need to get over to our FYE TONIGHT and drop another boatload of cash! I think they close up for good on Sunday.

I don't get it...how can you not like that album?? "Dirty Rhythm", "Love Kills", "That Time of Year", "Ashes to Ashes"...so many great songs on that album! But I guess if you don't like Mark's voice it's a moot point then.

That reminds me, I need to get over to our FYE TONIGHT and drop another boatload of cash! I think they close up for good on Sunday.

The vocals are the main thing, but the whole album is pretty ridiculous. Let's face it, Vinnie's totally OTT guitar wankery is nowhere near as impressive as he probably thinks it is. Still, the album probably would've been listenable if someone else were "singing" (note the quotes) on it. Unfortunately, Mark Slaughter's voice causes me physical pain...

And yeah, I gotta try and truck out to "my" FYE either today or tomorrow for one last scrounge cuz I think they close up shop soon as well.