Jack Russell of Great White undergoes surgery

Fat Freddy

Hey Widda... didn't you just see G.W. like a week ago? Sounds like whatever was keeping him seated & using a cane when you saw him was pretty serious business. Ouch.

**WARNING** Do not read the following description of Jack's medical issue if you happen to be eating lunch...it's kinda gross.

Jack Russell, lead singer of the multi-platinum and Grammy-nominated rock band GREAT WHITE, is recovering from major surgery after suffering a perforated bowel (a medical emergency in which a hole in the bowel opens to allow its contents to empty into the rest of the abdominal cavity). The surgery left Russell with a colostomy bag. Doctors are confident that this procedure is temporary. Russell remains hospitalized in Southern California, and his condition is improving.

"It was touch-and-go for about 48 hours whether or not he was going to live," manager Obi Steinman said. "He's been in the hospital for several days, and he's doing a lot better."

Russell is the singer behind such hits as "Once Bitten Twice Shy", "Rock Me", "Angel" and "Save All Your Love". He faces another operation, but he was in good spirits today. "I've felt better, but I've felt a hell of a lot worse," he said in a statement. "Nothing is going to keep me down. This whole thing definitely makes me appreciate life more than I ever have."

Russell is expected to recover in six to eight weeks.

Singer Terry Ilous of XYZ has stepped in to replace Russell on lead vocals.

Hey Widda... didn't you just see G.W. like a week ago? Sounds like whatever was keeping him seated & using a cane when you saw him was pretty serious business. Ouch.

**WARNING** Do not read the following description of Jack's medical issue if you happen to be eating lunch...it's kinda gross.

Jack Russell, lead singer of the multi-platinum and Grammy-nominated rock band GREAT WHITE, is recovering from major surgery after suffering a perforated bowel (a medical emergency in which a hole in the bowel opens to allow its contents to empty into the rest of the abdominal cavity). The surgery left Russell with a colostomy bag. Doctors are confident that this procedure is temporary. Russell remains hospitalized in Southern California, and his condition is improving.

"It was touch-and-go for about 48 hours whether or not he was going to live," manager Obi Steinman said. "He's been in the hospital for several days, and he's doing a lot better."

Russell is the singer behind such hits as "Once Bitten Twice Shy", "Rock Me", "Angel" and "Save All Your Love". He faces another operation, but he was in good spirits today. "I've felt better, but I've felt a hell of a lot worse," he said in a statement. "Nothing is going to keep me down. This whole thing definitely makes me appreciate life more than I ever have."

Russell is expected to recover in six to eight weeks.

Singer Terry Ilous of XYZ has stepped in to replace Russell on lead vocals.

WOOOWWW!...that is major major!...thanks for the 411 keef!...He did NOT look well in sturgis.

WOOOWWW!...that is major major!...thanks for the 411 keef!...He did NOT look well in sturgis.

No problemo.

Maybe you should e-mail Jack Russell some pix of you in your American flag halter top. Y'know, just to make him feel better. :lol:

No problemo.

Maybe you should e-mail Jack Russell some pix of you in your American flag halter top. Y'know, just to make him feel better. :lol:

the rhythm guitarist...i think his name is michael lardie...kept winking at me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Blabbermouth sez that Jani Lane (!) will be filling in for Jack Russell on a bunch of Great White tour dates in the U.S. while Jack recovers... and when GW goes to Sweden in September for a festival gig, they'll be fronted by Paul Shortino just for the one show. (I assume this means Jani probably can't leave the country due to his legal troubles)... pretty cool to see Jani and Paul helpin' a brotha out like that.

Blabbermouth sez that Jani Lane (!) will be filling in for Jack Russell on a bunch of Great White tour dates in the U.S. while Jack recovers... and when GW goes to Sweden in September for a festival gig, they'll be fronted by Paul Shortino just for the one show. (I assume this means Jani probably can't leave the country due to his legal troubles)... pretty cool to see Jani and Paul helpin' a brotha out like that.

It's cool that Jani, Paul and Terry are helping these guys out but to be honest Jani doesn't really have the same vocal style of Jack so that's an odd match. Hopefully Jani is sober and pulls off by putting on a good show and actually knows the songs.

Yeah... With Jani's history, GW is taking a big risk allowing him to take the microphone. For their sake, I hope Jani decides to be a good boy and behave himself and put on the best show he can. When he's on, He's ON, but when he's off..... %@!%#^%!@#!$%!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

No problemo.

While yer at it, make a few extras for us boys... :whistle:

Get better Jack..