"Disc Ring"

HighNDryRulz

What I am talking about is the mark left on the inserts when a seller ships his/her CDs/inserts to you without jewel cases. The CD is placed inside the inserts for "protection," leaving the perfect impression of a CD on the front, back or both inserts. I have had this happen so many times, and it seems to be a common practice. Personally, it drives me up a wall. :angry2:

Does anyone else feel this way? :unsure:

Fuckin' oath it shits me !!!!

It happens all the time to me hence the reason I always want it shipped in the jewel case.

But even lately 75% of those sent in jewel cases, the bloody ring that holds the disc in place gets broken in transit and you can hear the disc sliding around and the broken bits rattling everywhere usually causing some form of scratching or marking to the disc :angry2:

Even the last order I got from CD Baby consisting of the Dana Fuchs DVD and live CD, they put the CD which is shipped in the jewel case, on top of the DVD case with nothing in between them and when it fuckin' got here, the DVD case was cracked and the paperwork cover of the DVD has an inprint {and a bad one} of the CD jewel case which will be permanent and it even caused a small tear in it as well !!!!!

That really fuckin' pissed me off :angry2:

It can be annoying, I guess, but it rarely leads to a real issue for me. I know Secondspin and AOR heaven both do it and I've never really had cause for alarm. That said, I much prefer it when people put the CDs seperate to the booklets as that avoids the issue all together and is just as easy to pack. And this is how other traders usually do it too. Me personally, I pretty much only ever deal in CD case free purchases/trades. Living in Australia if you want cases everytime you either want to be a millionaire or you'll have to half your CD purchases. :)

It happens to me a lot with cds from SwapaCD. I'm getting more and more people sending me cds inside the booklets with no other packaging. When we ship Wishing Well orders we always make sure to put the inserts in a plastic bag (or wrap them in plastic wrap) after we wrap the discs in Kleenex. It's something we're always concerned about.

www.wishingwellonline.com

www.facebook.com/Roger.Pamachena

• 2 weeks later...

I like it so much, sometimes I'll ship my perfect condition inserts to myself just so they can get that impression as well.

:rofl2:

In all seriousness, I don't like that all that much, but I'm more like Terry, and not a serious collector. :)

The doctor gave me a cream for it :lol:

:lol:

I keep thinking along the same lines every time I see this thread title. Maybe we're just the childish ones? ;)

The doctor gave me a cream for it :lol:

I keep thinking along the same lines every time I see this thread title. Maybe we're just the childish ones? ;)