Club Football 2010-11

JamesEagle

Rock n roll. Played really well today, we should have scored 4 or 5 goals in the second half. My daughter had a fantastic day, I think she'll want to go again...

:tumbsup:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffield Utd V Palace on Sky today. Cross fingers for a 3rd win on the bounce and some more great goals.

:rofl2::rofl2::doh::doh:

Seems harsh!

And Bayern again drew against Leverkusen, 1:1. :doh: Now they are 8th in the league and it's 14 points to #1 position Borussia Dortmund, who won again. :bye:

FFS! Cheated again! :doh::crying:

It was a great game James, although both ours and their first penalties were what should we say 'dodgy' decisions, plus their second was offside by a mile, so all in all whatever way you look at it, it was undoubtedly poor refereeing. Unfortunately this is becoming normality in alot of games throughout the league and is getting a bit tiresome to be honest. Take heart that we played really well again though mate and It's all very still close throughout the table, so on to Doncaster next week, which certainly won't be an easy one

Watson - Only 8 minutes away from looking like a complete footballing prick, yet again - lucky that last one went in :whistle:

It was a great game James, although both ours and their first penalties were what should we say 'dodgy' decisions, plus their second was offside by a mile, so all in all whatever way you look at it, it was undoubtedly poor refereeing. Unfortunately this is becoming normality in alot of games throughout the league and is getting a bit tiresome to be honest. Take heart that we played really well again though mate and It's all very still close throughout the table, so on to Doncaster next week, which certainly won't be an easy one

Watson - Only 8 minutes away from looking like a complete footballing prick, yet again - lucky that last one went in :whistle:

Dearie me,what a load of contrived bollocks !!

:rofl2::popcorn:

It's true though,if you read "Jez the oracle's" post,what whining excuse do we get for the loss ?.."Poor refereeing,we played well..but,the grass was not the right colour,the ball wasn't precisely round enough,the nets weren't put up properly etc,etc.....He can't admit that,in reallity,they're just crap !!!!!

It's true though,if you read "Jez the oracle's" post,what whining excuse do we get for the loss ?.."Poor refereeing,we played well..but,the grass was not the right colour,the ball wasn't precisely round enough,the nets weren't put up properly etc,etc.....He can't admit that,in reallity,they're just crap !!!!!

Feeling a bit inferior as usual?. :aw:

To be honest, that's just plain wrong. I've watched plenty of poor Palace teams over the years, but this one isn't bad and we're playing some of the best football I've seen at Selhurst Park for a long time. I moaned about the QPR winner earlier this season, as I naively believed the BBC commentator who said it was a foul. It wasn't, it was a perfectly legitimate goal, I hold my hands up. I moaned about the Millwall game, as we outplayed them yet still lost 1-0. It's not the first time we've played well this season and lost. Then we win 2 at home, again playing good football, get a bit of confidence and go up to Sheff Utd. The ref gives us a dodgy penalty, then evens up the score by giving them a penalty for a clean tackle. One of our players is so frustrated with this decision that he argues the toss and gets himself sent off. Stupid yes, but ultimately down to poor refereeing. Incredibly, at 1-1 with 10 men, we are still attacking and playing some nice football. In the 2nd half our attacks are mostly on the break, but we take the lead with a nice goal. From then on we're defending, but are doing so very well and look good for the 3 points. Then the officials allow a blatantly offside goal and we end up losing. It's just f***ing ridiculous, officials decide results every week and it shouldn’t happen. You might hate Palace and our current league position no doubt gives you a lot of pleasure, but we’re a good team playing entertaining football and not getting what we deserve.

To be honest, that's just plain wrong. I've watched plenty of poor Palace teams over the years, but this one isn't bad and we're playing some of the best football I've seen at Selhurst Park for a long time. I moaned about the QPR winner earlier this season, as I naively believed the BBC commentator who said it was a foul. It wasn't, it was a perfectly legitimate goal, I hold my hands up. I moaned about the Millwall game, as we outplayed them yet still lost 1-0. It's not the first time we've played well this season and lost. Then we win 2 at home, again playing good football, get a bit of confidence and go up to Sheff Utd. The ref gives us a dodgy penalty, then evens up the score by giving them a penalty for a clean tackle. One of our players is so frustrated with this decision that he argues the toss and gets himself sent off. Stupid yes, but ultimately down to poor refereeing. Incredibly, at 1-1 with 10 men, we are still attacking and playing some nice football. In the 2nd half our attacks are mostly on the break, but we take the lead with a nice goal. From then on we're defending, but are doing so very well and look good for the 3 points. Then the officials allow a blatantly offside goal and we end up losing. It's just f***ing ridiculous, officials decide results every week and it shouldn’t happen. You might hate Palace and our current league position no doubt gives you a lot of pleasure, but we’re a good team playing entertaining football and not getting what we deserve.

Eloquently put...But as with Jez,the supporers "everthings against us" handbook isn't very good,like your team,when it's YOUR turn.....

NO SYMPATHY !!!!!!

No sympathy is fine, I'd be the same if it was Man U, Man City, Birmingham, Leeds, Millwall or Charlton (I remember the latter being relegated - happy, happy memories). I'm just calling it as I see it. I reckon we'll put a good run together soon and then we won't need any sympathy.

:bananamac:

Eloquently put...But as with Jez,the supporers "everthings against us" handbook isn't very good,like your team,when it's YOUR turn.....

NO SYMPATHY !!!!!!

Plain Wrong you say James? He's never right mate, you should know that by now :whistle:

Old Wotters trying to save face yet again? Give it up already ffs :doh:

No sympathy is fine, I'd be the same if it was Man U, Man City, Birmingham, Leeds, Millwall or Charlton (I remember the latter being relegated - happy, happy memories). I'm just calling it as I see it. I reckon we'll put a good run together soon and then we won't need any sympathy.

The last thing I want is sympathy either, especially from a L**on fan. We are struggling and I have openly admitted that, but to say Palace are just crap and I keep whining, comes from someone who hasn't a clue what they are talking about and has a very very short memory too. Check back over previous years footie threads, quite interesting reading you'll find from old whingeing Watson :whistle: . What is laughable and also little bit sad to be honest, is the fact this comes from someone whose team is languishing at the arse end of the football league, playing non league football and gets excited when they score a few goals against very poor opposition (which to be perfectly honest, I could beat with my dodgy knee and my hands tied behind my back). Suggestion - get your own house in order first before 'trying' to give it large. End of discussion really.

Do I feel hard done by in some games this season? Fucking right I do, especially last Saturday, which would have seen us climb out of the relegation zone and only 3 points from mid table and so too would anyone else with a passion for their team. Some of the decisions that have been dished out (not just to us as I said before) have been downright poor and no one can deny that fact and goes some way to explain why we are near the botton of the table (note I said 'Some way'). That is not a total excuse, as we have been poor in a few key games this season and lost against some we shouldn't have (Millwall and Scunthorpe being bad ones) but please, certain people need to get their facts right before coming on here, especially considering their own embarassing position.

The last thing I want is sympathy either, especially from a L**on fan. We are struggling and I have openly admitted that, but to say Palace are just crap and I keep whining, comes from someone who hasn't a clue what they are talking about and has a very very short memory too. Check back over previous years footie threads, quite interesting reading you'll find from old whingeing Watson :whistle: . What is laughable and also little bit sad to be honest, is the fact this comes from someone whose team is languishing at the arse end of the football league, playing non league football and gets excited when they score a few goals against very poor opposition (which to be perfectly honest, I could beat with my dodgy knee and my hands tied behind my back). Suggestion - get your own house in order first before 'trying' to give it large. End of discussion really.

Do I feel hard done by in some games this season? Fucking right I do, especially last Saturday, which would have seen us climb out of the relegation zone and only 3 points from mid table and so too would anyone else with a passion for their team. Some of the decisions that have been dished out (not just to us as I said before) have been downright poor and no one can deny that fact and goes some way to explain why we are near the botton of the table (note I said 'Some way'). That is not a total excuse, as we have been poor in a few key games this season and lost against some we shouldn't have (Millwall and Scunthorpe being bad ones) but please, certain people need to get their facts right before coming on here, especially considering their own embarassing position.

What a load of self-pitying bollocks by our esteemed "know - nothing".He goes on about previous years posts,where I've argued,took the piss about his "team",yet stuck with my team through everything.Just because I played "a bit" in my youth,he calls me "professional",if only,but it gives me a better insight into football than he'll ever have.But cos he hates the Town in general,I suppose he'll continue with his knowledgable "You're shite,scummy,cheating fuckers,disgrace blah,blah,blash..All from someone who's insight comes from...Papers,someone he knew that told him and a lot of hearsay.We went through a lot of crap,but I've NEVER deserted my team.......

Just because I played "a bit" in my youth,he calls me "professional",if only,but it gives me a better insight into football than he'll ever have.

:rofl2::rofl: Who was that for, 'The Bricklayers Arms' Ladies team?

You wanna give 'The Mighty Town' (hic) a ring 'Mr Pro', as They are in desperate need of a new striker.

And I talk bollocks heh? I thought I was Mr. Oracle yesterday? Make your mind up old chap, :unsure:

Palace 1 Doncaster 0 and 3 wins out of 4 - Have some of that :bananamac:

Nice result, especially with so many players missing again. Hope we can keep it going.

Surely time for another: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGLLLLLLLLLLLESSSSSSSSSS!!! :tumbsup: