Club Football 2010-11

JamesEagle

I am seriously feckin' depressed about yesterday's result. Derby are so average, beating us 5-0 is a real blow. I know we had a man sent off, but apparently we were dreadful even when we did have 11 men. I have to tell myself that staying up is enough this season. After nearly going out of business and losing so many players, staying in the Championship this season and having a crack at the play offs next would be okay. It just feels that with Davids and Speroni only likely to be here for this season, it could be a real wasted opportunity.

Supporting Palace = :doh:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am seriously feckin' depressed about yesterday's result. Derby are so average, beating us 5-0 is a real blow. I know we had a man sent off, but apparently we were dreadful even when we did have 11 men. I have to tell myself that staying up is enough this season. After nearly going out of business and losing so many players, staying in the Championship this season and having a crack at the play offs next would be okay. It just feels that with Davids and Speroni only likely to be here for this season, it could be a real wasted opportunity.

The results so far are no real surprise mate to be honest, it was always going to be a struggle with all the turmoil we have had recently. We have played some good stuff this season (along with a lot of rubbish) so there is hope. As you say, staying up is the priority and I am sure we will do so, so the defeatist attitude doesn't really help matters. Be positive, the season is young ;)

The results so far are no real surprise mate to be honest, it was always going to be a struggle with all the turmoil we have had recently. We have played some good stuff this season (along with a lot of rubbish) so there is hope. As you say, staying up is the priority and I am sure we will do so, so the defeatist attitude doesn't really help matters. Be positive, the season is young ;)

Agree 100%. I just want to be able to tell my grandkids some good stories about "when Davids played for Palace"! :tumbsup:

No amount of Davids slating can get me down, he is a legend and I am so chuffed about him playing for the Eagles!

wpid-Holland-legend-Edgar-Davids-Crystal-Palace.jpg

:tumbsup:

Too right James. He is a bit of a legend, and some other clubs would love to have him, but 1) just couldn't afford him 2) Just couldn't afford him 3) Just couldn't afford him and 4) He wanted to go to a club that he had heard of before anyway - Remind you of anybody? :whistle:

Decent result tonight against 2nd in the table.

Apparently wpid-Holland-legend-Edgar-Davids-Crystal-Palace.jpg played a bit of a blinder. Any excuse to post that picture again! :tumbsup:

Cheated apparently - foul on our keeper for their winning goal in injury time, everyone (including the BBC reporter) saw it, except the referee. :doh:

Cheated apparently - foul on our keeper for their winning goal in injury time, everyone (including the BBC reporter) saw it, except the referee. :doh:

Foul,by christ Si Baroni (Sperroni) flapped and missed,and Helgusson headed clean !!!!!!

A lot of udoing came from "King of the backpass" Davids !!

Foul,by christ Si Baroni (Sperroni) flapped and missed,and Helgusson headed clean !!!!!!

A lot of udoing came from "King of the backpass" Davids !!

I think you need to borrow Edgars specs, you freak.

Fuck ! Bayern lost again. 2:0 in Dortmund. 8 points out of 21 isn't exactly great, is it ?!?! #12 in the league now. Shit !

Fuck ! Bayern lost again. 2:0 in Dortmund. 8 points out of 21 isn't exactly great, is it ?!?! #12 in the league now. Shit !

Wow! Are you starting to feel our pain? ;)

Wow! Are you starting to feel our pain? ;)

Slowly, but surely .. ! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

England 0 Montenegro 0 was shit !!!!!!!

Football ain't coming home, is it ?!?! :nyanya:

England 0 Montenegro 0 was shit !!!!!!!

Football ain't coming home, is it ?!?! :nyanya:

After that ??......No fuckin' chance !!!!!!!!!

We weren't great, but it was still a travesty imo. How on earth did the linesman miss the handball? The fella might as well have picked the ball up, it was that blatant. Thought Adam Johnson was great at times, Young was quite good, Gerrard was in out of the game, but occasionally excellent. Barry was a waste of a player though, terrible performance for me. I thought we were easily the better side, but have to agree that we're not good enough overall, we're certainly not going to beat teams like Spain and Germany any time soon.

Going to watch Palace v Millwall today. Hope there's plenty of police around...

:yikes:

We've played well the last couple of games against the top clubs without getting much out of them, se we desperately need a win today to kick things into action. If not, it's gonna be trouble on the horizon I think. Enjoy the match James.