Club Football 2010-11

JamesEagle

As discussed, a new thread for the new season. It would be good to hear from anyone who supports a football club, as far as I know that applies to at least Jez, Bernd, Glen and myself. What do you expect/predict for the new season? That's your own club and others if you like.

To get the ball rolling, I think Palace will finish around 15th in the Championship. A season of consolidation after the troubles we've had in recent years, maybe a chance for the new owners to decide whether they want to risk investing more money in the squad for future seasons.

I'm hoping Charlton have a season of consolidation too - mid-table in League One! :tumbsup:

palace.gif

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m hoping Man U are going to be in serious contention again this season and not to be given chance after chance by Chelsea.

I`ve not caught up with whom they may or may not be after or offloading!

Hope it`s another tight race at both ends of the Prem again.

Roll on the new season. :beerbang:

Pretty much like yourself James. I am truly thankful we still have a club after last year to be honest, so with that in mind, I am not expecting miracles. I think we will have a difficult season ahead, but realistically, I expect top 12, as I think we certainly have the squad to do it. Hopefully everything will gel quickly and we will settle down for a goodish season.

" Crystal Palace are almost out of administration after Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs decided not to appeal CPFC 2010's Creditors' Voluntary Agreement.

HMRC was the only company who could appeal the CVA but it did not lodge papers with the courts before today's 4pm deadline.

That now means CPFC 2010 can apply to The Football League for a transfer of the club's Football League Share, which will give them sole control of the club.

Brendan Guilfoyle, joint administrator of Crystal Palace 2000 Limited, said: "This is now the beginning of the end of the rescue of Crystal Palace FC.

"I am delighted and would like to express my sincere gratitude for the support and patience of the staff and fans and indeed everyone involved at Crystal Palace.

“I would like to say a special thank you to Steve Parish.

"Without his determination and tenacity it would not have been possible to resolve the many difficulties that arose during such complex and lengthy negotiations.”

The process with the Football League should be completed within a week, meaning the club can register their new players in time for the new season."

A new beginning and extremely great news indeed, for a great, 'Well Respected' (note those word Watson - oh how you wish :fu: ) club. :banana: :banana:

" Crystal Palace are almost out of administration after Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs decided not to appeal CPFC 2010's Creditors' Voluntary Agreement.

HMRC was the only company who could appeal the CVA but it did not lodge papers with the courts before today's 4pm deadline.

That now means CPFC 2010 can apply to The Football League for a transfer of the club's Football League Share, which will give them sole control of the club.

Brendan Guilfoyle, joint administrator of Crystal Palace 2000 Limited, said: "This is now the beginning of the end of the rescue of Crystal Palace FC.

"I am delighted and would like to express my sincere gratitude for the support and patience of the staff and fans and indeed everyone involved at Crystal Palace.

"Without his determination and tenacity it would not have been possible to resolve the many difficulties that arose during such complex and lengthy negotiations.”

The process with the Football League should be completed within a week, meaning the club can register their new players in time for the new season."

A new beginning and extremely great news indeed, for a great, 'Well Respected' (note those word Watson - oh how you wish :fu: ) club. :banana: :banana:

:tumbsup:

:woot:

Just hope we can bring in 4 or 5 decent players so I can get really excited!

Still not looking too good for Southend -

Southend United have reiterated that they have paid money owed to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and Charterhouse Commercial Finance.

The club face winding-up and administration hearings over the debts, which totalled just under £400,000.

A statement on their website says: "Funds had been deposited for payment of the Revenue debt and also for the amount due to Charterhouse."

The club face an administration hearing in the High Court on 2 August.

A winding-up petition from Charterhouse has been adjourned until 11 August.

Southend had owed £238,710 to HMRC and £140,000 to Charterhouse Commercial Finance, but the HMRC still believe the club should be placed into administration due to its 'habitual defaulting'.

The club has recently released several of its higher paid players in a bid to balance the books, but now has only nine registered players available to play in the Football League.

The Blues are currently under a transfer embargo but the Professional Footballers Association has told BBC Essex that if the club can produce evidence to the Football League that they are dealing with their financial problems, they could be given special dispensation to register players.

Although the debts are basically paid there's still a strong chance they could go into administration. Also they just dont appear to have enough players, although they have in the last week or so signed up a few players, including a new keeper from Leyton Orient.

Seriously if they survive administration and stay in the football league it will be a miracle.

:tumbsup:

:woot:

Just hope we can bring in 4 or 5 decent players so I can get really excited!

"4 or 5" and the rest !!!!

Well, my club Bayern Munich is going to win the German championship once more and then take another hit at the European Championsleague. It's about time we win that one again ... !

It's as easy as that ! :lol:

Sounds like Bernd has it easy!

The Southend situation again shows what is wrong with football. Man City (for example) are paying amounts similar to Southend's overall debt in weekly wages to some players. That club was in the same division as Southend not too many years ago. They should be f***ing ashamed of themselves.

Ambrose re-signs for The Eagles. Lovley jubbly :bananamac:

:agree:

Just hope we sign this 35-year old Italian. I think he'd be a great character and add a touch of class.

0-0 at Bromley. Surely that must be play-off form? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well maybe Southend's luck is changing.

I feared the worst when Stockport scored in the 83rd minute....first home defeat was looming.

But bugger me sideways if we didnt get the equaliser in extra time.

:bananamac:

Well played Southend. Palace 3-0 up at half time tried to throw it away, apparently we were terrible second half and just about escaped with a 3-2 win. Happy days though, wins won't be easy to come by this season, so we'll take that! :tumbsup:

Well played Southend. Palace 3-0 up at half time tried to throw it away, apparently we were terrible second half and just about escaped with a 3-2 win. Happy days though, wins won't be easy to come by this season, so we'll take that! :tumbsup:

Good result against Leicester mate. First half was excellent, not so good the second, especially the defence, but they are going to take time to gel with the new players etc. It isn't going to be plain sailing by any stretch, but a promising start all the same. We'll see what the next few games bring,

Good result against Leicester mate. First half was excellent, not so good the second, especially the defence, but they are going to take time to gel with the new players etc. It isn't going to be plain sailing by any stretch, but a promising start all the same. We'll see what the next few games bring,

Dropping Claude Davis would sort that out! :D

Millwall result was a bit worrying though - what's that all about? :o

Barnsley 1 Crystal "we're gonna finish mid-table" Palace 0

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Mid table? If we're lucky! It's a relegation scrap this season for us IMO, but I think we should be okay. Appalling result today, tough one at home to Ipswich next week.

Barnsley 1 Crystal "we're gonna finish mid-table" Palace 0

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I believe that competing and maybe finishing mid table in the Championship after all our trials and tribulations over the last year, is alot better than being in a blue square league full of crap football teams, correct me if I am wrong? When you get back in a real league, playing at a decent level,against quality teams, then maybe try and pass judgement, until that long distant moment arrives, I suggest you worry about your own 'team' and jog on brother Watson. :loser:

I was on such a high after we were saved, but losing to Barnsley? :crying:

It's going to take a while to get over that one...

Anybody seen the rumours flying around? Edgar Davids for Palace! :rofl2:

Surely there's no way it will happen, but it would be great if it did. Apparently the club is actually talking to him, but I just can't see him playing for us. Hope I'm wrong.

Anybody seen the rumours flying around? Edgar Davids for Palace! :rofl2:

Surely there's no way it will happen, but it would be great if it did. Apparently the club is actually talking to him, but I just can't see him playing for us. Hope I'm wrong.

I also heard Cruyff,Neeskens,Kroll and Rep,from 1974/78 reckoned playing for Palace is almost sorted...... :rofl2::rofl2:

:lol:

Davids is only 37! A mere spring chicken! ;)

On a pay as you play deal evidentally. He's Still a good player even at 37 and at Championship level will be fine. Some Scummy non league teams would sell all their whole squad squad to have players like this involved in their club, even if it only adds to the gate receipts, so all good news for us.

:lol:

Davids is only 37! A mere spring chicken! ;)

On a pay as you play deal evidentally. He's Still a good player even at 37 and at Championship level will be fine. Some Scummy non league teams would sell all their whole squad squad to have players like this involved in their club, even if it only adds to the gate receipts, so all good news for us.

Burley reckons there's an 80% chance it will happen. I'm keeping everything crossed. Hope I don't get cramp... ;)