Club Football 2010-11

JamesEagle

:lol:

Davids is only 37! A mere spring chicken! ;)

On a pay as you play deal evidentally. He's Still a good player even at 37 and at Championship level will be fine. Some Scummy non league teams would sell all their whole squad squad to have players like this involved in their club, even if it only adds to the gate receipts, so all good news for us.

Burley reckons there's an 80% chance it will happen. I'm keeping everything crossed. Hope I don't get cramp... ;)

Terms agreed. At the game tomorrow. Excellent stuff

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Davids is only 37! A mere spring chicken! ;)

On a pay as you play deal evidentally. He's Still a good player even at 37 and at Championship level will be fine. Some Scummy non league teams would sell all their whole squad squad to have players like this involved in their club, even if it only adds to the gate receipts, so all good news for us.

Burley reckons there's an 80% chance it will happen. I'm keeping everything crossed. Hope I don't get cramp... ;)

Terms agreed. At the game tomorrow. Excellent stuff

Fantastic! Incredible! I am sooooo excited about this, I'm like a little kid!

He might be 37, but what a class player to have at our club. :bowdown:

:tumbsup: :tumbsup: :tumbsup: :tumbsup: :tumbsup:

Lost 2-1 at home to Ipswich today, the referee was a disgrace and destroyed the game. He basically decided the result. Really gutting. We played quite well though and will get better. Eagles!

palace.gif

Lost 2-1 at home to Ipswich today, the referee was a disgrace and destroyed the game. He basically decided the result. Really gutting. We played quite well though and will get better. Eagles!

palace.gif

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Blame the ref eh?,the use of that and other "Jez-isms" does you credit :rofl2:

Still,you have 37 year old,hasn't played competitively for 2 years,Edgar Davids,and Ipswich reserve reserve,Cunuago,to help you try and hit the heady heights of "mid-table".... :whistle:

palace.gif

Yeah it was a good match evidentally, so no worries this early on in the season. Davids is playing next week I believe, so hopefully he will go well.

palace.gif

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Blame the ref eh?,the use of that and other "Jez-isms" does you credit :rofl2:

Still,you have 37 year old,hasn't played competitively for 2 years,Edgar Davids,and Ipswich reserve reserve,Cunuago,to help you try and hit the heady heights of "mid-table".... :whistle:

And L**ns recent quality signings are who exactly? None, nada, nothing, fuck all. Why? Because you haven't got any money to spend on players and nobody wants to go there and play at that level anyways :ahole:

Stop press: Sorry I forgot you signed Dan Walker from my local team Bedford Town for 24p :rofl2:

palace.gif

Yes, I do blame the ref. He was hopeless. Even the Ipswich sending off (too late to be of much help to Palace) was harsh, a yellow would have done. There was no malice in the first half at all, yet it kicked off on a couple of occasions in the second half, entirely caused by the referee's ineptitude. He decided the result of the game (with his incompetence) and at today's ticket prices, that is scandalous.

Oh, and Grant Leadbitter jeering the Palace fans after both goals went unpunished. I wish him every misfortune. The twat.

palace.gif

Yes, I do blame the ref. He was hopeless. Even the Ipswich sending off (too late to be of much help to Palace) was harsh, a yellow would have done. There was no malice in the first half at all, yet it kicked off on a couple of occasions in the second half, entirely caused by the referee's ineptitude. He decided the result of the game (with his incompetence) and at today's ticket prices, that is scandalous.

Oh, and Grant Leadbitter jeering the Palace fans after both goals went unpunished. I wish him every misfortune. The twat.

To quote the L**n Fanboy from last season

"We drew 1-1,but were cheated from victory in the last 5 minutes by the ref who sent one our players off and gave them a penalty......"

Seems like that excuse has been used before then :whistle:

Happens to every club now and then, refs do decide results (usually not intentionally). Many fans frequently think it has happened to our club, but usually when the dust has settled and we've calmed down, we realise we're being rash. However, sometimes we still know we've been wronged. Saturday's ref was atrocious, just pathetic. However, I can now put it into perspective and say that he was only the second worst ref I've seen at a Palace game. The worst ever was Dermot Gallagher, who knocked Palace out of the cup against Leeds a few years ago, an unbelievable performance with a decision that was as bad as the Lampard goal not being allowed against Germany!

• 3 weeks later...

New striker and new defender hopefully playing tomorrow, albeit both on loan. Davids will be in Holland seeing his unwell father and/or being interviewed in connection with assaulting a woman, depending on what newspaper/website you read. Exciting times though, come on Palace!

We sir are in the shit if we keep this up.

:agree:

I really thought the new signings would give us a lift. Both good players, but another dismal result. I went to the same fixture last season, we won 4-2 and it was a fantastic night. Are we that much worse this season? A relegation battle beckons. :crying:

We sir are in the shit if we keep this up.

:agree:

I really thought the new signings would give us a lift. Both good players, but another dismal result. I went to the same fixture last season, we won 4-2 and it was a fantastic night. Are we that much worse this season? A relegation battle beckons. :crying:

No panic as of yet, and a couple of good results will pick things up I am sure, but they need to get going fairly quickly now, as getting stuck in the bottom five or six is not easy to get out of, once you get a few points behind (ask fanboy, he knows all about that). What's that, 5 penalties conceded in six games? not usually that many in a season in recent years, plus our defence is usually rock solid, which ain't happening at the moment either.

Agreed, I think Paddy is letting us down, which is unusual and pretty poor for a captain. Hopefully just a blip in form. Maybe the new signings will start to gel over the next few games. Pompey at home Tuesday night, we really need a good performance!

Agreed, I think Paddy is letting us down, which is unusual and pretty poor for a captain. Hopefully just a blip in form. Maybe the new signings will start to gel over the next few games. Pompey at home Tuesday night, we really need a good performance!

4-1 mate! Result :beerbang:

If you call beating Portsmouth,who'd struggle in a Sunday league,a result !!!!!! :whistle:

On paper, Portsmouth have a very good side. (In fact, how the feck can they afford to pay those players while they are still in administration?) It's a great result, although apparently we didn't really deserve to win by such a margin. Still, we were certainly due a bit of luck, long may it continue! :tumbsup:

Oh, and James Vaughan: :bowdown:

If you call beating Portsmouth,who'd struggle in a Sunday league,a result !!!!!! :whistle:

Says the man who's team tries to play non league football and can't even beat teams like Tamworth and Hayes. Idiot

• 2 weeks later...

Says the man who's team tries to play non league football and can't even beat teams like Tamworth and Hayes. Idiot

...Add GATESHEAD :fu: