Vince Neil

Mullethead

I haven't had much interest in this after finding out it's mostly covers.

The title track is a good tune though.

Ditto.

After hearing the title track and thinking it was pretty good I was going to pick this up. But after finding out about it being mostly covers I won't bother.

He needs to get to work with the Crue and put another CD with the same quality as SOLA.

I was also disappointed that it had a lot of covers on it, but I will say that he did cover them well. Good stuff honestly, even if it is a cheezy way to get an album out there.

So what's the breakdown here? I'm like the other guys - haven't even given this the time of day (and don't plan to) because it's mostly covers. But how many new, original songs are there on this?

So what's the breakdown here? I'm like the other guys - haven't even given this the time of day (and don't plan to) because it's mostly covers. But how many new, original songs are there on this?

Geoff I think I read somewhere there were only 3 originals.

Geoff I think I read somewhere there were only 3 originals.

Thanks for the info. Man, this album's just begging to be picked apart via download. Will look at plucking the 3 originals off I-Tunes perhaps.

maybe I need to give the new song another try. I hated it the one and only time I tried to listen to it.

I think so. I am not even a big Vince Neil fan but thought the song was decent....worth having in the shuffle.

Guest Dangerous Toy

The title track sounds way too modern and reminds me of the hugely overrated and also modern sounding SOLA album. I'll just stick to Exposed.

The title track sounds way too modern and reminds me of the hugely overrated and also modern sounding SOLA album. I'll just stick to Exposed.

Wow, are we listening to the same song? I chuckled a little when I read your post because Exposed is what I think of when I listen to this album. That and I passed a little gas...always makes me smile :)

Guest Dangerous Toy

Wow, are we listening to the same song? I chuckled a little when I read your post because Exposed is what I think of when I listen to this album. That and I passed a little gas...always makes me smile :)

Yup, exact same song. If the rest of the tracks sound like "Tattoo's and Tequila", I'll stay clear of this one just like I did SOLA. A hard rock album that's 30% old school and 70% modern rock will never be my cup of tea.

Label's like Perris Records release way too many obscure monster hard rock/melodic metal discs that deserve listening to than to settle for second rate nonsense like a Vince Neil cover's album.

Yup, exact same song. If the rest of the tracks sound like "Tattoo's and Tequila", I'll stay clear of this one just like I did SOLA. A hard rock album that's 30% old school and 70% modern rock will never be my cup of tea.

Label's like Perris Records release way too many obscure monster hard rock/melodic metal discs that deserve listening to than to settle for second rate nonsense like a Vince Neil cover's album.

I respect your opinion but I have to ask. Have you listened to the SOLA album and if so how many times? I'm sorry, I just don't agree that T&T sounds modern.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right there with the best releases this year!

Tis a great CD indeed.

Cool, glad you liked it! I agree that 99% of cover albums suck total ass but this one is the 1%.

Guest Dangerous Toy

I respect your opinion but I have to ask. Have you listened to the SOLA album and if so how many times? I'm sorry, I just don't agree that T&T sounds modern.

I respect your opinion as well and I do own the album and so far have listened to it twice. It came in a five CD hair metal bundle I got off eBay late last year. My problem with SOLA is the same problem I have with albums like Tesla's Forever More. To me, they sound like albums that are made for modern rock radio sans a classic sounding track or two that's there to pull in the old school fans.

It could be the production, lyrics, playing, you name it. When I listen to SOLA or Forever More, I hear Nickelback with Vince Neil and Jeff Keith on vocals. I don't hear much of each band's signature style/sound anymore. There's really no other way for me to say it. That's not to say that I think every new hard rock release should sound like it was dropped in 1988 either.

I thought Stryper's Murder By Pride was incredible and it had just enough of an updated sound to let you know the band had matured, but not sold out like they had on Reborn. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents Mullethead.

I respect your opinion as well and I do own the album and so far have listened to it twice. It came in a five CD hair metal bundle I got off eBay late last year. My problem with SOLA is the same problem I have with albums like Tesla's Forever More. To me, they sound like albums that are made for modern rock radio sans a classic sounding track or two that's there to pull in the old school fans.

It could be the production, lyrics, playing, you name it. When I listen to SOLA or Forever More, I hear Nickelback with Vince Neil and Jeff Keith on vocals. I don't hear much of each band's signature style/sound anymore. There's really no other way for me to say it. That's not to say that I think every new hard rock release should sound like it was dropped in 1988 either.

I thought Stryper's Murder By Pride was incredible and it had just enough of an updated sound to let you know the band had matured, but not sold out like they had on Reborn. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents Mullethead.

Wow mate you surprise me. For the main part I thought 'Murder By Pride' sucked (not a good sign when the Boston cover was the best song!), but that 'Forevermore' was pretty excellent.

I like Nickelback too so that maybe the difference :) Either way, rock what you like brother ;)

Btw, there are two new tracks. Tattoo's & Tequlia & Another Bad Day, which is awesome. This is actually a left over track from New Tattoo written by Nikki Sixx. I hope everyone picks up this cd. An excellent group he put together too featuing the bassist & guitarist for Slaughter.

I was actually pretty excited for this CD a long time ago. I was really disappointed when I found out that it's pretty much a covers album. As for the title track, I thought that it sounded quite modern and was just kind of "there." I admit that I only listened to it once or twice. I've been reading a lot of positive things about this album, here and other places, so I will try to give this thing another try and consider buying it.

I was actually pretty excited for this CD a long time ago. I was really disappointed when I found out that it's pretty much a covers album. As for the title track, I thought that it sounded quite modern and was just kind of "there." I admit that I only listened to it once or twice. I've been reading a lot of positive things about this album, here and other places, so I will try to give this thing another try and consider buying it.

I'm still just amazed that anyone hears anything remotely modern about the T&T song. And I enjoy a lot of modern bands, just don't hear it.

I dont hear anything overly modern in it either.

I'm not even sure I know what modern is anyway, seeing as most 'modern' bands are just rehashing the older sound anyway.

I just listened to it again to refresh my memory. The music is definitely modern. The vocals sound more like Vince Neil than a more traditional modern singer, obviously. I'm not saying that it's a bad song by any means. It's not what I was hoping for, but it's okay.