Vince Neil

Mullethead

I dont hear anything overly modern in it either.

I'm not even sure I know what modern is anyway, seeing as most 'modern' bands are just rehashing the older sound anyway.

Exactly! Listen to Hinder for a perfect example. This sounds like Vince Neil with Slaughter as a backing band. Nothing modern about it...

This sounds like Vince Neil with Slaughter as a backing band. Nothing modern about it...

Wow, like Slaughter? I'm definitely not hearing that at all. Which Slaughter album?

Jeff and Dana have played the same style their whole career, pick an album. :)

To be honest, I really only know the old stuff like Stick It To Ya and The Wild Life, totally different stuff and well before Tim died and Jeff joined.

I think that these fans that long for the glory days have it all wrong. If a band, I'll say Stryper because they were brought up in this thread, plays their sound on "To Hell With The Devil" for their entire career, then it won't last long. An artist has to mature and change things up a bit so they don't get stale and samey. This is what killed AOR and hair metal in the early 90's. Every band sounded the same as the other. It got stale. When Nirvana and Pearl Jam came in, they sounded so different while keeping some of that signature 80's sound, it worked. I for one love "Reborn" and "Murder By Pride". I also like this track from Vince Neil and loved "SOLA" from the Crue because it doesn't sound like anything that we are used to from them. Now that being said, you shouldn't take my word for it or even agree with me because I happen to love Nickelback too.

I think that these fans that long for the glory days have it all wrong. If a band, I'll say Stryper because they were brought up in this thread, plays their sound on "To Hell With The Devil" for their entire career, then it won't last long.

not 100% true but I'd say 80% true. 2 examples are AC/DC and ZZ Top. pretty much the same sound through out their career's

I think that these fans that long for the glory days have it all wrong. If a band, I'll say Stryper because they were brought up in this thread, plays their sound on "To Hell With The Devil" for their entire career, then it won't last long.

not 100% true but I'd say 80% true. 2 examples are AC/DC and ZZ Top. pretty much the same sound through out their career's

They are the exceptions to the rule and think about this: ZZ Top hasn't done a thing in a long time and AC/DC released 2 in 10 years. And think of this: How many AC/DC sound-alikes made it?

They are the exceptions to the rule and think about this: ZZ Top hasn't done a thing in a long time and AC/DC released 2 in 10 years. And think of this: How many AC/DC sound-alikes made it?

And it depends on the person too...one of the reasons I am not a fan of either of those bands is the fact that every song sounds the same. I don't dig that at all...

To be honest, I really only know the old stuff like Stick It To Ya and The Wild Life, totally different stuff and well before Tim died and Jeff joined.

Then I would A) Tell you to buy the rest of Slaughters catelogue because youre missing out :)...and B.) The album Jeff played on was an awesome cd and much heavier than their other stuff. I don't want to speak for others but I believe most people on here loved Back to Reality. That would be Dana & Jeff...same as the VN album, same style.

It's no big thang..either you like it or you don't. No worries! :headbanger:

And it depends on the person too...one of the reasons I am not a fan of either of those bands is the fact that every song sounds the same. I don't dig that at all...

Same reason I am not a big fan of either. Too samey.

Then I would A) Tell you to buy the rest of Slaughters catelogue because youre missing out :)

Definitely. I've always wanted to check the rest out. It's just an issue of too much great stuff, not enough money!

Then I would A) Tell you to buy the rest of Slaughters catelogue because youre missing out :)

Definitely. I've always wanted to check the rest out. It's just an issue of too much great stuff, not enough money!

I know man, sucks. We need to win the lotto and split the dough. We'll buy every cd we ever wanted.....and RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! (Laughing evil)

:)