Guilty Pleasures

Dire Straits as guilty pleasure? C'mon, their first three albums are rock classics. Great stuff indeed.

In which case Dire Straits are a 'guilty hate' for me! :whistle:

"Into The Groove makes my top 5 beyond a doubt. OK... I better stop now. :unsure:

That's definitely a guilty one, Madonna at her cheesiest! ;)

Reckon I can trump you though, how about:

Kriss Kross - Jump

Okay, the Madonna stuff and anything else here I can handle (who doesn't mind a bit of Madonna if it's all the radio can muster up?! :)) but mate, do you seriously like that Kriss Kross song? That, I dare say, is getting a bit too guilty.

"Into The Groove makes my top 5 beyond a doubt. OK... I better stop now. :unsure:

Kriss Kross - Jump

Okay, the Madonna stuff and anything else here I can handle (who doesn't mind a bit of Madonna if it's all the radio can muster up?! :)) but mate, do you seriously like that Kriss Kross song? That, I dare say, is getting a bit too guilty.

Off with his head or at least his ears. ;)

Kriss Kross - Jump

Off with his head or at least his ears. ;)

I'm suddenly feeling like I have nothing to feel guilty about with Madonna. Thanks James... you really brightened my day. :tumbsup:

I hang my head in shame before the alter of metal and all thing's rock as i type. :anon:

Dance Hall Days-Whang Chung

Live To Tell-Madonna

Rio-Duran Duran

Voices Carry-Til Tuesday

Toy Soldiers-Martika

So Far Away-Dire Straits

Voices-Russ Ballard

Clocks-Coldplay

Planet Earth-Duran Duran

Mad About You-Blinda Carlisle

Coming Around Again-Carly Simon

State Of The Nation-Industry

Fight The Power-Public Enemy

If You Were Here-The Thompson Twins

And much more shame that i can't recall at the moment.

C'mon peeps, how bout some damn video clips???

MTV first went on the air when I was 11 years old, so I grew up watching it about sixteen hours a day. Therefore in addition to its planting the Metal Seed in my pre-teen brain thanks to regular rotation of early Priest, Saxon and Maiden vids, I also developed a fondness for the cheesy '80s synth pop of the day.

So therefore I don't feel "guilty" about liking any of these at all, but since none are "metal" in the slightest they have caused me to be subjected to some ribbing from my tr00er-than-thou friends over the years.

Mind you I don't own any CDs by these artists, but I don't rush to change the station when their songs come on the radio either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfhpp-4I60E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guvo7gUdUnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUjIA3Rt7gk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc

and of course, my 25+ year crush on Samantha Fox is well documented so we don't need to go there. :lol:

I could go on and on but you get the idea....

Rio-Duran Duran

Toy Soldiers-Martika

Planet Earth-Duran Duran

All three of these are great songs! If they count as guilty pleasures, my list would run for about 10 pages! Plus you mentioned Thompson Twins - 'Doctor Doctor' is an absolute favourite of mine. I think you guys are holding back; come on fellas, share the shame! ;)

Rio-Duran Duran

Toy Soldiers-Martika

Planet Earth-Duran Duran

All three of these are great songs! If they count as guilty pleasures, my list would run for about 10 pages! Plus you mentioned Thompson Twins - 'Doctor Doctor' is an absolute favourite of mine. I think you guys are holding back; come on fellas, share the shame! ;)

The first 3 Duran Duran discs are excellent - nothing guilty about those whatsoever.

We have a really cool radio station in KC called 105 the Jack where they play anything & everything & take no requests...We listen to it at work & the other day they played Madonna, Cinderella, A Flock of Seagulls, 38 Special, Huey Lewis & Y&T within an hour..Here's some more guilt songs I like:

DON'T DREAM IT'S OVER - CROWDED HOUSE

HEART & SOUL - HUEY LEWIS

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY - FERGIE

MEXICAN RADIO - WALL OF VOODOO

VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR - BUGGLES

MANIC MONDAY - THE BANGLES

THE SIGN/DON'T TURN AROUND/CRUEL SUMMER - ACE OF BASE

OUR HOUSE - MADNESS

I KNOW THERE'S SOMETHING GOING ON - FRIDA (this is probably one of my all time favorites)

We have a really cool radio station in KC called 105 the Jack where they play anything & everything & take no requests...We listen to it at work & the other day they played Madonna, Cinderella, A Flock of Seagulls, 38 Special, Huey Lewis & Y&T within an hour..Here's some more guilt songs I like:

HEART & SOUL - HUEY LEWIS

VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR - BUGGLES

I KNOW THERE'S SOMETHING GOING ON - FRIDA (this is probably one of my all time favorites)

Some nice stuff there mate. I have always liked Huey's stuff and the 'Sports' album especially is great.

The Buggles 'Plastic Age' album is really a very good Pop/Electronic album and one of my faves from back in the day. Still play it ocassionally and have it on my Zen aswell. Great pop.

That Frida track is a killer, especially the much longer Album version. It was written by Russ Ballard, featuring Phl Collins on drums and a great solo from Daryl Steurmer (Genesis etc). Once again, The whole album is well worth getting.

Falco - Body Next To Body...{Simply because I so wanted to do Brigette Neilson back then :tits: }

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xH8Wqdb4U0

Anastacia - Cowboys And Kisses

Billy Ray Cyrus - You Won't Be Lonely Now....Great song !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsAHae69gU

Marcella Detroit - I Believe

Taylor Dane - I'll Be Your Shelter

Jennifer Love Hewitt - How Do I Deal

Dwight Yoakham - Things Change

Frida - I know theres Something Going On....fully agree with metalhead69....this kicks ass !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz5DkTF2RW8

Celine Dion - Think Twice

Mariah Carey - Hero

En Vogue - Don't Let Go

Mary J Blighe - One

and a fair bit of Madonna