H.E.A.T. - Freedom Rock (2010)

JC_AOR

What are the reasons for this disaster? "Musical differences" again? That's a real shame, as this band actually seemed to have potential to go places in the genre. Not saying they still can't with a new voice, but I sure as hell would have preferred to see them with Mr Leckremo.

On one hand it's also unfortunate as he was an instrumental songwriter, but if you look at the credits they all had a hand in the brilliance they delivered. I personally think the drummer wrote the best song on 'Freedom Rock' ('We're gonna make it to the end')!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the reasons for this disaster? "Musical differences" again? That's a real shame, as this band actually seemed to have potential to go places in the genre. Not saying they still can't with a new voice, but I sure as hell would have preferred to see them with Mr Leckremo.

On one hand it's also unfortunate as he was an instrumental songwriter, but if you look at the credits they all had a hand in the brilliance they delivered. I personally think the drummer wrote the best song on 'Freedom Rock' ('We're gonna make it to the end')!

It is not official, but I've heard from people 'in the know' Kenny was not happy with the musical direction of the band, he is intrested in making harder music like Trading Fate, which they were originally called. Can't confirm this though. As far as I understand Kenny has also suffered voice problems over the last few years and that might also have had something to do with it.

But yeah, a real disaster. I was really looking forward to see them perform the new material live in Stockholm july 27th, but how fun will that be now without Kenny on vocals? :(

It is not official, but I've heard from people 'in the know' Kenny was not happy with the musical direction of the band, he is intrested in making harder music like Trading Fate, which they were originally called. Can't confirm this though. As far as I understand Kenny has also suffered voice problems over the last few years and that might also have had something to do with it.

But yeah, a real disaster. I was really looking forward to see them perform the new material live in Stockholm july 27th, but how fun will that be now without Kenny on vocals? :(

Apart from the voice problems, i also read that he was leaving the band to pursue a new life in England (intelligent chap obviously!)......which means one thing : a bird!

They have a lot to answer for.

Erik Martensen from Eclipse previously filled in for Kenny at H.E.A.T's first Firefest gig & is hotly tipped to fill the vacant role!

Erik adds an extra "dimension" H.E.A.T seeks inho from a band member.

Kenny will undoubtedly be missed by some, myself included but lets look forward to who the new suinger H.E.A.T will be :beerbang:

Apart from the voice problems, i also read that he was leaving the band to pursue a new life in England (intelligent chap obviously!)......which means one thing : a bird!

A swedish guy, coming to england to meet a girl? I'm happy to volunteer for some form of exchange program so I can do the reverse.....

A swedish guy, coming to england to meet a girl? I'm happy to volunteer for some form of exchange program so I can do the reverse.....

:lol: Can I get a hell yeah?

If it is the Eclipse guy, does that mean Eclipse are done? Also, I always got the impression that he liked bollocks in his tunes too. If it is true that part of the reason Leckremo is leaving the band is to pursue heavier dreams, will the dude from Eclipse not have similar issues?

Either way, I just hope the band continues with the remaining 5 members at least.

If he does join, would be fantastic. Good song writer too after his efforts with WET.

He actually filled in for them at FF a year or two back and was very good indeed!

• 1 month later...

Some of the latest rumours points to Swedish Idol winner

as the new H.E.A.T. singer. In reality however, it seems that the band hasn't decided yet, at least according to their Twitter blog.

On a side note I attended Kenny's last gig with H.E.A.T. in Stockholm July 27th, you can read my review of the show here.

What a crazy track list for that show. I'd have been taken aback by that too. I guess Kenny liked the debut, then. :lol:

as the new H.E.A.T. singer. In reality however, it seems that the band hasn't decided yet, at least according to their Twitter blog.

here.

Wow, that would be awesome....he's a great singer!!

here.

Is his album any good?

here.

Is his album any good?

Dont know.....

• 4 months later...