FarCry in first NEW JERSEY appearance

Blue Charvel

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 13, 2010

Legendary hard rock bands FarCry and Harmzway unite in a rare and unique trenton performance at the katmandu

TRENTON, N.J. – FarCry are hot on the heels of their critically-acclaimed Kivel Records debut “High Gear,” and are poised to make their triumphant New Jersey debut Sunday, April 25, at the KatManDu nightclub. The band has played several high-profile shows around the US , sharing the bill with such rock icons as Bret Michaels, Firehouse, Skid Row, April Wine, Dokken, and Enuff Z’Nuff.

This event represents more than just an amazing rock show, but also the homecoming of Trenton native Mark Giovi, FarCry front man, and a vocalist with a prolific list of accomplishments to his name. Although he has performed around the world in a variety of capacities, Giovi still admits, "there is no place like home." Currently living in Las Vegas , Giovi is the featured singer in the nightly hit show “Bite,” and is also one of the founding members of the Las Vegas Tenors.

Joining Giovi is guitarist extraordinaire Pete Fry. Both musicians had coincidentally played together in the burgeoning Trenton hard rock scene of the 80s and 90s, and were miraculously reunited by producer John Kivel in the interest of forming a rock and roll super group, which became FarCry.

Fry and Giovi are ecstatic to finally be able to play in their hometown, since this is the band’s first area appearance. "This will be our first show in NJ, and it is exciting. I'm looking forward to do the new songs for family, friends, and fans I have not seen for a long time. I can't wait," said Giovi. Pete Fry echoes this sentiment and adds, "Not only is it great to play for the home crowd, it's almost a surreal experience to share the stage with Mark after so many years. Better still to share the bill with Harmzway is awesome... Like stepping back through time... To ROCK!"

Opening band Harmzway is also celebrating an exultant reunion after a 15-year hiatus, reigning as a hardworking regional band in the late 80s and early 90s. Members Carmen "Doug" Bitonti (Vocals/Bass), Damon Duchai (guitars), and Joe Suarez (drums) plan to hit the ground running and prove that time has not diminished their edge in the slightest.

KatManDu is located at Route 29 – 50 Riverview Executive Park – Mercer County Waterfront Park, Trenton , NJ 08611 (609) 393-7300. Doors at 7:30 p.m., tickets are $10.00 and all 21+ are welcome.

www.farcryband.net

www.myspace.com/farcrytherockband

www.facebook.com/farcryband

www.kivelrecords.com

www.harmzway.com

www.myspace.com/harmzwaynj

www.facebook.com/pages/Harmzway/116373148375708

www.meconcerts.com

Band.jpg

FarCry (left to right: Tommy John, Ronnie Parkes, Mark Giovi, Pete Fry, Angelo Mazza)

will there be any CHESHIRE songs on it?:git:

:lol: Hahahaha, that's the coolest question I think I've ever gotten about FarCry! Sadly no, although there will be one of Mark's old tunes from the band Avatar. "Optimism" will be released in June, coming along quite nicely right now so far. :banger:

It's not that bad at all, it's more of a college/dance bar that sometimes does bands right on the water. I mean there are gangs in Trenton for sure, but this place is not a gang hangout, maybe due in part to the dress code? ;)

BTW cdj, Just confirmed tonight that Marco and Alex of Goodbye Thrill will be opening up the night with an acoustic set... :banger:

Click on this website and then go to General Information.

www.katmandutrenton.com

I hope this don't mean the rock shows as well..

Oh wow, just read through that list. I'm just glad I live somewhere that we don't have to worry about gangs and crap when we go to a bar...yet.

Anyway, hope you guys rock the shit out of Katmandu Pete! :party421:

Sheeeeeit. Too bad it's on a Sunday nite (and that I'm at the complete opposite end of the state)... kick some ass, Pete!!

Sheeeeeit. Too bad it's on a Sunday nite (and that I'm at the complete opposite end of the state)... kick some ass, Pete!!

Whatever...isn't Joisey like 5 miles wide?

It's not that bad at all, it's more of a college/dance bar that sometimes does bands right on the water. I mean there are gangs in Trenton for sure, but this place is not a gang hangout, maybe due in part to the dress code? ;)

BTW cdj, Just confirmed tonight that Marco and Alex of Goodbye Thrill will be opening up the night with an acoustic set... :banger:

I'll be there Pete!! :tumbsup:

Dress code? What dress code? :blink:

I dunno...but apparently the band are appearing in a new jersey, I'd like a new jersey too....can I have a striped one with bobbles on the elbows?

Dress code? What dress code? :blink:

I dunno...but apparently the band are appearing in a new jersey, I'd like a new jersey too....can I have a striped one with bobbles on the elbows?

Well they and you aren't going to be allowed in Nick. The dress code does not allow jerseys, new or otherwise!

at lunch on Friday, I went to my sister's house, and was reading the local newspaper, Bucks County Couier Times, weekend section, and came across a article on Farcry. Pretty cool write up on the band and the gig Sunday night. I used to live about 10 minutes from Katmandu on the Penna. side before I moved to South Jersey a few years back. The club is in a safe area, and is pretty cool, I have been there many times in the past and never had any problems. Good food, lots of hot women, great party bar right on the river. Only, problem you are only across the highway from the worst parts of Trenton, just don't make no wrong turns. The area the club is at is next to the ballpark (trenton Thunder) and always well proctected with police. Let me know Pete if you want the story I can send it to you...

Sorry for taking so long for my review of the show.. Here I go!!

Driving up to the gig (Minus the Mrs), I was wondering If I should Pick up a bulletproof vest. I've heard stories from my sister-in-law about the wonderful city and none of it good..

Got to the club and as ZROCK mentioned, it's on the safe side of the city with only a highway separating the seedy part of town..

By the time I got to the club, I already missed out on GOODBYE THRILL'S acoustic set :doh:

Next up was another local band called HARMZWAY. With all the rock indie labels out there, you would think someone would pick 'em up..

I enjoyed their brand of hard rock and for only a 3 piece, they rocked the joint..I will have to investigate further.

While I was waiting for FARCRY to get up on stage, some old lady claiming that one of the members of FARCRY was her nephew and I needed to move, so she can see the band.

Mind you, she was sitting in back of the room and I was far from the stage :screwy:

FARCRY started the show with SAMMY HAGAR'S ONE WAY TO ROCK.

I would have rather have them do another FARCRY tune, but hey, why should I complain?

Followed by SHE'S CRAZY and FINE LINE. The band was tight and MARK (GIOVI) was spot on. I put MARK up there with the best (BON JOVI, WINGER,and POLEY).

New song NOTHING YOU CAN DO followed. I always said HIGH GEAR will be a hard album to follow up, but the band is on the right track..

The band followed by THE SAME MISTAKE, HAVE IT ALL and KICK ME DOWN. PETE began to have trouble with his wireless and went the old fashion way (Chord) without missing a beat. PETE'S a true showmen and doesn't sweat the small stuff (Most guitarist would have choked).

Next was a drum solo by TOMMY JOHN. I could have sworn that TOMMY was channeling MICHAEL SHRIEVE'S (SANTANA) drum solo from Woodstock, Simply Amazing!! :banger:

New song NOW IT'S OVER, HEAVEN, THOSE WERE THE DAYS were next.

TOO HOT TOO HOLD is a song they played next and by far, my favorite song on the next album. :headbanger:

FARCRY ended their set with LOVE WON'T WAIT and did not come back for an encore :crying:

Even though one asshole yelled for another set :whistle:

I still can't believe they played that many songs. It seems like they came and went like a blur..

By far, one of the best concerts I've been to and hope they return real soon..

I did not take any pics, because when your taking pictures, I don't seem to enjoy myself as much..

The show was recorded and I do hope they edit out me asking Pete for a pick :whistle: Which I found a couple of more on the floor as I was leaving.. I think I have enough to make a necklace :lol:

It was also cool talking to the guys in FARCRY, GOODBYE THRILLS and STEVE BELLO..

Sorry for taking so long for my review of the show.. Here I go!!

Driving up to the gig (Minus the Mrs), I was wondering If I should Pick up a bulletproof vest. I've heard stories from my sister-in-law about the wonderful city and none of it good..

Got to the club and as ZROCK mentioned, it's on the safe side of the city with only a highway separating the seedy part of town..

By the time I got to the club, I already missed out on GOODBYE THRILL'S acoustic set :doh:

Next up was another local band called HARMZWAY. With all the rock indie labels out there, you would think someone would pick 'em up..

I enjoyed their brand of hard rock and for only a 3 piece, they rocked the joint..I will have to investigate further.

While I was waiting for FARCRY to get up on stage, some old lady claiming that one of the members of FARCRY was her nephew and I needed to move, so she can see the band.

Mind you, she was sitting in back of the room and I was far from the stage :screwy:

FARCRY started the show with SAMMY HAGAR'S ONE WAY TO ROCK.

I would have rather have them do another FARCRY tune, but hey, why should I complain?

Followed by SHE'S CRAZY and FINE LINE. The band was tight and MARK (GIOVI) was spot on. I put MARK up there with the best (BON JOVI, WINGER,and POLEY).

New song NOTHING YOU CAN DO followed. I always said HIGH GEAR will be a hard album to follow up, but the band is on the right track..

The band followed by THE SAME MISTAKE, HAVE IT ALL and KICK ME DOWN. PETE began to have trouble with his wireless and went the old fashion way (Chord) without missing a beat. PETE'S a true showmen and doesn't sweat the small stuff (Most guitarist would have choked).

Next was a drum solo by TOMMY JOHN. I could have sworn that TOMMY was channeling MICHAEL SHRIEVE'S (SANTANA) drum solo from Woodstock, Simply Amazing!! :banger:

New song NOW IT'S OVER, HEAVEN, THOSE WERE THE DAYS were next.

TOO HOT TOO HOLD is a song they played next and by far, my favorite song on the next album. :headbanger:

FARCRY ended their set with LOVE WON'T WAIT and did not come back for an encore :crying:

Even though one asshole yelled for another set :whistle:

I still can't believe they played that many songs. It seems like they came and went like a blur..

By far, one of the best concerts I've been to and hope they return real soon..

I did not take any pics, because when your taking pictures, I don't seem to enjoy myself as much..

The show was recorded and I do hope they edit out me asking Pete for a pick :whistle: Which I found a couple of more on the floor as I was leaving.. I think I have enough to make a necklace :lol:

It was also cool talking to the guys in FARCRY, GOODBYE THRILLS and STEVE BELLO..

So they played a few songs off the new album? Awesome! Sounds like it was a great time. FarCry definitely puts on a great show. I certainly hope that video surfaces, I for one would love to see it.

I saw Far Cry at the melodicrock festival & they rocked!

I heard 2 new songs for thier next album & thier pretty cool.

Mark Giovi is one heck of a vocalist, amazing! :beerbang:

Hey thanks for the kind words brother, great to meet you out there btw, hell of a commute for ya! :banger: