Warrant - The Bitter Pill

66 mustang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV-Wgvw1jq8

first off I never knew there was a video for this song, much less 2 versions.

second off I always thought the song was about a relationship turning bad.

now that hindsight is 20-20 could this song have been a song from Janie to Janie. he seems to duet with himself and if you take into accont his life since the glory days this song could be a cry for help or at least a song letting everyone know what a tourtered soul he is. "when I right I'm also wrong" could be about a relationship with a woman or could be that what ever he does no matter how good the intentions he messes it up. we've seen it play out on tv. his two personalities singing are his two sides fighting to be the alpha male in the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nINoinmQYU

Brilliant song. I also had no clue about a video. I'd love to see a video for April 2031. For some reason I always pictured the movie Total Recall as a video for that one.

Easily one of my favorite Warrant tunes. That album was so underrated it should be criminal. Ultraphobic even grew on me after I initially hated it. I wish Janie could get his shit together and be that guy from back then again. So much talent wasted

Oh great song indeed! :banger: I was lucky enough to find the single with 3 different versions of the song on it.

Brilliant song. I also had no clue about a video. I'd love to see a video for April 2031. For some reason I always pictured the movie Total Recall as a video for that one.

Yep killer song. "April 2031" is also a great tune, though strange to think that 2031 is only 21 years away now. So much for "no more sky and no more trees" eh?

Yep killer song. "April 2031" is also a great tune, though strange to think that 2031 is only 21 years away now. So much for "no more sky and no more trees" eh?

well the trees bit might be right.........

well the trees bit might be right.........

Yeah, and living in England you don't get to see the sky anyway (presume it's somewhere hidden behind all those black clouds?) so if it disappears we wouldn't notice...

• 1 month later...

"Bitter Pill" is such a GREAT song...that whole album rules.

I for one hate to see Jani go down the path he's on. He's such a talent...writer, singer, showman...it's sad to see someone with such a wealth of ability just dislike themselves so much.

Guest MetalPete67

Easily one of my favorite Warrant tunes. That album was so underrated it should be criminal. Ultraphobic even grew on me after I initially hated it. I wish Janie could get his shit together and be that guy from back then again. So much talent wasted

Amen, brotha. I saw them on that tour in a small club, totally kicked azz. At the time I thought it was real cool when Jani was swiggin from a big tequila bottle that was being passed around.

Ok...I still think it was cool. But I wish he could put the pieces back together and get rockin again. Another album like that one would sure do a world of good.

The third gig I ever saw was Warrant at the Astoria in London, the day before Dog Eat Dog was released.

The show was awesome, and was received really well by the UK rock press, as even they were blown away with how heavy the band were (they even did a cover of Balls to the wall).

During Cherry Pie (I think it was) Jani staged dived into the crowd, and nearly didnt make it back to the stage.

Good memories.