any AUSSIES ever used CDWOW.com.au?

I just got these too:

Bad City - 'Welcome to the wasteland' - $10.95

Jetblack - 'Get your hands dirty' - $16.95

what's bad city?

was gonna pick up jett black, but went for Falling Red instead.

Have you heard Falling Red yet? I wasn't too impressed to be honest... but it was only a brief listen. Jetblack sounds far better, imo.

There's quite a few threads about Bad City here, I think. They're kind of Wig Wam meets something a little more modern. They're pretty good, and for $10.95 they become essential. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have distorted wonderland listed now ($18.95) for anyone who is after that one.

not the cheapest, but cheaper than importing,... and besides.... I had a $8 voucher i had to use in the next day-or-so!

i aslo gave that Bad City disc a try. for around $10 I thought i'd trust all your recommendations

they have distorted wonderland listed now ($18.95) for anyone who is after that one.

not the cheapest, but cheaper than importing,... and besides.... I had a $8 voucher i had to use in the next day-or-so!

i aslo gave that Bad City disc a try. for around $10 I thought i'd trust all your recommendations

You might actually like that Bad City!

Other Cheapies they have at the moment are Ratt, Don Dokken, Dead Reckoning by Threshold, ..

• 3 months later...

plenty of $1.50 vouchers to be had with the easter promotion.

can anyone suggest any good bargains?

just saw the whitesnake 2cd anthology for about $6.50 (with voucher).

any other suggestions, even common stuff that i can fill gaps in the collection with.

any other suggestions, even common stuff that i can fill gaps in the collection with.

there are a few cheap Whitesnake's.., i got alot of Saxon the other day.

Wheres this voucher??

ps... i only just noticed they dont sell dvds anymore ! :(

there are a few cheap Whitesnake's.., i got alot of Saxon the other day.

Wheres this voucher??

ps... i only just noticed they dont sell dvds anymore ! :(

vouchers... check the easter 'easter egg promo'. where ever you find a hidden egg you get a $1.50 voucher.

theres on on the front pages, and if you go to the main pages of the other products there's eggs there too. $1.50 each time you find one.

yeah, the dvd option has gone. wonder why...

let me know if you see any bargains.

A word of warning, I used to love this site but am not so sure now. The site doesn't tell you what label the CD is so recently I picked up Angra - Aqua and it was on an Argentinian label and today I got the best of Primal Fear, this time on a Thai label.

Buyer beware if you care what pressing you want. On the flipside sometimes you can sort of work it out. For example I got the Warlock Metal Mind reissues and saw the release date... sure enough that's what I got.

A word of warning, I used to love this site but am not so sure now. The site doesn't tell you what label the CD is so recently I picked up Angra - Aqua and it was on an Argentinian label and today I got the best of Primal Fear, this time on a Thai label.

Buyer beware if you care what pressing you want. On the flipside sometimes you can sort of work it out. For example I got the Warlock Metal Mind reissues and saw the release date... sure enough that's what I got.

Thanks for the headsup. Ive bought a heap on there now... but never had a problem..

Thanks for the headsup. Ive bought a heap on there now... but never had a problem..

Ok for the first time ive got Argentinian releases when i got the new Y&T and the 2nd Revolution Renaissance releases.

that's shit... cos you never know what you're gonna get, whethere you'er getting a south american release of a us release. how long until the russian releases appear on there?

whether you can tell by the label, as they always state what label the disc is on in the listing.

that's shit... cos you never know what you're gonna get, whethere you'er getting a south american release of a us release. how long until the russian releases appear on there?

whether you can tell by the label, as they always state what label the disc is on in the listing.

Agreed, it is shit. It's only safe if you know the CD is released on 1 label only eg. Wounded Bird, Metal Mind or some deluxe edition for example I got the deluxe editions of a couple of Agent Steel CDs and they were great. However, any label that licences to lots of other territiories eg. Nuclear Blast - WATCH OUT. Yet to see if a CD on a label like Frontiers is a problem to buy on CDWOW. For now I'll be switching to Amazon UK whilst the Aussie dollar is strong and the free shipping is still offered.

Also, have you noticed that CDWOW is no longer doing DVDs and BluRays.... something is definitely up.

Agreed, it is shit. It's only safe if you know the CD is released on 1 label only eg. Wounded Bird, Metal Mind or some deluxe edition for example I got the deluxe editions of a couple of Agent Steel CDs and they were great. However, any label that licences to lots of other territiories eg. Nuclear Blast - WATCH OUT. Yet to see if a CD on a label like Frontiers is a problem to buy on CDWOW. For now I'll be switching to Amazon UK whilst the Aussie dollar is strong and the free shipping is still offered.

Also, have you noticed that CDWOW is no longer doing DVDs and BluRays.... something is definitely up.

Y&T was a Frontiers release...

• 1 month later...

for anyone interested , the new journey album is availabe for presale about $13.

as is the debut Sister album 'Hated' , but this one is sitting at $17.

What's this Sister album all about? From the dudes who brought us 'Deadboys making noise?'

for anyone interested , the new journey album is availabe for presale about $13.

as is the debut Sister album 'Hated' , but this one is sitting at $17.

What's this Sister album all about? From the dudes who brought us 'Deadboys making noise?'

correctamondo dude

Sister 'Hated' now $14.95

good enough for me to place my order.

I just ordered it too. LOVED that last album.

Now, for your next trick you'll tell me where I can pick up a physical copy of their last CD for nice and cheap?

let me know what u think by the time you get that disc,

how punk is them ? (they're sleazy punk kind of band right ?)

I wouldn't call their last CD punk at all. Just heavy sleaze rock / metal. Hope this new one is similar. :)

Sister 'Hated' now $14.95

good enough for me to place my order.

I just ordered it too. LOVED that last album.

Now, for your next trick you'll tell me where I can pick up a physical copy of their last CD for nice and cheap?

good luck on this one!

as i understand it even the band don't have it any more, and a few people have told me it's really hard to get now. I got mine for free.... the band were giving them away for nothing when the released it via their mypace site, and even after that i was available for just a few bucks via their website. Just looked... it's sold out now.

and from an old blog on thier myspace

"And be sure to get your copy of the limited Deadboys Making noise EP! Printed in 1000ex, no more will be made. "

i think if you really want it, you'll just have to keep an eye out for it and grab it when you can.

i have 2-3 or their previous eps aswell from when they were mega-glam.

• 6 months later...

Haven't looked here for ages... Amazon.uk 100% cheaper - sale or no sale.

I want to stab the site everytime I look at it and the Syndicate CD (an Aussie band) is about $400. Dirty c*nts.

I had a look yesterday and haven't been there for ages since they started posting South American versions of CDs eg. Frontiers releases. I couldn't find any CDs I wanted but I did check some 360 and PS3 games and found CDWOW to be about $2 cheaper with the sale compared to Amazon UK. I bought one game but doubt I will be back again to CDWOW coz you simply don't know what you're going to get until it arrives.

• 3 months later...

cd wow is now WOW HD.

15% off everything today.

picked up a few

HEAT - Address the nation $11.86

Poison - 7 days live $5.90

Casablanca - Apocalyptic Youth $16.11

Blessed By A Broken Heart - Feel Teb Power $10.16

Murder Bay - Never Was An Angel $12.71

My first purchase from em in ages.

If anyone else sees good bargain let me know.

They do have the new crazy lixx, but cheaper elsewhere.