War Of The Worlds

cdjunky41

I don't know why, but I watched WAR OF THE WORLDS last night. What I don't understand is In the movie, A 747 plane crashes next to the house CRUISE and his kids are held up. Not to sound morbid, but I must ask this question. WHERE ARE ALL THE BODIES THAT DIED IN THE CRASH????

A PLANE CRASHES, PEOPLE DIE!!! :doh:

Did STEVEN SPIELBERG not want to offend any 9/11 survivors? :bs:

How can you have anytype of war or invasion and not have fatalities?

That minor detail pretty much ruined a movie that could have been great..

I AM LEGEND was the same way.. No skeletal remains that was once humanity. It's the reason why I liked OMEGA MAN better :tumbsup: . I mean, my boy Charlton Heston running through the park stepping on bodies was believable..

All I'm trying to say is, if your going to put that much effort in a movie, Don't leave out any details.

I don't know why, but I watched WAR OF THE WORLDS last night. What I don't understand is In the movie, A 747 plane crashes next to the house CRUISE and his kids are held up. Not to sound morbid, but I must ask this question. WHERE ARE ALL THE BODIES THAT DIED IN THE CRASH????

I AM LEGEND was the same way.. No skeletal remains that was once humanity. It's the reason why I liked OMEGA MAN better :tumbsup: . I mean, my boy Charlton Heston running through the park stepping on bodies was believable..

All I'm trying to say is, if your going to put that much effort in a movie, Don't leave out any details.

While I actually liked I AM LEGEND I thought that WAR OF WORLDS was crap.

While I actually liked I AM LEGEND I thought that WAR OF WORLDS was crap.

Backed. While I liked some parts and the premise of War Of The Worlds, the delivery I thought was crap. I liked the scene where Tom Cruise is running through the streets and everyone is zapped except him...Come on!!

Haha, not seen 'War of the worlds' yet but I plan to. Will watch out for this.

On a similar topic I am getting so sick of two things in horror/slasher films which just eat away at me:

1. For f*ck's sake, can someone please just please have the balls to create a chase scene through the woods, or through anywhere WITHOUT the victim tripping / falling over? For f*ck's sake, can these guys have an original thought please!

2. Knocking the killer down with a weapon and then running away instead of killing them then and there while they're unconcious. So every motherf*cking time the killer comes back and takes more lives and I just sit there thinking, good, die. It's your own fault, you maggots.

:lol: Yes, I love watching movies. Such a relaxing, calming experience. :)

On a similar topic I am getting so sick of two things in horror/slasher films which just eat away at me:

1. For f*ck's sake, can someone please just please have the balls to create a chase scene through the woods, or through anywhere WITHOUT the victim tripping / falling over? For f*ck's sake, can these guys have an original thought please!

2. Knocking the killer down with a weapon and then running away instead of killing them then and there while they're unconcious. So every motherf*cking time the killer comes back and takes more lives and I just sit there thinking, good, die. It's your own fault, you maggots.

Your forgetting the getting into the car and it doesn't start...

If you thought the Tom Cruise "War of the Worlds" was bad, check out the direct-to-video knockoff from The Asylum (makers of such classics as "Transmorphers: Fall Of Man" and "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus"), "H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds" with C. Thomas Howell. The entire movie probably cost less than the care and feeding of Tom Cruise's hair piece during the filming of the Spielberg version and was actually more faithful to the source material!!

Your forgetting the getting into the car and it doesn't start...

Ha ha ha ..! :) That happens in the movie "2012" as well !! :tumbsup:

My main point is Why would you have a plane crash without fatalities?

I think it's a big mistake...

I personally wouldn't add either movie to my collection..

I think that they were all "zapped' with the martian laser thingy. Kind of like all the people on the train that rushes by later.

And I think that the reason Tom doesnt get hit with the laser when he is running is because he is zig zagging. :whistle: You know like in the war movies when they tell the guys to zig zag to avoid bullets. :D LOL

I think it would be a nice twist to have the killer tripping and falling all over the place while he is trying to chase down the victim

I just watched the movie Touristas and that very thing happened. They stabbed a guy in the foot and the guy drops his rifle and starts screaming. Rather than grab the rifle and kill him, they run away and the killer picks up his rifle and kills one of them while they are running away. Duh!

I think it would be a nice twist to have the killer tripping and falling all over the place while he is trying to chase down the victim

I just watched the movie Touristas and that very thing happened. They stabbed a guy in the foot and the guy drops his rifle and starts screaming. Rather than grab the rifle and kill him, they run away and the killer picks up his rifle and kills one of them while they are running away. Duh!

:lol: I like your first idea a lot. :tumbsup:

Yep, I bought that Touristas film a couple of months ago and I think I remember that bit. It was same in this 'Timber Falls' movie. This couple finally escapes from their captors after a massive and painfully torturous ordeal, they smash one of the killers in the face with a shovel and knock her unconcious. Then they run away and she comes back and stabs the main guy through the chest with a skewer or something. Apparently he lives in the end, but for f*ck's sake...

If we're talking horror movie cliches, how about this one?

Whenever a victim is being chased by a motor vehicle (car, truck, etc.) down a road, they never think to just GET OFF THE ROAD! Run off to the side, or into the trees, or whatever... the victim always continues to run in a straight line, directly in front of the vehicle, till they're inevitably run over.

I watched some godawful Sci Fi Channel piece of shit awhile ago (I forget the name of it, but that dude Jeff Speakman was in it) about a haunted construction site and a character was killed this way by a steam roller. A F*CKING STEAM ROLLER! How fast do those things go, 2 MPH? I'm like "DUDE, JUST GET THE F*CK OUT OF ITS WAY! They can't turn on a f*cking dime, they're not sports cars!" :rofl:

Rubbish move...Tossycock from start to finish. Here's what I left over at Amazon back in 2006

"There must have been a lot of people squirming on their seats when this was previewed, what a lemon. It's a terrible take on a classic tale.

You just get the feeling considering the amount of money that was ploughed into the film that a real opportunity was missed. The original story set in the U.K. in the 19th century would have made for a brilliant film setting. Instead it gets Hollywoodised and homogenised and all the strength of the original story is leached away. Truly awful, it makes Independance Day look like Citizen Kane. "

Maybe I should have added a few FUCKs to the review.

Maybe I should have added a few FUCKs to the review.

Only then would I have truly understood how much you disliked it.

When I see remakes like this (I also noticed the absence of bodies) I usually watch them as parodies. Esp the movies on the syfy channel. have you ever noticed that in every syfy movie 2 of the main characters are divorced or broken up. It is in every one. I did like the effects in WOTW. It is hard to improve on a classic.

Omega Man is a classic.War Of The Worlds is typical Hollywank turn off your brain fodder as well as I Am Legend,i take these sort of films for what they are and turn off my brain and enjoy for what it is.I agree that when a plane falls from the sky you need to have carnage left right and center,bring on the gore.

:agree: ....The Omega man is a classic :tumbsup: