Danny Wilde - S/T (1989)

JC_AOR

I'm guessing not too many fans here but for me I've always had a soft spot for this album. Pretty hard not to like 'Cut From Stone'. Other favourite tracks of mine include 'The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of', 'Velvet Chains', 'Who's Gonna Hold You Now' and 'My Girl'.

For those who don't know, Danny Wilde is a founding member of the Rembrandts, the band responsible for the song 'I'll Be There For You' from the Friends TV show. Early on in his career, Danny was a founding member of the power pop band, The Quick.

Danny Wilde - S/T (1989)

c023211eo77.jpg

The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of

It's Just Like You

With All Your Might

Cut from Stone

Velvet Chains

Who's Gonna Hold You Now

My Girl

The Long Way Home

California Sunshine

Like a River

We Don't Have to Say Goodbye

Haha, this was on my trade list for years until I think I finally sold it on ebay for a dollar or two. Were you the purchaser, Justin? Either way, I can remember not minding it but I really just wasn't that into it.

The S/T is a good disc, but I always much prefered 'Any Mans Hunger' which I thought was much stronger in the songs department, 'Times Run Wild', 'Any Mans Hunger' and the excellent 'Wouldn't Be Then First Time' being three examples.

Top geezer, like his stuff over the Rembrandts .... his first album The Boyfriend is a superb album too, probably my fave of his and is overdue a proper CD release.

Haha, this was on my trade list for years until I think I finally sold it on ebay for a dollar or two. Were you the purchaser, Justin? Either way, I can remember not minding it but I really just wasn't that into it.

Nah wasn't me. I purchased my copy in a 2nd hand CD store about 10 yrs ago now. I'll have to give his other albums a proper listen, seems most people prefer them over the S/T disc.

• 10 months later...

I'm guessing not too many fans here but for me I've always had a soft spot for this album. Pretty hard not to like 'Cut From Stone'. Other favourite tracks of mine include 'The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of', 'Velvet Chains', 'Who's Gonna Hold You Now' and 'My Girl'.

For those who don't know, Danny Wilde is a founding member of the Rembrandts, the band responsible for the song 'I'll Be There For You' from the Friends TV show. Early on in his career, Danny was a founding member of the power pop band, The Quick.

Danny Wilde - S/T (1989)

c023211eo77.jpg

The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of

It's Just Like You

With All Your Might

Cut from Stone

Velvet Chains

Who's Gonna Hold You Now

My Girl

The Long Way Home

California Sunshine

Like a River

We Don't Have to Say Goodbye

Fantastic album Justin.. :tumbsup:

It was a great find for just a dollar..

• My Little Pony

Just saw on Rock Candy's page that they plan to put out "The Boyfriend" in the near future! Great news!

Excellent news!!

Isn't it Enough is an amazing track!

• 6 years later...