Second post

JamesEagle

Hello all

I didn't realise I had to post an introduction here, so I posted a message somewhere else first. Hence this is my second post, but hello anyway.

I'm in Kent, near London in England. My favourite music is (bizarrely) hard rock and death metal. I love thrash as well. I prefer the slightly heavier stuff covered on the HH site, but enjoy some softer bands occasionally.

Best albums for me are:

Danger Danger - Danger Danger

White Sister - White Sister

Cinderella - Long Cold Winter

White Lion - Pride

Lillian Axe - Love & War

Harlan Cage - Forbidden Colors (plus a few others)

I seem to have slightly odd tastes though, as I differ from the majority on albums like Danger Danger - Screw It, FM - Indiscreet and White Sister - Fashion By Passion, none of which I enjoyed at all, while most people on the site seem to rate them highly.

And I'm a big fan of Bolt Thrower!

Cheers

James

Salutes and hoots, James. I think this may be the first time I've seen Bolt Thrower and Cinderella referenced in the same post. :lol:

Just for the record, Danger Danger and Lillian Axe do nothin' for me either. Love me some White Lion PRIDE and that Cinderella disc tho.

Welcome aboard. :beerbang:

Welcome aboard James. I have some wide variety of musical likes as well but none go into the thrash or death metal genres. I just can't stand the vocals and that goes a looooong way for me. I prefer the Paul Laine years with Danger Danger as opposed to Ted Poley. I am usually in the minority of what is popular here. Welcome again...And don't be afraid of Geoff...

Welcome James!!

I seen BOLT THROWER on their WAR MASTER tour here in the states. I remember a security guard trying to stop me from stage diving. As I broke free, I dove into the crowd sitting up giving the guard the finger...

One of my favorite moments in concert... :beerbang:

Welcome James. Get nude and pull up a sofa by the open flame. Awesome bands mentioned there, though I love 'Screw it', 'Fashion by passion' (though clearly not as much as the amazing debut) and 'Indiscreet'. :)

Welcome James. Get nude and pull up a sofa by the open flame. Awesome bands mentioned there, though I love 'Screw it', 'Fashion by passion' (though clearly not as much as the amazing debut) and 'Indiscreet'. :)

I told you, Geoff ! Be careful with this lad ! ;)

:geoffadillos:

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all

I didn't realise I had to post an introduction here, so I posted a message somewhere else first. Hence this is my second post, but hello anyway.

I'm in Kent, near London in England. My favourite music is (bizarrely) hard rock and death metal. I love thrash as well. I prefer the slightly heavier stuff covered on the HH site, but enjoy some softer bands occasionally.

Best albums for me are:

White Lion - Pride

Lillian Axe - Love & War

I seem to have slightly odd tastes though, as I differ from the majority on albums like Danger Danger - Screw It, FM - Indiscreet and White Sister - Fashion By Passion, none of which I enjoyed at all, while most people on the site seem to rate them highly.

Cheers

James

D2 - s/t > Screw It

FM - Tough It Out > Indiscreet

WS - s/t > Fashion by Passion

so you are spot on my friend.

& welcome :tumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Had a spooky moment this week. I was at Kings Cross tube station and there was an announcement, "Could James Eagle meet his wife on to the Victoria Line southbound platform". I had a brief double take, it was quite odd. I happened to be going to that platform, luckily my wife wasn't there. (Luckily because she was due to be picking up the kids from school at around that time.)

Wasn't sure where to post this utterly useless piece of information, so dug this thread out and was amazed to see that I've been on here for nearly three years. Amazing how time flies ... when you're an old git. :tumbsup:

Hello all

Best albums for me are:

White Lion - Pride

Lillian Axe - Love & War

Cheers

James

D2 - s/t > Screw It

At least we agreed right at the start lol!!

Yeah has it really been nearly 3 years - wow.

D2 - s/t > Screw It

At least we agreed right at the start lol!!

Yeah has it really been nearly 3 years - wow.

1 day of agreement followed by 3 years of bickering. ;)

This must be a good place to be, 'cause the time has flown.