I hereby declare that BON JOVI - THE CIRCLE is.....

glam_junkie

No comment !

When you listen to the album first, then maybe afterwards mate ;)

Don't have to pal.....Can't stand them/him !!

But why did you buy it ?.......Completeism or sympathy ????? :whistle:

Because I judge an album on the music & not necessarily the artist. You should try it one day. :whistle:

No comment !

Because I judge an album on the music & not necessarily the artist. You should try it one day. :whistle:

So the King of "pot call the kettle" should try that reasoning on footie teams for instance....... :whistle:

No comment !

So the King of "pot call the kettle" should try that reasoning on footie teams for instance....... :whistle:

CD selling well first week of release 163,000 and number 1 on the US Chart as of November 16... Compared to Lost Highway which sold 292,000 in the first week of that release in 2007.....

But is it being bought more in hope than expectaton ?

Mate! Instead of slagging it off when you haven't even heard it and asking so many questions, why not just either take a punt on it and buy the damned thing (you can get one for fiver) or even download it to try it first, then you can have a genuine opinion about it, either good or bad, which may be more useful to everyone. You may be surprised.

took awhile for it to grow on me tbh but i agree, best album since These Days, fave tracks are: Work For The Working Man, Bullet, Thorn In My Side, Broken Promiseland and Love's The Only Rule....When We Were Beautiful is good too :)

Hey Lindsay, just out of curiosirty do you know how this album's doing in Australia?

I haven't seen or heard anything about it. Did 'Lost highway' get any songs on radio? It seems to me that Bon Jovi's Aussie flame is quietly dimming. :(

I think the last Bon Jovi song I heard on radio was 'Have a nice day'. If I recall correctly there may have been some TV adds for 'Lost Highway' but I can't remember a single?

Triple M here are playing the new song abit and have been doing promos prior to the cd's release.

No comment !

:rofl2:

No comment !

CD selling well first week of release 163,000 and number 1 on the US Chart as of November 16... Compared to Lost Highway which sold 292,000 in the first week of that release in 2007.....

I don't think you can compare cd sales anymore. With the increase in buying downloads, the number of cds solid is rapidly in decline.

From what I read, even though it only sold 163k discs, it still opened at number 1 in the US (and number 4 here in Autsralia).

Hey Lindsay, just out of curiosirty do you know how this album's doing in Australia?

I haven't seen or heard anything about it. Did 'Lost highway' get any songs on radio? It seems to me that Bon Jovi's Aussie flame is quietly dimming. :(

I think the last Bon Jovi song I heard on radio was 'Have a nice day'. If I recall correctly there may have been some TV adds for 'Lost Highway' but I can't remember a single?

Doing as well as any rock albums in Australia I guess. Honestly, I don't really keep much notice of how albums go in terms of sales ect. Promotion is the same... you barely see promo for albums these days apart from your compilation stuff like So Fresh, Vdieo Hits, Ministry of Sound ect. I think I've seen only 1 ad promoting the new album. In reality it's the touring that makes them the money so moving massive amounts of cds is probably not their main priority.

Pretty sure there were no singles released in Oz for the last album, and I wouldn't expect to see any from this album either. I think singles are a thing of the past.

Ive seen a heap of ads on Tv for the new album... and i hardly watch tv. Surely Poobear Geoff has seen these whilst watching his emo celebrity reality tv shows..

I've seen the promo ad's a fair bit lately

Wow, how am I missing these? My wife's been at me lately about how much TV I watch at the moment, but I haven't seen a snippet at all. :( Good to hear, though. Also good to see those pretty impressive sales in Australia.

Mate! Instead of slagging it off when you haven't even heard it and asking so many questions, why not just either take a punt on it and buy the damned thing (you can get one for fiver) or even download it to try it first, then you can have a genuine opinion about it, either good or bad, which may be more useful to everyone. You may be surprised.

Now then,why should I take a "punt" and waste my time and money on a "band" (and I use that term loosely) that I CANNOT stand ??

You yourself do not hold back on any thread that takes the piss out of them,but then goes and buy the cd,mainly in the name of "completeism",just to listen once and then banish to your collection.....(More money than sense per chance ? )

When it comes to Luton Town F.C. you call them "fuckin' shit,arseholes,cheating bastards etc" without ever watching them,yet because I'm anti-Bon Jovi,you say don't slag them off and take a punt on their cd.Would you do the same with Luton ?....I don't think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm off to watch Palace whilst whistling "Living On A Prayer" :nyanya:

Mmmm, better then HAND??? Ive read a few times....and in this thread. Nowhere near in IMO. Its OK in a nice safe , fluffy, wont offend anyone kind of way....but at the end of the day its pretty boring innit.

One or 2 good songs, i'll admit. Bullet had some promise, as did the modern sounding 'Thorn...', but the first few tracks sounded way too familiar to be of interest, way too many woahs all over the place....Bj's voice is just getting annoying now. Maybe it will grow, maybe it wont.....to be honest there's so much other better music around that im not even sure if i'll have time or inclination to listen to it again. I certainly didnt feel that way about HAND - that lived in my car for weeks.

Put it this way - I had to put Winger on for the last part of my journey just to wash away all the averageness.

Cheers

Now then,why should I take a "punt" and waste my time and money on a "band" (and I use that term loosely) that I CANNOT stand ??

You yourself do not hold back on any thread that takes the piss out of them,but then goes and buy the cd,mainly in the name of "completeism",just to listen once and then banish to your collection.....(More money than sense per chance ? )

When it comes to Luton Town F.C. you call them "fuckin' shit,arseholes,cheating bastards etc" without ever watching them,yet because I'm anti-Bon Jovi,you say don't slag them off and take a punt on their cd.Would you do the same with Luton ?....I don't think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hug_Time.jpg

OOh Get you!!

Nice to have a CD collection to banish them to though isn't it. 'More money than sense'? It's called having a job, not having kids and earning extra money in a band at weekends mate. Now off back to your cd-r's :whistle:

When was the last time you went to the shit hole known as Kenilworth, never mind going to the Palace? I'll give you a hint if you like ;)

Well said Ian, you tell him! :bananamac:

Hug_Time.jpg

OMFG! I want to eat that little cute piece of heaven!

But seriously, Jez is right. Dislike Bon Jovi for whatever pointless reasons you have but there is 0 point in slagging off a release you've not heard and basing your comments on wild assumptions. It is not the best CD ever made, but it is a good CD and well worth a spin.

But seriously, Jez is right. Dislike Bon Jovi for whatever pointless reasons you have but there is 0 point in slagging off a release you've not heard and basing your comments on wild assumptions. It is not the best CD ever made, but it is a good CD and well worth a spin.

It's kinda hard to truly dislike the new disc IMO. The last one was frankly very poor, but this one is pretty decent modern-'ish rock that you can play in the background & will cause no offence to anyone whatsoever. But it's just so forgettable & insignificant compared some of the albums released this year. I compared it to the Daughtry album, which is a little patchy but generally strong, & there are songs on Daughtry that would be stuck in my head for months & that I would come back to on tons of occasions, but on here? Nothing that I wouldn't have forgotten after 5 mins of taking the disc out. I hope this band don't spend the rest of their days peddling middle-of-the-road ten-a-penny Modern Rock as they're much more talented than that. I also hope they don't follow EUROPE's path, of making whatever music they think is going to make them money. I know we're all getting older, but I just wish they'd step out of their comfort zone for a bit & invest some real time in writing great songs again....

Hug_Time.jpg

0 point in slagging off a release,and wild assumptions ?? :crazy: Geoff ! Dearie me,not exactly blameless in that department are you ?? :whistle:

Hug_Time.jpg

0 point in slagging off a release,and wild assumptions ?? :crazy: Geoff ! Dearie me,not exactly blameless in that department are you ?? :whistle:

Never once. I've formed opinions on bands as a whole, based on a plenty of ear-time with the band in question, but never once a single release have I singled out without proper exposure to it.