Crazy Lixx - new album in 2010!

Glen

Super album. 3-4 tracks absolutely blow me away, with the rest all top quality also.

Only had 2-3 listens, and at this stage still think the debut is slightly ahead.

Yo man wtf? Did your copy already arrive, or did you just get a sneaky MP3 preview? This has been hell waiting for this, Ratt and Treat, but still holding strong. :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super album. 3-4 tracks absolutely blow me away, with the rest all top quality also.

Only had 2-3 listens, and at this stage still think the debut is slightly ahead.

Yo man wtf? Did your copy already arrive, or did you just get a sneaky MP3 preview? This has been hell waiting for this, Ratt and Treat, but still holding strong. :)

a MP3 preview....

Yes, waiting for pre-orders sucks! Last time i do this.

I like the idea that some bands do... pre-order the cd, but have a download avaiable earlier.

yeah ive heard the Ratt but cant wait to get the album....massive disc for me....one of the best so far this year. In fact they are probably 1,2,3....just dont know what order.

yeah ive heard the Ratt but cant wait to get the album....massive disc for me....one of the best so far this year. In fact they are probably 1,2,3....just dont know what order.

Based on the little I have heard of each CD I have the top 3 spots reserved for those 3 as well... I'm guessing the order to be Treat, Crazy Lixx and Ratt. But we'll wait and see. :)

Based on the little I have heard of each CD I have the top 3 spots reserved for those 3 as well... I'm guessing the order to be Treat, Crazy Lixx and Ratt. But we'll wait and see. :)

yep, that's pretty much it. Taking Dawn a very close 4th

not much between 1 & 2 truth be told.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shitballs. Thanks to my c*ntmaggot of a car CD player I only got through 5 and 1/4 songs in my car before work, but wowser. This is incredible so far. '21 'Til I Die' pretty much blew my head off, 'Blame it on love' was amazing too and 'Road to Babylon' and 'My medicine' weren't far off. The opener was a good start too. The beginning of 'Children of the cross' sounds like it may be the bust tune yet, though. Can't wait to hear the rest of it. The production on this thing is absolutely amazing too.

Holy shitballs. Thanks to my c*ntmaggot of a car CD player I only got through 5 and 1/4 songs in my car before work, but wowser. This is incredible so far. '21 'Til I Die' pretty much blew my head off, 'Blame it on love' was amazing too and 'Road to Babylon' and 'My medicine' weren't far off. The opener was a good start too. The beginning of 'Children of the cross' sounds like it may be the bust tune yet, though. Can't wait to hear the rest of it. The production on this thing is absolutely amazing too.

ha, ha, still got the ballad yet mate.....you will cream everything when you hear that. I love it.

ha, ha, still got the ballad yet mate.....you will cream everything when you hear that. I love it.

Backed just an amazing disc IMO.

I find the ballad sounds like a 90's Aerosmith styled ballad. I prefer the one on the new Treat to this one. The first 4 tracks are where it's at with the new Crazy Lixx, the last 7 or so are all good but the start of this one is better than the first 4 tracks on the new Treat or the Reckless Love. I also love the 5th track Road To Babylon, but I'd pick Roar from Treat or Beautiful Bomb from Reckless Love anyday over it.

I find the ballad sounds like a 90's Aerosmith styled ballad. I prefer the one on the new Treat to this one. The first 4 tracks are where it's at with the new Crazy Lixx, the last 7 or so are all good but the start of this one is better than the first 4 tracks on the new Treat or the Reckless Love. I also love the 5th track Road To Babylon, but I'd pick Roar from Treat or Beautiful Bomb from Reckless Love anyday over it.

yuk that ballad on Treat is too sickly. Really like the Crazy Lixx ballad tho.

The second half of Crazy Lixx is weaker, but man does it grow with every listen. Lock Up Your Daughter is a killer hard rocker. The ballad is mighty fine. Voodoo Woman is a real grower. & bugger me if Witching Hour doesnt half kick some arse.

Great album.

Yeah, I don't get a sense of a weak second half AT ALL. I actually honestly really dig every single song on the CD, but I think the weakest two songs on the CD are the opener, and then the closer (and obviously that waste of space swamp juice solo thing). Both are great songs with great choruses, but if I had to pick they'd be my least fave. I will say this, though. I think I'll prefer the Treat album overall, but without an ounce of doubt I believe the weakest songs on the Crazy Lixx album are FAR better than all four of the weakest songs on the Treat CD ('Roar', 'Heaven can wait', 'I'm not running' and 'Breathless').

Anyway, yeah that ballad is amazing. I love how they have gone for every single cliche awesome thing that made 80's ballads work, and done it perfectly. What a great tune. I agree with Glen too, 'Lock Up Your Daughter' is a monster hard rocker... and so is 'Witching hour'. I also really like 'She's Mine'. It's about the only tune that actually resembles their ridiculous glammy band name. :lol: The rest is pure blissful hard rock.

Yeah, I don't get a sense of a weak second half AT ALL. I actually honestly really dig every single song on the CD, but I think the weakest two songs on the CD are the opener, and then the closer (and obviously that waste of space swamp juice solo thing). Both are great songs with great choruses, but if I had to pick they'd be my least fave. I will say this, though. I think I'll prefer the Treat album overall, but without an ounce of doubt I believe the weakest songs on the Crazy Lixx album are FAR better than all four of the weakest songs on the Treat CD ('Roar', 'Heaven can wait', 'I'm not running' and 'Breathless').

Wow you think that "Breathless" and "Heaven Can Wait" are weak? Those two are probably in my top 5 or 6 songs on the Treat disc. Anyway I like the Crazy Lixx disc more but the Treat is growing with each listen but the Crazy Lixx is just more me and for the record there is no weak part of the CL disc IMO and I love every damn song on there.

Okay, it's official. This is in a tight contest with Treat for the top spot of the year so far. Totally loving this thing. It just doesn't get better than '21 'Til I Die', 'Blame It on Love', 'Children of the Cross', 'Lock Up Your Daughter', and 'What of Our Love'. And I love the rest too. Superb album!

Okay, it's official. This is in a tight contest with Treat for the top spot of the year so far. Totally loving this thing. It just doesn't get better than '21 'Til I Die', 'Blame It on Love', 'Children of the Cross', 'Lock Up Your Daughter', and 'What of Our Love'. And I love the rest too. Superb album!

I did tell you it was mighty tight ;-)

I think this year i'll be doing a 'Jez' and not posting any 'best of' lists until the end of the year. Im already finding it very difficult to separate some of these releases so far and its only April!

To hell with top 10s or whats better, im just gonna enjoy some freakin great albums in 2010!

jap pressing with bonus track out soon

do you know when??

Whilst on the subject of Jap pressings....have you heard the Jap bonus tracks on the debut?

Bad In A Good Way

No Guts, No Glory

??

I love to know what these tracks are like?

Cheers

The second half of Crazy Lixx is weaker, but man does it grow with every listen. Lock Up Your Daughter is a killer hard rocker. The ballad is mighty fine. Voodoo Woman is a real grower. & bugger me if Witching Hour doesnt half kick some arse.

Great album.

I can't understand whay ballads are so special. Maybe they were good to have in my youth when I was hunting women in the night Clubs. Nowadays I think they only take up valuable space in the albums. :P

By the way, Dreamin again - Rough Cutt and Noby's fool - Cinderella are fantastic songs.

Great album.

I can't understand whay ballads are so special.

I don't think they are. Someone (Yeah Jeff, I'm talking about you ;)) mentioned the other day that I especially seeked out ballads and they were a focal point for me on albums, but there's no truth to that. Yeah, I like ballads, but I like hard rockers, and mid-paced tunes... and anything inbetween. I just like good songs, simple as that. I don't like a ballad because it's a ballad; I like a ballad because/if it's a good song.

The only reason ballads generally get a special mention outside the rest of the songs on a CD is because they're usually out on their own, as only one or two songs from a selection of 10-12 other harder tracks.

A lot of people seem to wonder why people like ballads, but I'm far more curious as to why people hate ballads, just because they're ballads. Isn't a good song just a good song? Racist bastards. ;)

I can't understand whay ballads are so special.

I don't think they are. Someone (Yeah Jeff, I'm talking about you ;)) mentioned the other day that I especially seeked out ballads and they were a focal point for me on albums, but there's no truth to that. Yeah, I like ballads, but I like hard rockers, and mid-paced tunes... and anything inbetween. I just like good songs, simple as that. I don't like a ballad because it's a ballad; I like a ballad because/if it's a good song.

The only reason ballads generally get a special mention outside the rest of the songs on a CD is because they're usually out on their own, as only one or two songs from a selection of 10-12 other harder tracks.

A lot of people seem to wonder why people like ballads, but I'm far more curious as to why people hate ballads, just because they're ballads. Isn't a good song just a good song? Racist bastards. ;)

:rofl:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard the Japanese bonus track 'Lights Out'??

killer track.

No. Give it to me please.