Earthshaker vs High N Dry

Y&T - Earthshaker vs Def Leppard - High N Dry  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

High N Dry is a good album but Earthshaker kicks some major ass and the production on this album is just right in your face. :headbanger:

:agree: but Earthshaker still wins by a fair way IMO

I need to hear 'Earthshaker' again to decide. I'll be the lone horse here, but neither of these albums really do anything much for me. 'High n' dry' is a good disc, but one of my least favourite Def Leppard discs, and same goes for 'Earthshaker'. Solid hard rock disc, but not exactly amazing, imo. I'm leaning towards 'High N' Dry' but another listen is required.

Oh boy, to choose here!. Both excellent with brilliant songs, but if I had to choose then 'Earthshaker', basically 'cos it kicks major ass and is still one, if not the best of Y&T's best releases. Nothing should be taken away from 'High 'n' Dry' though, as it is rock solid all the way thorough and after 'Pyro', my fave Lepp disc.

I'll be the lone horse here, but neither of these albums really do anything much for me. 'High n' dry' is a good disc, but one of my least favourite Def Leppard discs, and same goes for 'Earthshaker'. Solid hard rock disc, but not exactly amazing, imo. I'm leaning towards 'High N' Dry'...

You're not the lone horse, buddy, there are two of us (still, no mating will be taking place). Neither album is anything special, and neither resides in my collection, but between the two, I would pick "High N' Dry" over "Earthshaker." But really, why bother, when there are about ten thousand better albums out there to listen to.

I'll be the lone horse here, but neither of these albums really do anything much for me. 'High n' dry' is a good disc, but one of my least favourite Def Leppard discs, and same goes for 'Earthshaker'. Solid hard rock disc, but not exactly amazing, imo. I'm leaning towards 'High N' Dry'...

You're not the lone horse, buddy, there are two of us (still, no mating will be taking place). Neither album is anything special, and neither resides in my collection, but between the two, I would pick "High N' Dry" over "Earthshaker." But really, why bother, when there are about ten thousand better albums out there to listen to.

...and just when I thought I had you figured out, you throw me a curve.

...and just when I thought I had you figured out, you throw me a curve.

To know me is to love me, and I refuse to be loved, hence the curves.

• 2 weeks later...

High&Dry gets my vote easily; Earthshaker is a great album, High&Dry is godly, the top album of 1981.

imo High&Dry>Warning's 1st album>Fire Down Under>Earthshaker(all of them from 81, all of them great hard rock albums)