Your ONE Favorite Song

This thread may already exist so if it does I apologize. I know this is an impossible choice, but if you had to choose the 1 song you had to listen to until the end of time....what would it be? And I don't want to see a list of "favorite songs", I'm saying if you HAD to choose just ONE song to listen to for eternity, what would it be? And I'm not talking church music like Amazing Grace.

And your choice may change over time, but right now, what would it be?

I'm choosing...Skid Row - In A Darkened Room. That song always knocked me off my feet. Plus, It brings back memories from back in the day that have stuck with me.

Skid Row - In A Darkened Room. That song always knocked me off my feet. Plus, It brings back memories from back in the day that have stuck with me.

Nice, nice choice. Stunning song.

I think I would have to say, to the disgust of many here, that my favourite song of all would have to be 'Porcelain' - Cauterize. Never fails to litter my spine with chills from the beautiful opening piano to the heartfelt lyrics and killer hook. Just a flawless song to me.

This thread may already exist so if it does I apologize. I know this is an impossible choice, but if you had to choose the 1 song you had to listen to until the end of time....what would it be? And I don't want to see a list of "favorite songs", I'm saying if you HAD to choose just ONE song to listen to for eternity, what would it be? And I'm not talking church music like Amazing Grace.

And your choice may change over time, but right now, what would it be?

I'm choosing...Skid Row - In A Darkened Room. That song always knocked me off my feet. Plus, It brings back memories from back in the day that have stuck with me.

Good choice...I played that song to death years ago. Funny thing about that song was that I always thought my vinyl 12" single sounded better than the CD version.

Ok so for my choice I had to go with my beloved Whitesnake and their 1989 hit 'The Deeper The Love'.

Am I Allowed to split it by genre??

AOR : Journey - Dont Stop Believin

Hard Rock : Bon Jovi - Runaway

Metal : Iron Maiden - Hallowed By Thy Name

Prog : Marillion - Chelsea Monday

Cheers

Jane - Jefferson Starship

This song has everything that I want to listen to - brilliantly written and arranged, a huge vocal performance from Mickey Thomas, a great solo from Craig Chaquico and a cooking band backing it all up. A great song is a great song and this is a total classic. I remember buying the album 'Freedom At Point Zero' back in '79 and playing it constantly for weeks. Still my all time top tune and one of my top albums even to this day. :headbanger:

Cheers

Excellent selections Glen :tumbsup:

Cheers

Excellent selections Glen :tumbsup:

Cheers...and just to complete the sweep -

Power Metal : Allen/Lande - My Own Way

Modern : Alter Bridge - Blackbird

Jane - Jefferson Starship

This song has everything that I want to listen to - brilliantly written and arranged, a huge vocal performance from Mickey Thomas, a great solo from Craig Chaquico and a cooking band backing it all up. A great song is a great song and this is a total classic. I remember buying the album 'Freedom At Point Zero' back in '79 and playing it constantly for weeks. Still my all time top tune and one of my top albums even to this day. :headbanger:

Used to always hear this on the jukebox in the local arcade when I was a kid, all the bikers used to congregate in there!

Classic, great album too, another one recommended by your good self matey! :bananamac:

• 2 weeks later...

Something about 'Scared' by Dangerous Toys....I can never hear enough of that tune.

Though I gotta say, Charolette Wessels of Delain, her voice is something I cannot explain how when I hear it...it is just amazing, that is all I can say now to keep this reply short. So, for the rest of my life, maybe something from Delain because I can get the soft, the heavy, the electric, the bass, the keys, melody, harmony, meaningful and brilliant lyrics, Charolette's voice and the occasional male vocals as well. As for a particular song, maybe Virtue and Vice.

SIGNAL - Arms of a Stranger

great song.........great album

I'll second that. :bowdown:

Live in Lincoln:

Love the bikini chick with the kid wandering through....I know, I have no shame, so shoot me.

The performance is pretty good too.

That song made it on my first ever 'best of' 17 track compilation, plucked from my entire collection... and it'd still be there today.

That song made it on my first ever 'best of' 17 track compilation, plucked from my entire collection... and it'd still be there today.

My favorite Signal song has always been Run Into The Night, I have no idea why they stuck it at the very end of the CD! But then again, every song on that CD is killer.