R.I.P. Marcel Jacob

whiplash1972

Tommy Denander just broke the news on the Noticeboard at MR.com:

http://forums.melodicrock.com/phorum33/rea...22&t=357022

and it is addressed here on JSS' site:

http://jeffscottsoto.com/news/marcel/marcel.html

Seems he took his own life... very sad. Hopefully he has found peace.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/find...ut=Marcel+Jacob

OMG. Was just thinking about when the next Talisman disc would be out - very sad news. R.I.P....

Wow - very unexpected. Marcel was a great bass player and will certianly be missed.

R.I.P Marcel.

Holy shit. I cannot believe that. This dude was a regular poster on the Melodicrock.com noticeboard too. Unbelievable. R.I.P. I will have to crank Talisman's debut in memory.

I saw this on Blabbermouth earlier today and it's hard to believe.

I wasn't aware of what problems he was having so this is quite a shock, especially considering him taking his own life.

He was a hell of a bass player and songwriter and his co-write of Europe's "Scream of Anger" alone puts him up there in my book as a songwriter. RIP Marcel.

my all time favorite bass player is no more. he was the guy who made me grab the bass in my teens.also the man who made me quit it. now i can forgive you for all the "genesis" thingie. you were the Johan Cruyff of bass with your "totalitarian" playing. and thus i'll always remember you like this. bon voyage, octopus! take care of yourself, octopus!

don't let it end(allegory or the bitter truth?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdDfd4aKFrs

you are a viking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Vs3IfH37Y...feature=related

krank!krank!krank!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Did you hear the fabled "roadmap to reopening the borders" has now been halted/delayed due the new (horrified screaming) variants? It's so predictable and the media machine are backing the states the whole way. More people at home, more people watching TV, more people buying shit from billionaires, more money for advertising, more wages for journalists , more votes for the government, more laws to control the populace. Win win win for elites.
    • This is currently the best independent media commentator on the internet. He comes from the Left, but old-school classical liberal and not the new devisive identity politics. Here he is discussing the shit going down in Australia.  
    • Gotta love the irresponsible national / global media."The new normal" for these idiots is the endless,fear mongering ritual abuse of the populace where any news on the "virus".."variants"..etc brings another flogging with the covid stick.Anyone who dares to question the over-reaching actions by government,"the science" or the asinine-repetitive-exploitive newsroom press propaganda are labeled a "conspiracy theorist"..or misinformation spreader...we've seen it all before -  try it on someone else.
    • Erik sounds good but song does little for me.  Really don't like the chorus...if you can even call that a chorus.
    • Got my refund today, fucking stupid, I was looking forward to this, oh well Loudness in March, havent seen them since 82, I was 5, my very first concert, super stoked for that.
    • Thats not even close to what I said.
    • I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you made statements concerning Atheism, that were incorrect, I figure if your going to talk about something you might as well be accurate in what your talking about, so thats all im trying to convince you of, never did I once talk down to you, or tell you that what you thought was stupid, I simply told you what Atheism is really, I gave MY opinion on it, then I basically said believe whatever you want, I wasnt being a dick, nor am I upset or anything, being an Atheist im pretty use to it, that's all, theres no reason to get huffy about it either, nobody can prove anything, it's all personal taste, nothing more.
    • And there you go again. "I am right and you are wrong" and "I don't have a belief cause I believe in nothing" and "insert_insult about your belief" and "why do you get insulted when I insult you". It's tiresome.  This thread is just like atheism: It is just words about nothing shouted into an empty room that no-one hears.
    • Can I convince a turtle that how they see the world is not right, and could you convince a lion that their worldview is incorrect? No. So why make this about the differences and rather we should focus on ROCK N ROLL!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.