Drink you couldn't finish?

Jacob M.

Yesterday I mistakenly bought two six packs of beer I should have known to avoid. One sip of the pale ale and I instantly knew. Try as I might I could not finish the beer. It was just too nasty. I have a few questions. Does all pale ale taste terrible? What are some notable pale ale beers? If all pale ales are that bad I will avoid them all like the plague from now on. The other question is about not being able to finish a drink. Anyone else find a drink they could not finish? I think that might be the first bottle of beer I could not finish. I felt like I would throw up if I kept going.

Yesterday I mistakenly bought two six packs of beer I should have known to avoid. One sip of the pale ale and I instantly knew. Try as I might I could not finish the beer. It was just too nasty. I have a few questions. Does all pale ale taste terrible? What are some notable pale ale beers? If all pale ales are that bad I will avoid them all like the plague from now on. The other question is about not being able to finish a drink. Anyone else find a drink they could not finish? I think that might be the first bottle of beer I could not finish. I felt like I would throw up if I kept going.

I'm not a big fan of Pale Ale either but for some reason I love IPA's(Indian Pale Ale).

The only beer I couldn't finish was that Wild Blueberry Beer that I think is made by Anheiser and it's horrible.

I'm not a big fan of Pale Ale either but for some reason I love IPA's(Indian Pale Ale).

The only beer I couldn't finish was that Wild Blueberry Beer that I think is made by Anheiser and it's horrible.

Wonder if Pete likes that one.... :whistle:

What Pale Ale did you try, Jake? I happen to love most pale ales (Saranac is my favorite... Flying Dog makes a good one too...) ... but I understand how they may not be to everyone's taste, they do have a bit of a "bite" to them.

As for the question of drinks I couldn't finish, well... back in the 80s and 90s I was pretty big into beer can collecting, so I drank a LOT of weird swill for the sake of adding to that collection. If memory serves, the only two that I could not finish were a couple of ghetto malt liquors -- St. Ides (absolutely godawful stuff!) and something called "Coqui 900." At the time I bought the Coqui 900, I was in college and had walked down the hill from campus to this little grocery/beer store for some provisions. It was a hot day and I figured I could use some alcoholic refreshment for the walk back up. I had never seen "Coqui 900" before and obviously wanted the can for my collection, so I bought it, popped the top, and started walking back up to campus. After only a few swigs I poured the rest out in the gutter. It was totally undrinkable. And coming from somebody who drank more than his share of ghetto brew in those days, that is REALLY saying something!! (I still have the can, though. Haha.)

Yeah, I love my Pale Ales too. Barons Pale Ale is one of my favourite drinks of all time. I don't think I will ever encounter a beer I couldn't finish. I recently tried Guinness and Kilkenny for the first time in my life and although I wasn't wild about them I had no troubles finishing them and to be honest, I kind of have a small craving for some more. Not sure how that works as I really wouldn't say I liked them. Though they were beer...

Coopers pale ale ain't too bad. Don't think I've ever had trouble finishing a drink. Although, maybe baileys or one of those cream drinks - yuck!

Wild Blueberry Beer

Backed. I tried that one too. I could not even chew down an entire bottle.

Also bought a six pack of Leinie's Apple Spice beer. There are still five left in the Guy Town fridge :whistle:

Stout=Yuck!..............tried it once and couldn't stomach it......

Never been a big one for Stout either. It ain't bad if it's tempered in a Black & Tan though....

On a related Pale Ale note, one of my office mates hooked me up with a six pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale today for my birthday... it's a-chillin' in the fridge right now... :banana:

The name alone makes me want to try it. I guess that's not such a great idea.

The beer I couldn't finish was Widmer Drifter Pale Ale. That stuff is wretched. I drank a Widmer Broken Halo IPA this morning after work. It's bad, but I can tolerate it. I've drank Pitbull and Hollandia. I've drank Guiness and Guiness Extra Stout. As bad as that stuff was I was able to finish. I even drank that energy drink/beer hybrid Full Tilt. My teeth were throbbing from the drink, but I kept going. I think my teeth hurt for a day.

What Pale Ale did you try, Jake? I happen to love most pale ales (Saranac is my favorite... Flying Dog makes a good one too...) ... but I understand how they may not be to everyone's taste, they do have a bit of a "bite" to them.

As for the question of drinks I couldn't finish, well... back in the 80s and 90s I was pretty big into beer can collecting, so I drank a LOT of weird swill for the sake of adding to that collection. If memory serves, the only two that I could not finish were a couple of ghetto malt liquors -- St. Ides (absolutely godawful stuff!) and something called "Coqui 900." At the time I bought the Coqui 900, I was in college and had walked down the hill from campus to this little grocery/beer store for some provisions. It was a hot day and I figured I could use some alcoholic refreshment for the walk back up. I had never seen "Coqui 900" before and obviously wanted the can for my collection, so I bought it, popped the top, and started walking back up to campus. After only a few swigs I poured the rest out in the gutter. It was totally undrinkable. And coming from somebody who drank more than his share of ghetto brew in those days, that is REALLY saying something!! (I still have the can, though. Haha.)

St. Ides.. Didn't you refer to that as "Panther piss" Or something??

And would that little grocery/beer store be the Concord Deli by any chance???? :tumbsup:

As for a beer I couldn't finish?? Probably that Dragon Stout beer I had, with Keith, at a convention for Our Frat.. Good but too thick for My taste....

Oh and our Frat Chapter got pretty much kicked out after that weekend..... :whistle:

Cherry Diet Coke :tumbsup:

no seriously, disgusting :/

but in terms of beer i don't like guiness....i also had a bottle of tesco's vodka that i couldn't finish, does that count? :lol:

Serves you right for your underage drinking :tsk:

I on the other hand never had a drink I never finished.

Although, I did leave some marks that tell a different story :puke:

Coopers pale ale ain't too bad. Don't think I've ever had trouble finishing a drink. Although, maybe baileys or one of those cream drinks - yuck!

Yeah, love that too - Coopers Pale Ale. Used to be all I drunk at my last job positioning as it was on tap and as cheap as New and VB etc.

I love Baileys... If someone gives it to me. Would never buy that stuff.

Cherry Diet Coke :tumbsup:

no seriously, disgusting :/

but in terms of beer i don't like guiness....i also had a bottle of tesco's vodka that i couldn't finish, does that count? :lol:

Serves you right for your underage drinking :tsk:

heh heh, but i am underage no more!!! lookin forward to buying my first bottle of JD tbh :tumbsup: