Eonian Records - May 17, 2009

STREET DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 21st

shakecity_homepage.jpg

SHAKECITY.JPG

Produced By: Erik Turner of Warrant & Tommy Thayer of Black N’ Blue / KISS

Featuring “Game of War” written by Jani Lane of Warrant

Featuring twelve sleazy, ear candy tracks, this is the album fans of hair metal have been screaming for over 20 years! According to the band, all they ever wanted to do was satisfy music fans by serving up the kind of songs that made you pump your fist and shout, “Hell yeah, that f**kin’ rocks!”

UZIPix-homepage.jpg

UZI.JPG

UZI was influenced by the metal rock wave ridden by bands like AC/DC and Motley Crue. Their debut, a collection full of razor guitars, piston-powered drums, and sleazy-pop hooks, displays ten extraordinary songs unleashing a barrage of swagger. "American Dream" and "Rocker" are soon to be classic metal anthems. Title track "Madhouse," arguably the album's best song, will raise blood pressure after just one listen. "Away From My Heart," one the band's strongest songs, undoubtedly rivals any rocker ballad by GNR, Motley Crue, or Skid Row.

E-Mail: RockShop@EonianRecords.com

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/eonianrecords

I want them both and I don't care how they sound! :lol: Seriously, they look awesome. Pretty sure I have some Shake City demos lying around and wasn't overly fussed by them, but I'd still like to hear it. Uzi looks very interesting.

Both of these bands sound really good!

You can check out a couple songs from them on the Eonian Records Myspace page;

www.myspace.com/eonianrecords

I can't wait to get the CD's, I'm looking forward to it....

STREET DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 21st

shakecity_homepage.jpg

SHAKECITY.JPG

Produced By: Erik Turner of Warrant & Tommy Thayer of Black N’ Blue / KISS

Featuring “Game of War” written by Jani Lane of Warrant

Featuring twelve sleazy, ear candy tracks, this is the album fans of hair metal have been screaming for over 20 years! According to the band, all they ever wanted to do was satisfy music fans by serving up the kind of songs that made you pump your fist and shout, “Hell yeah, that f**kin’ rocks!”

Hmmmm...interesting. That line (in bold) is from the first draft of Shake City's bio that I wrote. It was decided that the draft was too "animated," so I toned it down and came up with the version that you can read on Eonian's webpage, and one of the lines that I altered was the one above. Looks like they resurrected the "unedited" version for the press release!

I placed the edited version of your Shake City bio in the booklet. The bold line actually sounds good to me. It is more Rock 'N' Roll than...Kung Fu Panda.

Strike Twice artwork is finished, more news on that later.

I placed the edited version of your Shake City bio in the booklet. The bold line actually sounds good to me. It is more Rock 'N' Roll than...Kung Fu Panda.

Strike Twice artwork is finished, more news on that later.

Yeah, I've seen the Shake City proofs and they look good...nice job, pats on the back, beers all around, that sort of thing. Still, don't ever underestimate the total rock-n-roll badassery of Kung Fu Panda. :)

Steve also just sent me the proofs for Strike Twice--lookin' good!! They were my favorite--and easiest--bio to write, thanks to the plethora of details and crazy stories I was provided.

• 1 month later...
I just added 3 tracks from each to the HH radio feed. Both releases are quite solid, but I especially like the UZI CD. Some excellent material on that one!

-Dan

I think plenty of folks 'round here are gonna enjoy these bands like Rosie O'Donnell enjoys a box of Twinkies. And even though I wrote the history/bio for Shake City, it's UZI that's been kicking my keister ever since I got the CDs last week. Just pure, ballsy, in-yer-face, attitude-driven hard rock. Of course, Shake City is also quite good as well, just a little more melodic/commercial. So all you pop-metal pundits, pick up Shake City; those who like it harder/sleazier, grab some UZI.

Better yet, just buy 'em both. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So did anyone pick these up yet? Haven't seen/heard much talk about them. Then again, I'm not on the boards nearly as much as I used to be, so maybe I just missed the conversation. :cartman:

So did anyone pick these up yet? Haven't seen/heard much talk about them. Then again, I'm not on the boards nearly as much as I used to be, so maybe I just missed the conversation. :cartman:

I have picked all the Eonian stuff up.....all are kick ass, so far I think my favorite is Gynger Lynn, amazes me no one has replied to Mark's question as I know Eonian has sold alot of copies....their first four releases were down to under 100 copies of each left a couple weeks ago....glad I got mine....I can't wait for Sgt. Roxx....

I really, really have to put an end to my CD buying habits asap, but when Strike Twice hits the shelves I might try to pick these up as well.

Hey all,

I gotta say that the new artwork for the upcoming Sgt. Rox album looks AMAZING!!!~!

I also love the title as well!!

Hats off Suicide, keep up the fantastic work - :-)

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

Thanks, Dave. Secured the proper rights from the Bettie Page Estate and the artist who painted her image so we could incorporate her into the cover art along with my graphics. The band was very pleased with the outcome. More news later...Ciao. :headbanger:

Just got the Uzi cd...and it ROXX!!! I really like the Gynger Lynn 1st cd and just listening to some songs for their 2nd cd....which is even better.

Also looking forward to Dr Grind, Broad St Bullies (just listened to a song by them and they Rock!!), Sweet Sybil (Just as good as the Uzi CD), Bad Attitude, Felony, Wanted, Snakeskin Cowboy, Ronny North, and Legacy(another cool band worth a listen to).

Eonian Rulz!!

I have picked all the Eonian stuff up...all are kick ass...amazes me no one has replied to Mark's question as I know Eonian has sold alot of copies....their first four releases were down to under 100 copies of each left a couple weeks ago....glad I got mine....

Cool. I was starting to think nobody had purchased the Uzi or Shake City, or if they had, didn't like 'em enough to talk about 'em. I recall when Eonian's first batch (Gynger Lynn, Pistol Dawn, High Noon, & Charlemagne) came out, lots of folks were discussing them, but Uzi & Shake City haven't seemed to garner the same attention. Surprising, because I think both releases are better than anything in the first round of releases.

I have picked all the Eonian stuff up...all are kick ass...amazes me no one has replied to Mark's question as I know Eonian has sold alot of copies....their first four releases were down to under 100 copies of each left a couple weeks ago....glad I got mine....

Cool. I was starting to think nobody had purchased the Uzi or Shake City, or if they had, didn't like 'em enough to talk about 'em. I recall when Eonian's first batch (Gynger Lynn, Pistol Dawn, High Noon, & Charlemagne) came out, lots of folks were discussing them, but Uzi & Shake City haven't seemed to garner the same attention. Surprising, because I think both releases are better than anything in the first round of releases.

I'm going to place an order for these two today. :headbanger:

I've been slacking a little lately and am a little behind on some of the new releases out over the last couple of months.