The Hooters

Leykis101

Anybody else here dig The Hooters - the original country\rock\pop crossovers?

I was just reading a discussion some people were having on Amazon, I wasn't aware that The Hooters were heavy duty Christians! according to the people chating over there, The Hooters are all pretty Christian dudes! Go Figure

Yeah, I like hooters. norks.png

Dammit you stole my joke :cussing:

Anyone remember the old National Lampoon magazine? They used to have a regular feature called "TRUE FACTS" where they'd publish an odd photo of a real object or place sent in by a reader. One month there was a picture of a theatre where the Hooters were playing with the 80s band Squeeze. The marquee out front said -- you guessed it -- "SQUEEZE HOOTERS TONIGHT $14.95." Betcha they sold every ticket. :lol:

Yeah awesome band. Nervous Night and One Way Home and particularly excellent. I still don't have their first album 'Amore' which I think was released on CD in 2001. I've only seen it once but it was too expensive for me.

Yeah awesome band. Nervous Night and One Way Home and particularly excellent. I still don't have their first album 'Amore' which I think was released on CD in 2001. I've only seen it once but it was too expensive for me.

'Amore' is avaliable at the bands website. Not my favourite of theirs, but good all the same

Oh yeah... I dig The Hooters. I saw them many times... they used to venture down from the Philly area to Baltimore all the time. A guy on my hall when I was in college got me into this band. He spun "Amore" all the time. That wasn't my favorite release but I loved "Nervous Nights"...

I remember going up to see them headline The Spectrum in Philly way back in the mid 80's. They played a show on Thanksgiving night which was broadcast live on MTV. They were joined by Patty Smythe on stage for a song or two.

Does anyone have a copy of that MTV show on VHS or DVD...? I'd love to get a copy of it.

'Amore' is avaliable at the bands website. Not my favourite of theirs, but good all the same

Amore was huge around Philly/Jersey area when it came out!!!! it had a reggae vobe to it, they were local radio station HUGE!!!!! Then when they got a deal, the sound was changed, still great though!!!! if u listen to Amore, you can hear the original versions of several of the songs on Nervous Night!!!

oh, and they were the band that played on Cyndi Lauper's debut and Robert Gazzard, another local guy who never made it nationally wrote Girls just wanna have fun, he was also great and had a cool ep late 70's, the local hit was Escalator of Life!!!

Amore was huge around Philly/Jersey area when it came out!!!! it had a reggae vobe to it, they were local radio station HUGE!!!!! Then when they got a deal, the sound was changed, still great though!!!! if u listen to Amore, you can hear the original versions of several of the songs on Nervous Night!!!

oh, and they were the band that played on Cyndi Lauper's debut and Robert Gazzard, another local guy who never made it nationally wrote Girls just wanna have fun, he was also great and had a cool ep late 70's, the local hit was Escalator of Life!!!

And Most of Joan Osborne's 'Relish' disc aswell, if you haven't heard it!

Awesome! Thanks Jez! Ordered it straight away.

Does anyone have the Both Sides Live Album? Is it any good?

I have Amore, it's okay, pretty standard stuff, when compared to Nervous Nights, not bad, but It was one of those cd's I couldnt wait to put in and hear, and when I did it was like I couldnt get Nervous Nights into the cd player fast enough, and I have the Both Sides Of Live, it's very odd listening to a male rendition of Time After Time!

I have Amore, it's okay, pretty standard stuff, when compared to Nervous Nights, not bad, but It was one of those cd's I couldnt wait to put in and hear, and when I did it was like I couldnt get Nervous Nights into the cd player fast enough, and I have the Both Sides Of Live, it's very odd listening to a male rendition of Time After Time!

If you think that's wierd, I heard Eric Martin singing 'I Will Always Love You' (Whitney Houston) on one of his recent solo discs.

But yeah as for the Amore disc, I'm not expecting great things from it but I feel I need to own it to complete the classic Hooters discography in my collection. But you're right, when it comes to the Hooters you can't beat the Nervous Night album.

I only have "Zig Zag" and "One Way Home". Like them a lot. So you think "Nervous Night" is worth getting ?

I got the 'Both Sides Live' a few weeks ago and it is a cracking live album. Disc one is a full electric live show, whilst disc two is an acoustic Radio show, featuring drastically different versions. Really good stuff and definitely worth getting. :tumbsup:

What did you think of 'Time Stand Still' disc from last year? - I thought it was really really good, with some classic Hooters tracks on there.

I only have "Zig Zag" and "One Way Home". Like them a lot. So you think "Nervous Night" is worth getting ?

Oh Shit! If you really like those albums, Nervous Night will be like your X-mas present, you know those albums where you keep waiting for a bad song cause u think "how can they just keep having all these good songs" its one of those albums, imo, and then the cd's over, and guess what? no bad songs, no fillers,my favorite song is Day By Day, it is one of the truly overlooked gems of all time.

Oh Shit! If you really like those albums, Nervous Night will be like your X-mas present, you know those albums where you keep waiting for a bad song cause u think "how can they just keep having all these good songs" its one of those albums, imo, and then the cd's over, and guess what? no bad songs, no fillers,my favorite song is Day By Day, it is one of the truly overlooked gems of all time.

:agree: If you're going to have one Hooters album, "Nervous Night" is by far the one to have IMO. :)

:agree: If you're going to have one Hooters album, "Nervous Night" is by far the one to have IMO. :)

It's ordered ! :) Thanks, guys !! :drink:

No Problemo! be excited, I wish I hadn't heard Nervous Night yet, that way I could hear it for the first time again, In my book its nothing less then a classic, by the way, did anybody see the Married With Children when Marcie made reference to The Hooters and Al said "what? somebody stole my name for a band" just curious as that part made me laugh.

I got the 'Both Sides Live' a few weeks ago and it is a cracking live album. Disc one is a full electric live show, whilst disc two is an acoustic Radio show, featuring drastically different versions. Really good stuff and definitely worth getting. :tumbsup:

What did you think of 'Time Stand Still' disc from last year? - I thought it was really really good, with some classic Hooters tracks on there.

Yeah 'Time Stand Still' is a great album. It doesn't really have a single standout track for me but every track is a good one. It's just a really good rock album that you can put on and play all the way through. No disappointments. I like the cover of 'Bys Of Summer', probably the slowest cover of that song that I've heard (and yes I've heard a few of them).

I'll have to pick up that 'Both Sides Live' album now...

That is a great cover, Im telling you that Time After Time isnt bad, it's just very very different, but I don't know if it can hang with Eric Martin covering Whitney Houston?? thats a bit out there!

Totally a fan of the Hooters! And, yeah....."Nervous Night" is such a solid album all the way through! You won't be disappointed Bernd!