Bai Bang

Dead Planet

You can check out a few samples at MetalHeaven......I haven't heard them yet but I'll be listening as soon as I get away from work.

http://www.metalheaven.net/html/home.html

I don't think it was that special. I like the more melodic touch of the Cop to Con album.

I heard some samples on their MySpace page a couple weeks ago and thought they were great. Lyrically a bit on the simplistic "party-rock" side, but with big choruses and gobs of backing vox. Definitely a must-buy, and miles better than "Cop to Con."

Awesome news. Was not expecting this. Can't wait to hear it.

Love this band. All their discs are great except the horrible 'Enemy Lines'.

Glad they are back, why the hell it took them so long to get back on track I don't know.

This samples rock. I agree with Geoff, great music from this band, Enemy lines was boring soft.

I prefer them when they deliver party rock a la Warrant like "ridin'high" than aor like "cop to con".

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky enough to have spun this one. Verdict is - I like it. It's not going to top anyone's charts, but it might be amongst the top half of most people who hear it. This is just a good solid slab of hard rock.

Sounds like traditional Bai Bang (last couple of CDs - the ballsier hard rock) mixed with Sha-Boom's 'The Race is On'. They get a little melodic/commercial on a few tracks, and they are the stronger songs - love those ones - but it's mostly just solid hard rock. I can't see anyone being too unhappy with this one at all. Can't wait to spin it some more.

• 4 months later...

Have been spinning this one a lot lately. I got it a while back and had one listen and thouhgt it was good, but not great. Pulled it out again about 2 weeks ago and have had it playing almost non-stop.

This has definitely moved into my top 2-3 releases of 2009. It's quite a bit more melodic than what I usually listen to, but there are some brilliant party anthems on this one. Sorta sounds like a mix of WigWam and mid-era Def Leppard.

At this stage I'd most likely put it above both Johnny Lima and Chris Laney's 2009 releases... which have a comparable sound.

I'm still exactly where I was at when I first played it. Good solid disc that's easy to play and enjoy all the way through. Very good effort. I still say it's Sha-Boom mixed with faint Wig Wam (not quite as hook-filled as Wig Wam).

• 1 month later...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!?

I won this album for about 3 bucks on aussie ebay!! seriously, who sells this on ebay for that price?!

This is awesome! Id never heard of these guys! What is their other albums like? Are they easy to get? If i like this what similar bands have i avoided that i should hear?

I won this album for about 3 bucks on aussie ebay!! seriously, who sells this on ebay for that price?!

This is awesome! Id never heard of these guys! What is their other albums like? Are they easy to get? If i like this what similar bands have i avoided that i should hear?

Probably every Scandi rock album ever recorded. I've never really heard you talk about any of the classics so I'm probably pretty serious.

When it comes to Bai Bang, 'Cop to con' is their finest hour, but all their albums are great except the terrifyingly bad debut, 'Enemy Lines'.

Probably every Scandi rock album ever recorded. I've never really heard you talk about any of the classics so I'm probably pretty serious.

When it comes to Bai Bang, 'Cop to con' is their finest hour, but all their albums are great except the terrifyingly bad debut, 'Enemy Lines'.

Ass.