Juke Kartel

Geoff

So as not to overcrowd another thread, just thought I'd start a new one for these guys... a band Lindsay reminded me about. I only heard one song on radio one day (can't remember which one) but these guys sounded really good.

Debut 'Nowhere left to hide' is due out in 15 days by the looks of it.

http://www.myspace.com/jukekartel

Just for Geoff

Mar 27 2009 6:00P

Formula One Australian Grand Prix Melbourne, VIC

Mar 28 2009 8:00P

National Hotel Geelong, VIC

Mar 29 2009 8:00P

Ruby’s Lounge Belgrave, VIC

Apr 1 2009 8:00P

Oxford Tavern Woolongong, NSW

Apr 2 2009 8:00P

The Chili Lounge Wyong, NSW

Apr 3 2009 8:00P

Cambridge Hotel Newcastle, NSW

Apr 4 2009 8:00P

Gaelic Club Sydney, NSW

Apr 9 2009 8:00P

The Sand Bar Mildura, VIC

Apr 11 2009 8:00P

Monarto Open Plains Zoo FESTIVAL Monarto, SA

Apr 12 2009 8:00P

Enigma Bar Adelaide, SA

Apr 17 2009 8:00P

Amplifier Bar Perth WA

Apr 18 2009 8:00P

Prince of Wales Bunbury, WA

Apr 19 2009 8:00P

Newport Hotel Fremantle, WA

Apr 22 2009 8:00P

Hoey Moey Coffs Harbour, NSW

Apr 23 2009 8:00P

Great Northern Hotel Byron Bay, NSW

Apr 24 2009 8:00P

Step Inn Brisbane, QLD

Apr 25 2009 8:00P

Bon Amici Café Toowoomba, QLD

Apr 26 2009 8:00P

Coolangatta Hotel Coolangatta, QLD

Apr 30 2009 8:00P

Torquay Hotel Torquay, VIC

May 1 2009 8:00P

The Inferno Traralgon, VIC

May 2 2009 8:00P

Pier 21 Frankston, VIC

May 8 2009 8:00P

The Espy - Gershwin Room Melbourne, VIC

May 13 2009 8:00P

ANU Bar Canberra ACT

May 14 2009 8:00P

Bull ’n’ Bush Baulkham Hills NSW

May 15 2009 8:00P

Caringbah Bizzos Caringbah NSW

May 16 2009 8:00P

Mona Vale Hotel Mona Vale NSW

May 17 2009 8:00P

Hotel Gearin Katoomba, NSW

Just played some showcases in the US by the looks, and have a massive aussie tour coming up... 30+ dates

I'm going to try and catch them at the Gaelic Club on the 4th of April if tickets are a decent price.

Just for Geoff

Mar 27 2009 6:00P

Formula One Australian Grand Prix Melbourne, VIC

Mar 28 2009 8:00P

National Hotel Geelong, VIC

Mar 29 2009 8:00P

Ruby’s Lounge Belgrave, VIC

Apr 1 2009 8:00P

Oxford Tavern Woolongong, NSW

Apr 2 2009 8:00P

The Chili Lounge Wyong, NSW

Apr 3 2009 8:00P

Cambridge Hotel Newcastle, NSW

Apr 4 2009 8:00P

Gaelic Club Sydney, NSW

Apr 9 2009 8:00P

The Sand Bar Mildura, VIC

Apr 11 2009 8:00P

Monarto Open Plains Zoo FESTIVAL Monarto, SA

Apr 12 2009 8:00P

Enigma Bar Adelaide, SA

Apr 17 2009 8:00P

Amplifier Bar Perth WA

Apr 18 2009 8:00P

Prince of Wales Bunbury, WA

Apr 19 2009 8:00P

Newport Hotel Fremantle, WA

Apr 22 2009 8:00P

Hoey Moey Coffs Harbour, NSW

Apr 23 2009 8:00P

Great Northern Hotel Byron Bay, NSW

Apr 24 2009 8:00P

Step Inn Brisbane, QLD

Apr 25 2009 8:00P

Bon Amici Café Toowoomba, QLD

Apr 26 2009 8:00P

Coolangatta Hotel Coolangatta, QLD

Apr 30 2009 8:00P

Torquay Hotel Torquay, VIC

May 1 2009 8:00P

The Inferno Traralgon, VIC

May 2 2009 8:00P

Pier 21 Frankston, VIC

May 8 2009 8:00P

The Espy - Gershwin Room Melbourne, VIC

May 13 2009 8:00P

ANU Bar Canberra ACT

May 14 2009 8:00P

Bull ’n’ Bush Baulkham Hills NSW

May 15 2009 8:00P

Caringbah Bizzos Caringbah NSW

May 16 2009 8:00P

Mona Vale Hotel Mona Vale NSW

May 17 2009 8:00P

Hotel Gearin Katoomba, NSW

Thanks mate. If I like them - 4th in Sydney and 16th of May in Mona Vale I will see them. If affordable.

I think tix were about $15-20 last time round

Nice. Real nice. That's what I used to pay for Motor Ace so I'd say it's still around that mark. Good times.

I've not heard of these guys before, but great stuff. I'll be catching them on one of their Qld dates for sure. That first song on their MySpace 'December' is bloody awesome.

I've not heard of these guys before, but great stuff. I'll be catching them on one of their Qld dates for sure. That first song on their MySpace 'December' is bloody awesome.

Backed x 10. Just got a quick listen in and 'December' is absolutely superb. That must be the song I heard on the radio. 'Save me' is pretty crap but 'Throw it away' sounds okay. I need to hear a few more songs, but I really hope there are more like 'December'.

Backed x 10. Just got a quick listen in and 'December' is absolutely superb. That must be the song I heard on the radio. 'Save me' is pretty crap but 'Throw it away' sounds okay. I need to hear a few more songs, but I really hope there are more like 'December'.

Yeah I've got to say after listing to the MySpace samples, 'December' really outshines the rest of the songs. Some of the others are okay, but I've got a feeling these guys don't have any other songs that come close to 'December'. Still I'd like to be proven wrong and I'll be looking out for the album when it's released.

Yeah I've got to say after listing to the MySpace samples, 'December' really outshines the rest of the songs. Some of the others are okay, but I've got a feeling these guys don't have any other songs that come close to 'December'. Still I'd like to be proven wrong and I'll be looking out for the album when it's released.

I'd agree with that. I really liked 'December', but the rest were pretty run of the mill blah-de-blah 'where have we heard all this before' type stuff and after my initial interest, lost me very quickly.

I'll take an entire album of tracks like "December," and will then play the holy piss out of said album. Cool band, doubt I'll be seein' 'em live in Colorado, USA anytime soon though.......Jeff.

I just listened to a couple of tracks & I liked it. I remember him from Rockstar Supernova & I really liked him...but my favorite was the smokin hot, raspy voiced Dilana.... :tits:

• 3 weeks later...

Track List:

1. Save Me

2. Throw It Away

3. December

4. If Only

5. Innocence

6. My Baby

7. Sleeptalker

8. The Closer We Get

9. Tears

10. Then She Said

11. On Fire

12. Firesign

Heard this this morning. 'December' and 'The closer we get' are the best songs on this CD - both excellent. Of the rest, it really isn't bad. They remind me a lot of The Calling, July For Kings and Familiar 48.... that whole early 00's commercial modern rock vibe.

'If only' is a sweet ballad too, and 'Tears', 'Then she said' and 'On Fire' all also deliver quite well. Overall, it's solid, but against other modern rock forces I do regret to say I can't see it making much impact on anyone's list of faves this year. Good stuff, but not great.

• 2 months later...

A lot of fillers on this one, but at least 3 super fantastic songs. Shame they aren't more consistent.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone have any idea where to grab their nowhere to hide cd? Not sure I want to drop the $30+ on Amazon for this one.

Any dissatified buyers looking to dump theirs in a trade?

Did you ever find this one, mate? I don't know why but that one's impossible to pick up for a normal price. I still don't have it.

But what I did get the other day was their new album, 'Levolution.' I found this brand new for $10 and I'm all like WTF and picked it up asap. If it was advertised as a 6 song new EP I'd have understood the price and probably still bought it, but that's basically what it is. Although it is disguised as a 12 track new CD it's actually 6 new songs and 6 songs off 'Nowhere to hide.' And sadly gems like 'Closer we get' and 'Firesign' off the debut did not make the cut otherwise I'd just stick with 'Levolution' and not worry about seeking out the debut.

The 6 songs that did make it on here are all good ones and the new tracks are all good too, especially 'Road of glass.' That was excellent. The production job on the new songs is absolutely outstanding too.

Overall, if you don't have the debut this is a great buy, but if you do have the debut please be weary that this is essentially only an EP of 6 new songs. Good stuff, though. Good band.

Juke+Kartel-Levolution+2010.jpg

1 Anybody Out There 4:48

2 My Baby 3:46

3 Bullet Wearing Trademark Clothes 4:27

4 If Only 3:42

5 The Sign 4:20

6 Save Me 3:42

7 Road Of Glass 3:28

8 Soulshaper 3:53

9 December 4:16

10 Throw It Away 3:06

11 On Fire 4:11