Bulletboys and Great White

VinceNeilfan

Zzzzzzzzzz.......... <_<

Since reuniting in January 2007 to perform a benefit concert, GREAT WHITE has moved forward with the successful release in the summer of the same year of their return album "Back To The Rhythm", a record which was hailed by critics and fans as a return to the heydays of the band. After a world tour that celebrated the first 25 years of GREAT WHITE and that brought them for 14 concerts to Europe, bass player Sean McNabb opted out and was replaced by Scott Snyder (ex-RAMOS, ACCOMPLICE).

The band (which of course includes longtime members by Jack Russell, Michael Lardie, Audie Desbrow and Mark Kendall) went back to the studio and produced the brand new album "Rising", once again a tribute to the GREAT WHITE root sound with rock, blues and strong melodic elements. The Southern California blues hard rock band first took a bite out of the rock scene in 1984 and since then has achieved worldwide success, encompassing sales of over six million records. They received a Grammy Award nomination for "Best Hard Rock Performance" for the song "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" and earned a double platinum certification for the album "…Twice Shy".

The soulful, blues-based signature sound that turned songs like "Face The Day", "Rock Me" and "Save Your Love" into international hits, can also be found on the new songs which are currently being mixed by the band’s keyboard player Michael Lardie. The late '80s were boom years for the band, marked by non-stop touring with some of the biggest bands of the era and playing also in Europe and Japan. GREAT WHITE recorded two more albums for Capitol — "Hooked", which was certified gold and "Psycho City". Although Capitol issued a best-of compilation in 1993, GREAT WHITE had already departed the label to begin work on their next studio release, "Sail Away", released on Zoo Records in 1994 supporting it with relentless touring. Their next release, "Let It Rock", in 1996, GREAT WHITE then released on Portrait Records/Sony. "Can't Get There from Here" was released in 1999 and was the last album before the reunion of 2007.

"Rising" track listing:

01. Situation

02. All Or Nothin'

03. I Don't Mind

04. Shine

05. Loveless

06. Is It Enough

07. Last Chance

08. Danger Zone

09. Down On The Level

10. Only You Can Do

11. My Sanctuary

12. Let's Spend The Night Together

GREAT WHITE is:

Jack Russell - vocals

Michael Lardie - guitars, keyboards

Mark Kendall - guitars

Scott Snyder - bass

Audie Desbrow - drums

Definitely interested in the new Great White disc. Looking forward to that one.

Really not sure about Bulletboys, though. Is it still meant to be like the others they're released recently? Is it still just Marq Torien of the original members in the band?

Really not sure about Bulletboys, though. Is it still meant to be like the others they're released recently? Is it still just Marq Torien of the original members in the band?

Last song I heard from him/Bulletboys sounded like Creed.

Last song I heard from him/Bulletboys sounded like Creed.

:lol: Awesome. I can't wait

... to despise this album.

Lonnie's back in the band also. The new music has an updated sound. The only song I have heard was on Myspace but it was actually pretty good.

"Can't Get There from Here" was released in 1999 and was the last album before the reunion of 2007.

Obviously their press corps is hoping people have forgotten about that whole "100 dead people in Rhode Island" thing already.

"Can't Get There from Here" was released in 1999 and was the last album before the reunion of 2007.

Obviously their press corps is hoping people have forgotten about that whole "100 dead people in Rhode Island" thing already.

I dont see that at all, its just a statement of fact.

The last all new studio album prior to the 2007 album, Back to the rhythm, was the 1999 album, Cant get there from here!

The last all new studio album prior to the 2007 album, Back to the rhythm, was the 1999 album, Cant get there from here!

Point taken, but it also makes it sound like absolutely nothing happened in the G.W. camp between 1999 and the 2007 "reunion".... and we all know that ain't the truth!

The band that performed that night was not actually Great White, but Jack Russells Great White, and unofficial band often referred to (even by Russell himself) as Fake White, so as far as Great White goes, nothing did happen.

Point taken, but it also makes it sound like absolutely nothing happened in the G.W. camp between 1999 and the 2007 "reunion".... and we all know that ain't the truth!

Why would there be a need to make it 'sound' as if anything unrelated to releasing material occurred during that time?

I think the point is.....that 'what happened' had what to do with releasing albums? I mean, c'mon.....why would they mention that tragedy in a press release for the new album? If they didn't release any albums between those years...then there really is no reason to mention anything else.....

And I don't think that their 'press corps' thinks that anyone forgot.......but I would venture to guess, and I'm sure the band wants it that way, is that people have moved on....and besides...they had a release SINCE the tragedy....so why rehash that part of their career? There's no need.....

I'm not a huge Great White fan.....so the news of a new album is "well...ok, I'll see what this one sounds like to see if I'm even interested"....

Exactly.

The band Great White released no studio albums between those dates, and the band that was touring was not the real Great White, so why would they feel any need to mention that?

You wont hear Tigerailz talking about the unofficial version of Tigertailz in their history.

Or LA Guns talking about Paul Blacks LA Guns in their history.

The reason is they are not part of the bands history, they are a seperate entity.

There is also no mention of Jack Russells solo album, mainly because, its not a Great White album.

The simple fact is, the press release is just stating facts about Great White studio albums, not what each and every individual member did in the years between 99-07.

The only reason everyone thinks the band in that Long Island incident was the official Great White, is because the media is lazy and/or likes to make a story sound bigger.

They either did not do their research and realise it was not the official band, or they felt that the story would be bigger if the band involved was an established artist rather than an unofficial "tribute" if you will!