ZOMBIES IN AREA! RUN!

Fat Freddy

:rofl2:

Some geniuses in Austin, TX, figured out how to hack into the computers for a couple of electronic roadway signs and changed their messages to warn motorists of an oncoming zombie attack...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKVwwSto7iA

Run for cold climates!! :rofl2:

I guess that means you're safe for now, Rick... till the spring thaw, anyway... :yikes:

i saved a pic to use as an avatar later.

Speaking of avatars, what is your one at the moment? It looks odd. Like a purfume commercial or something? :lol:

i saved a pic to use as an avatar later.

Speaking of avatars, what is your one at the moment? It looks odd. Like a purfume commercial or something? :lol:

acutally, it the full size, you can see him sucking the breath out of her.

( i think dan should give us bigger avatars ;) )

Oh sure, it's all fun and games...UNTIL THE REAL ZOMBIES SHOW UP!

(You better not come staggering and moaning incoherently to me when your brains have been eaten. I'm serious.)

Oh sure, it's all fun and games...UNTIL THE REAL ZOMBIES SHOW UP!

(You better not come staggering and moaning incoherently to me when your brains have been eaten. I'm serious.)

If the zombies come to the forums looking for food, they will starve. :headbanger:

One of my friends lived in Austin TX (where this "zombie attack" happened) until about a year ago, he's in San Diego now. I sent him this YouTube video and he replied back "Yeah, that's about par for the course in Austin...that place was weird." Haha

There was a story in today's paper about the "Zombie" road signs... seems the same prank has been pulled in Illinois and Indiana... :rofl:

SIGN PRANKS DRIVE OFFICIALS MAD

Collinsville, Ill. - Pranksters in at least three states are messing with electronic road signs meant to warn motorists of possible traffic problems by putting drivers on notice about Nazi zombies and Raptors. And highway safety officials aren't amused.

The latest breach came during the Tuesday morning rush hour near Collinsville, Ill., where hackers changed a sign along southbound Interstate 255 to read, "Daily Lane Closures Due To Zombies."

A day earlier in Indiana's Hamilton County, the electronic message on a board in Carmel's construction zone warned drivers of "Raptors ahead - Caution."

And signs in Austin, Texas, recently flashed "Nazi Zombies! Run!" and "Zombies in Area! Run!"

Officials in Illinois are concerned that the rewritten signs distract motorists from heeding legitimate hazards down the road. The sign hacked Tuesday originally warned drivers of crews replacing guard rails.

"We understood it was a hoax, but at the same time those boards are there for a reason," said Joe Gasaway, an Illinois Department of Transportation supervisor. "We don't want drivers being distracted by a funny sign."

Authorities haven't figured out how pranksters access the signs. Gasaway believes the Illinois sign was changed remotely, and Austin Public Works spokeswoman Sara Hartley suspected the hackers there cut a padlock to get into the signs' computers.

... if they haven't figured out how the signs got hacked, they should just look on YouTube... there are several videos posted there with instructions on how it's done...

There was a story in today's paper about the "Zombie" road signs... seems the same prank has been pulled in Illinois and Indiana... :rofl:

SIGN PRANKS DRIVE OFFICIALS MAD

Collinsville, Ill. - Pranksters in at least three states are messing with electronic road signs meant to warn motorists of possible traffic problems by putting drivers on notice about Nazi zombies and Raptors. And highway safety officials aren't amused.

The latest breach came during the Tuesday morning rush hour near Collinsville, Ill., where hackers changed a sign along southbound Interstate 255 to read, "Daily Lane Closures Due To Zombies."

A day earlier in Indiana's Hamilton County, the electronic message on a board in Carmel's construction zone warned drivers of "Raptors ahead - Caution."

And signs in Austin, Texas, recently flashed "Nazi Zombies! Run!" and "Zombies in Area! Run!"

Officials in Illinois are concerned that the rewritten signs distract motorists from heeding legitimate hazards down the road. The sign hacked Tuesday originally warned drivers of crews replacing guard rails.

"We understood it was a hoax, but at the same time those boards are there for a reason," said Joe Gasaway, an Illinois Department of Transportation supervisor. "We don't want drivers being distracted by a funny sign."

Authorities haven't figured out how pranksters access the signs. Gasaway believes the Illinois sign was changed remotely, and Austin Public Works spokeswoman Sara Hartley suspected the hackers there cut a padlock to get into the signs' computers.

... if they haven't figured out how the signs got hacked, they should just look on YouTube... there are several videos posted there with instructions on how it's done...

Even if (and that's a big "if") they're technically savvy enough to hit YouTube, state IT depts. probably give them zero access to any of the sites that would actually help them...

I for one think this should be taken a lot more seriously...

...raptors are really dangerous. :banana:

I agree. Raptors > Nazi Zombies.

I agree. Raptors > Nazi Zombies.

Honestly, unless you're quadraplegic or boxed in, there's really no excuse for not escaping from zombies.

Unless the zombies figure out how to ride the raptors. :yikes: Then we are all in for some bad shit!!!

Unless the zombies figure out how to ride the raptors. :yikes: Then we are all in for some bad shit!!!

You have just given me a GREAT idea for a screenplay, Rick. This could be a cross between "Jurassic Park" and "Dawn of the Dead." Scuse me while I compose a letter to Mr. Spielberg. :money:

You have just given me a GREAT idea for a screenplay, Rick. This could be a cross between "Jurassic Park" and "Dawn of the Dead." Scuse me while I compose a letter to Mr. Spielberg. :money:

Don't bother sending Spielberg your script. I still haven't heard back from him about my "Indiana Schindler and the Color of Purple Goonies" manuscript. The guy is obviously a hack...