Seriously?

I bought a PC game called Bioshock and ended up not liking it at all. It was bought new and installed/uninstalled and put up on ebay within a few days. I priced it competitively with what others USED on ebay were priced at...

It sold and I sent it off quickly. I got this e-mail from the buyer once he recieved it

Hi, um... just a little comment, the box on the bioshock game was a little chipped in the top right corner. That doesn't really bother me since what matters most is the game disk which looks fine. But then again, in your description you mentioned that any wear and tear on used items is mentioned in ur descriptions. And that chip isn't mentioned, unless of course it happened during shipping. Like I said before though, it doesnt really bother me, but it would have been nice to know that the box was chipped.

WTF? What the hell does a tiny nick in the cardboard BOX have to do with it? It was fucking USED!!! and listed as USED!!! I never said it was mint. It was listed as Barely Used, which usually implies it's not MINT.

I responded:

The game was new when I bought it and I played it for 20 minutes and it wasn't for me. I uninstalled it and repacked it to sell it. I was actually just down to Target looking at games and I decided to check out the boxes of their games on the shelf, and over half of them had little nicks or chips on the corners, and they were brand new. From being first produced, to the packers, to the shippers, to the store stockers, to the store shelf and then the many people who pick up and put down that box, they're bound to get a little nick or scratch here or there, especially the corners. Now add on that I again had to ship it to you, so that's now more people handling it. The damage that I would describe would be if the box was torn or crushed or even the game disk itself. What I don't bother with is the normal wear and tear that 99.9% of the people would never even notice to begin with.

I then got this back from him, but he did leave a positive for me...

Well, that's all understandable, but this is definately more noticeable than what you described. Now, I'll say it again: It doesn't really bother me, but it would have been nice to know. I would have read the description saying "...there's a small chip on the box, but nothing major" and I would have been like "ok, who cares." That's all I'm trying to say, if you know that it's there, mention it. Now, if you didn't know... then ok, I'll take back all I've said.

I want you to understand that this is not a complaint about the product, because I am happy with it. I am only suggesting that if you know of something worth mentioning... mention it. Because this is more like 99.9% of people will notice it.

Anyway, thank you for reading. Have a nice day.

If there was a crush/dent/fold/crease/smash in the box, I would have listed it. Either it happened in shipping, which I have no control over, or this twit is examining it with a microscope and being entirely ANAL!! :stfu:

Sadly, I seem to attract these kind of people, which is why I don't sell alot on ebay anymore. These people should not breed... :hammer:

He did manage to leave a positive for me, but I couldn't help but respond:

Even If you would have seen it in the description, and would have said "who cares", then why does it matter anyway? Are you going to play the box? Are you displaying or framing the box? No... it probably went on the shelf where you won't see it again until either you uninstall the game or go to resell it yourself. What you're describing is bordering on slightly anal. And if you think that 99.9% would have noticed it, then I'll go as far to say that 99.8% would actually take the time to mention it or even worry about it to begin with. Now to rewind... I noticed NOTHING wrong with the box when I bought it or even sent it out, or it would have been mentioned, which again, 99.8% of the people would have considered the USPS the probable cause of the problem. My feedback as both a seller and buyer speaks for itself. Enjoy the game. I recommend TimeShift and FarCry 2

What a dumbass...It doesn't matter if you took a shit on the box as long as the game works...idiot...

Depending on the buyer, you could actually charge more for that.

I couldn't help myself from responding... Original post edited :whistle:

Good grief. I bet the buyer guy is in his 40s, has never kissed a woman, and lives alone with a lot of cats.

Nah... I'd put that up in a seperate auction and send him the link. Then put up an auction for a gluestick... :nyanya:

Definitely an idiot.....I buy PC games on eBay all the time and I've received games that look like the box was run over by a truck but as long as the game works fine I don't complain...shit like that happens and any buyer that doesn't realize this should buy all their stuff at a bricks and mortar outlet and stay away from eBay...

I couldn't help myself from responding... Original post edited :whistle:

I hope my off-hand joke didn't get you ticked off. I was just making the point that there is alot of squirrel-bait on eBay.

(And by the way, sending the buyer a link to a glue stick? Genius!) :banana:

I don't know. Maybe he is a "PC game collector". For some that might be the same thing as a minor mark of some kind on a CD insert. If he is a "collector" this may have bothered him... but he isn't a "PC game collector", he justed wanted the game. :whistle:

CD inserts are encased in a jewel case and are pretty much protected while on the store shelf. The PC games are encased in their box, which is easily marred up by not-so-gentle shoppers. It's a 99% prbabalility that you can go to any retail store and look at their games and see small dents in the cardboard boxes on the corners and edges, much like those damn digipacks they sell CD's in sometimes. Besides, there were millions of these games sold. Comparing that to a collectable CD is apples and oranges

:nyanya:

Good grief. I bet the buyer guy is in his 40s, has never kissed a woman, and lives alone with a lot of cats.

:wtf: Are you spying on me?

Seriously though, people are idiots. I sell my games when I'm done with them and haven't run into anyone like that yet, but I'm waiting for it to happen... <_<