Burn Halo

Glen

http://www.myspace.com/burnhalo

This kicked my arse this morning. Some delicious straight up hard rock.

Can't listen at work, but looking forward to checking 'em out when I get home. I always enjoy a good ass-kicking, musically-speaking. It'll have a hard time topping the last 18 Visions CD though...that puppy is phenomenal.

OK, just checked this out and am liking what I'm hearing. Down 'n' dirty, gritty hard rock in the vein of Buckcherry/GNR but with some really cool choruses (as Lennie mentioned, track three is a corker). I will definitely grab a copy when it gets released on 3/10/09.

Thanks for the heads up, my good man! :dance:

I really enjoyed the last 18 Visions CD, espcially 'Broken hearted' which is one of my fav songs ever. As for Burn Halo they have an awesome hard rock sound and should appeal to many here.

This is good stuff and has made it to my 'buy list'.....but I've got to ask who is '18 Visions'..??

All you need to know about Eighteen Visions is their last CD, the s/t one from I think it was 2006. Utterly essential slab of modern melodic hard rock.

Oh, and can't wait to hear this one. I thought he was doing a solo disc? Oh well, either way I can't wait.

This is good stuff and has made it to my 'buy list'.....but I've got to ask who is '18 Visions'..??

All you need to know about Eighteen Visions is their last CD, the s/t one from I think it was 2006. Utterly essential slab of modern melodic hard rock.

:agree: This is a pretty rocking release. Haven't heard it for a while, gotta dig it out again...

I'm liking the single "Dirty Little Girl". Based on the other couple of songs it's still too early to tell whether the whole album's a keeper or not though. Here's hoping!

This sounds pretty cool, I'm definitely picking this up. I wouldn't normally have bothered as I truly disliked 18 VISIONS with a passion, they were soulless modern rock IMO (the only good thing to come out of that band was that they broke up and then BLEEDING THROUGH got formed), but this sounds more interesting...

• 1 month later...

First spin detailed impressions:

01. Dirty Little Girl (feat. AVENGED SEVENFOLD's Synyster Gates) ; good solid hard rock opener.

02. Save Me ; another one like the opener - solid modern hard rock in the style of the last disc from 18visions.

03. Here With Me ; Beautiful melodic rocker which draws heavily on the more melodic side of 18Visions again.

04. To Late To Tell You Now ; album highlight so far. Superb mid-tempo / ballad melodic gem. Again, like the better songs off the last 18Visions disc.

05. So Addicted ; pretty average hard rock track. Not the best.

06. Dead End Roads & Lost Highways ; another solid but not amazing hard rocker.

07. Saloon Song ; and back to a delicious melodic rocker with a wonderful chorus. Love it.

08. Our House ; decent but again pretty average hard rock. Not bad.

09. Fallin Faster ; and time for another gem. Delicious ballad with another big chorus. Probably the weakest of the more melodic songs so far, but good anyway.

10. Anejo (feat. AVENGED SEVENFOLD's Synyster Gates) ; well hello. This is nice. Killer hard rock riff - sounds like something off a Crue album or the like - killer hard rock track with a pretty cool chorus and a great solo. Nice, nice stuff.

11. Back To The Start ; Excellent ballad. Beautiful pre-chorus/chorus. A highlight of the disc.

12. Gasoline ; Oh man, what a closer. Killer 80's hard rock style riff to start off with, killer verses, another nice guitar solo and a real highlight of the album to finish up. Reminds me of vintage Gunners. Marvelous!!!

In conclusion, if you loved the last 18Visions disc this is what you'd expect to naturally follow afterwards. It's not as heavy and there's no more screams, but this is just a good solid hard rock album just like what 18Visions were always going to ending up doing. Like that last disc, there is a division between hard rockers and melodic/mid-tempo numbers. The split wasn't 50/50 before, but it is now. Nice. Well worth checking out.

First spin detailed impressions:

01. Dirty Little Girl (feat. AVENGED SEVENFOLD's Synyster Gates) ; good solid hard rock opener.

02. Save Me ; another one like the opener - solid modern hard rock in the style of the last disc from 18visions.

03. Here With Me ; Beautiful melodic rocker which draws heavily on the more melodic side of 18Visions again.

04. To Late To Tell You Now ; album highlight so far. Superb mid-tempo / ballad melodic gem. Again, like the better songs off the last 18Visions disc.

05. So Addicted ; pretty average hard rock track. Not the best.

06. Dead End Roads & Lost Highways ; another solid but not amazing hard rocker.

07. Saloon Song ; and back to a delicious melodic rocker with a wonderful chorus. Love it.

08. Our House ; decent but again pretty average hard rock. Not bad.

09. Fallin Faster ; and time for another gem. Delicious ballad with another big chorus. Probably the weakest of the more melodic songs so far, but good anyway.

10. Anejo (feat. AVENGED SEVENFOLD's Synyster Gates) ; well hello. This is nice. Killer hard rock riff - sounds like something off a Crue album or the like - killer hard rock track with a pretty cool chorus and a great solo. Nice, nice stuff.

11. Back To The Start ; Excellent ballad. Beautiful pre-chorus/chorus. A highlight of the disc.

12. Gasoline ; Oh man, what a closer. Killer 80's hard rock style riff to start off with, killer verses, another nice guitar solo and a real highlight of the album to finish up. Reminds me of vintage Gunners. Marvelous!!!

In conclusion, if you loved the last 18Visions disc this is what you'd expect to naturally follow afterwards. It's not as heavy and there's no more screams, but this is just a good solid hard rock album just like what 18Visions were always going to ending up doing. Like that last disc, there is a division between hard rockers and melodic/mid-tempo numbers. The split wasn't 50/50 before, but it is now. Nice. Well worth checking out.

yep this is on the radar......cheers for the low down

• 4 weeks later...

Bump. The cd was finally released today after being delayed for a couple of weeks. Picked my copy up today at Best Buy for $9.99. Not a bad price at all. And the verdict, very good straight ahead guitar driven hard rock. Influences seem to range from Hinder to Buckcherry to Motley Crue to 18 Visions and even a little G'N'R. All in all it was a nice breath of fresh air from all the canned pop shit that cotinues to plague the airwaves. Out of 12 tracks I only found two to be what I would call fillers. Definitely recommended. It was a nice mix of ballads and rockers. Too many good tracks to call out any favorites yet.

Bump. The cd was finally released today after being delayed for a couple of weeks. Picked my copy up today at Best Buy for $9.99. Not a bad price at all. And the verdict, very good straight ahead guitar driven hard rock. Influences seem to range from Hinder to Buckcherry to Motley Crue to 18 Visions and even a little G'N'R. All in all it was a nice breath of fresh air from all the canned pop shit that cotinues to plague the airwaves. Out of 12 tracks I only found two to be what I would call fillers. Definitely recommended. It was a nice mix of ballads and rockers. Too many good tracks to call out any favorites yet.

Okay, I have to check, mate. Do we have the same track list? Are 'Back To The Start' and 'Gasoline' the last two on your disc? If so, WOW. They were two of my favourite songs on this thing...

Okay, I have to check, mate. Do we have the same track list? Are 'Back To The Start' and 'Gasoline' the last two on your disc? If so, WOW. They were two of my favourite songs on this thing...

Yes, 'Back to the start' and 'Gasoline' are the last two tracks on my disc as well. The two fillers for me I was referring to are "Save Me" (I like the verses better than the chorus on this one) and "Gasoline". I do like the track "Back to the start". I've spun the disc again and I'm finding my favs so far to be "Dirty Little Girl", "Anejo", and "Saloon". I guess no one else has picked up this little gem yet.

Yes, 'Back to the start' and 'Gasoline' are the last two tracks on my disc as well. The two fillers for me I was referring to are "Save Me" (I like the verses better than the chorus on this one) and "Gasoline". I do like the track "Back to the start". I've spun the disc again and I'm finding my favs so far to be "Dirty Little Girl", "Anejo", and "Saloon". I guess no one else has picked up this little gem yet.

Cool. Yeah, 'Save me' wasn't one of my faves either. I think there are a couple of fillers, but I love that riff on 'Gasoline'. :)

• 1 month later...

So you guys have all gone mad. I got this thing sent to me free and it's just crap - fucking awful vocals (he sounds like a ringer for that muppet from HINDER), stripped-down sound, no real hooks, and some very very formulaic hard rock. It's like a mix of Nickleback/Tesla/Hinder etc etc... None of which I like one little bit. This is Modern Rock without the melody or hooks. So I didn't like 18 VISIONS either, but it was better than this!

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

P.s. Like HINDER, I'm up for a fight on this one as it's pure SHITE.

So you guys have all gone mad. I got this thing sent to me free and it's just crap - fucking awful vocals (he sounds like a ringer for that muppet from HINDER), stripped-down sound, no real hooks, and some very very formulaic hard rock. It's like a mix of Nickleback/Tesla/Hinder etc etc... None of which I like one little bit. This is Modern Rock without the melody or hooks. So I didn't like 18 VISIONS either, but it was better than this!

I cant fight you mate as I havent heard it yet.

This cd kicks ass! There are a few fillers but for the most part, this is a fine slab of sleazy hard rock. Thumbs up. Still hasn't knocked the Johnny Lima "Livin' Out Loud" disc out of my player yet. But it will definitely get a bunch of spins at work next week. That first tune "Dirty Little Girl" sounds soooooo damn much like Buckcherry. Anybody else here Buckcherry in that song?

This cd kicks ass! There are a few fillers but for the most part, this is a fine slab of sleazy hard rock. Thumbs up. Still hasn't knocked the Johnny Lima "Livin' Out Loud" disc out of my player yet. But it will definitely get a bunch of spins at work next week. That first tune "Dirty Little Girl" sounds soooooo damn much like Buckcherry. Anybody else here Buckcherry in that song?

I agree! This is a pretty good little disc! Nice modern hard rock.

I cant fight you mate as I havent heard it yet.

If you like the sound of it let me know, and a free copy will come your way...

I still think it's solid. Yeah, there are enough fillers on it but the melodic moments are pretty good. I must say, I put a bunch of songs on my Ipod and when a couple have spun recently I have found myself thinking, maybe that doesn't deserve a position here. Still, I dig this enough. :)

I played this yesterday for the first time and I have to say I'm a little impressed.

I hear a mix of Buckcherry with maybe a little Nickelback in places. Good stuff.

You're such a modern rocker. Have you heard Papa Roach's 'Metamorphosis'? Blows this one out of the water, imo.

I played this yesterday for the first time and I have to say I'm a little impressed.

I hear a mix of Buckcherry with maybe a little Nickelback in places. Good stuff.

You're such a modern rocker. Have you heard Papa Roach's 'Metamorphosis'? Blows this one out of the water, imo.

I have heard that one and yeah it's pretty good.

Much better than that crappy rap metal they did on their first couple of releases.

I have heard that one and yeah it's pretty good.

Much better than that crappy rap metal they did on their first couple of releases.

Backed. You should check out their 'The Paramour Sessions' disc too, which is even better than the awesome newie. :)