Burn Halo

Glen

I played this yesterday for the first time and I have to say I'm a little impressed.

I hear a mix of Buckcherry with maybe a little Nickelback in places. Good stuff.

You're such a modern rocker. Have you heard Papa Roach's 'Metamorphosis'? Blows this one out of the water, imo.

I have heard that one and yeah it's pretty good.

Much better than that crappy rap metal they did on their first couple of releases.

Backed. You should check out their 'The Paramour Sessions' disc too, which is even better than the awesome newie. :)

I've heard that that one is a good one.

I had a chance to pick it up recently for next to nothing but I passed for some reason. :anon:

I got this thing sent to me free and it's just crap - fucking awful vocals (he sounds like a ringer for that muppet from HINDER), stripped-down sound, no real hooks, and some very very formulaic hard rock. It's like a mix of Nickleback/Tesla/Hinder etc etc... None of which I like one little bit. This is Modern Rock without the melody or hooks.

P.S. Like HINDER, I'm up for a fight on this one as it's pure SHITE.

Tim, buddy, anyone that can extol the catchiness of Cannibal Corpse yet accuse Burn Halo of being hookless is crazier than a lobotomized monkey popping acid while licking hallucinogenic mushrooms. You may not like the band, but can you honestly say with a straight face that tracks like "Dirty Little Girl," "Saloon Song," and "Anejo" don't have any "real hooks"? C'mon!!

Hey, your opinion, my friend. Or should i say, your loss...???

• 5 years later...

Another band I was just wondering about. For anyone interested, apparently they'd recorded their 3rd album around mid 2014 but their label folded so the release was delayed. Apparently they just signed with a new label in March of this year, so hopefully new tunes on the way soon. This tune was released early last year. It's okay but not setting my world alight:

The singer's prior band Eighteen Visions pisses all over Burn Halo...........I have both of their previous releases and they're just not as good as Eighteen Visions.

Yeah, to a degree. The last two Eighteen Visions albums were excellent but before that was awful. The last Eighteen Visions album was fantastic, with some brilliant stuff on it.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, to a degree. The last two Eighteen Visions albums were excellent but before that was awful. The last Eighteen Visions album was fantastic, with some brilliant stuff on it.

So, imagine my glee when I saw that from out of nowhere they had recorded and released a new album this year, titled 'XVIII.' My glee lessened a bit when I saw it described as "metalcore/post-hardcore." But I thought, nah, it'll be cool. They wouldn't be so stupid as to think going back to their beginnings would be a good thing. So I assumed maybe it'd be a bit heavier, but still with quality tunes.

Well, I was wrong. This new album is wretched. Just heavy, metalcore shit, like their debut. Which was the only album of theirs I hated. I won't dare encourage anyone to check this album out, but if you're curious, here's what they sound like in 2017;