NFL Final Game of Season

LV KIX

With one week left in the regular season... Which team that is alive for a post season spots do you wanna see make the playoffs ? Why...? Still a few teams in each the AFC and NFC that can sneak in with one game each remaining. Or... What team that is still alive do you hope has to watch the post season on TV...? Why...?

I want... The Ravens to win against Jacksonville and secure the final AFC wild card spot. This because I am a Ravens season ticket holder. Besides... this is the 3rd home game in a row that was moved with that crappy flex schedule thingy. Again this week the game was moved to after dark... I hate the cold weather. :2up:

I don't want... The Patriots. Why..? Because they are cheaters. :2up:

I don't want the Broncos to get in. I would really love to see the Chargers get the spot in the playoffs that Denver was all but assured of. I also hate the Cheatriots and the Ravens. It's most assured one of the two will get in. If one of the two has to get in I'd rather see the Ravens.

I don't want the Broncos to get in. I would really love to see the Chargers get the spot in the playoffs that Denver was all but assured of. I also hate the Cheatriots and the Ravens. It's most assured one of the two will get in. If one of the two has to get in I'd rather see the Ravens.

How can you say that about the Broncos when you were supposedly a Bronco fan?

It's obvious you were never a fan of the Broncos.

I'd love for them to tie and by some crazy get up , both of them not get in :whistle:

I hate Ratface for the donkeys but I despise Rivers.

I'd love for them to tie and by some crazy get up , both of them not get in :whistle:

Rivers seems like a fuckhead to me.

The Broncos I loved are no more. I refuse to support a team that disrespects its players the way the Broncos have. I want the Broncos to take their medicine.

Jesus Christ here we go again...I miss the Snake thread starting :)

The Broncos I loved are no more. I refuse to support a team that disrespects its players the way the Broncos have. I want the Broncos to take their medicine.

Jesus fucking Christ if I fucking had a dollar everytime one of my favorite teams got rid of a player I liked then I'd be a rich man. Either you're a fan of the TEAM or you're not. If you're a fan of just Jake Plummer then fair enough, then I would recommend you get into the the sport Handball now that he's trying to play professionally(this isn't a joke he was just on outside the lines last week playing). I'd loved Jake to and hated to see him go but to root against a team that was SUPPOSEDLY your favorite is just fucking stupid In my fucking opinion.

They had a good team. Jake took them all the way to the AFC championship. What did he get for his best professional season? He got demoted. Not only that but stupid Shanahan imploded the team. Denver went from a contender to a joke over night. I want Denver to eat their mistake. I want them to pay for it. Every year they do nothing proves just how wrong they were about Jake.

It would be pretty tough for me to just turn my back on one of my teams. I can understand Jacob's frustration... After all, I had to sit in the stands and watch Kyle (I should have been a) Boller fumble around behing center in Baltimore. The prior coach (who I will not say the name of) should have been gone at least 5 years before he was fired... But I never missed going to a home game and even traveled to a few road games. I've stuck with the Ravens through it all. In my opinion, knowing what it is like to lose make winning more satisfying.

Maybe this will be the year it all works out. Being a Broncos fan at least you know what it is like to win. Prior to the Ravens moving to Baltimore I was (and still am) a Cardinal fan. I've been a Cardinal fan for close to 40 years (I'm old). Even with a team in Baltimore I can't just turn my back on the Cardinals. In fact, I've seen the Cardinals play in AZ at least 6 or 7 times. I too was a Jake Plummer fan....Yeah it was tough when he left the Cardinals... but I stuck with them. Even after having season tickets for the Ravens for years and years I still don't know who I want to win when they play each other. As a matter fact, Last year the Cardinals played in Baltimore... I couldn't root against either team. The problem was the game was early in the year and I had no idea what type of playoff implications the game might have. The Ravens won with a field goal with less then 2 minutes left. If the Cardinals had of won that game (or any other)... they would have earned a wild card spot last year. The Ravens were long out of the playoffs last year.

Thank God they can't meet this year unless it is in the Super Bowl. If that happens... well... I don't know yet.

PS - The ownership of the AZ Cardinals is horrible... but you can't take that out on the players who go out and give their best week after week.

Sorry about the long post... :popcorn:

I will stick with my boys from Pennsylvania and yes I know they are not everyones fave, especially around Seattle, but, like Dave's mentioned cunundrum (sp), a few years back my favorite team and my heavily supported local team were in the big game together...

Of Seattle blows dog this year, like most years, but noone seems to admit to it, curious to see what shakes out now that GM wannabe Mike Holmgren is moving on up...

And with Pitt. love him or hate Big Ben is a stud and man do they have a knack for some real edge of your seat games.

Outside of those 2 teams it would be great to see the boys from Az make a run for it.

I will stick with my boys from Pennsylvania and yes I know they are not everyones fave, especially around Seattle, but, like Dave's mentioned cunundrum (sp), a few years back my favorite team and my heavily supported local team were in the big game together...

Of Seattle blows dog this year, like most years, but noone seems to admit to it, curious to see what shakes out now that GM wannabe Mike Holmgren is moving on up...

And with Pitt. love him or hate Big Ben is a stud and man do they have a knack for some real edge of your seat games.

Outside of those 2 teams it would be great to see the boys from Az make a run for it.

Needless to say... I hate the Steelers. :whistle:

If there is a team I want to get squashed in their first game it would be the Steelers. I imagime most people in Seattle feel the same way after all the bad calls in the Super Bowl when Seattle should have beaten Pitt.

If there is a team I want to get squashed in their first game it would be the Steelers. I imagime most people in Seattle feel the same way after all the bad calls in the Super Bowl when Seattle should have beaten Pitt.

Oh... and with any luck, Ben will get a new motorcycle for Christmas. :unsure:

I would like Kansas City to win their last game to build going into 2009. It won't effect their draft paosition which should be #3 meaning Crabtree should be there. My guess is that several teams will want to trade down for him (We have Bowe) and we can pick up several more picks & still get who we want. I have watched every Chief game this year closely. You may think I'm smoking something but they are literally two line backers & a defensive end away from the playoffs next year.

Mark my words...;)

Oh... and with any luck, Ben will get a new motorcycle for Christmas. :unsure:

Owww! Thanks Dave for all the love. :)

I know the Steelers are a love/hate squad. I could watch Hines Ward all day long, what an amazing athlete and does it with a smile.

They had a good team. Jake took them all the way to the AFC championship. What did he get for his best professional season? He got demoted. Not only that but stupid Shanahan imploded the team. Denver went from a contender to a joke over night. I want Denver to eat their mistake. I want them to pay for it. Every year they do nothing proves just how wrong they were about Jake.

When they drafted Cutler Plummer knew his days where numbered.

I liked Jake to but the reason they went to the AFC Championship in 2005 was because of an excellent defense and a consistent running game not because of Plummer. He had a solid year and didn't turn the ball over as much as he normally does. I've been a Bronco fan since 1986 and have seen many fav players come and go but am still a fan of the team. I hated to see Steve Atwater go to the Jets and I hated to see Sharpe go to the Ravens but in the end I was a fan of the Broncos not the players.

That's where we're different my friend. If I believe something is wrong I'm not going to fall in line. It's too easy to kiss your teams a$$. People like you could care less what they do. They could replace Cutler with Ryan Leaf and the rest of the team with the current Lions roster and people like you would be saying, "That was a brilliant move by the Broncos. I feel a Super Bowl coming on." Teams know that and that's the reason they don't care. No matter what they do you will still be kissing their ass. That's how we end up with franchises like Detroit and Oakland.

That's where we're different my friend. If I believe something is wrong I'm not going to fall in line. It's too easy to kiss your teams a$$. People like you could care less what they do. They could replace Cutler with Ryan Leaf and the rest of the team with the current Lions roster and people like you would be saying, "That was a brilliant move by the Broncos. I feel a Super Bowl coming on." Teams know that and that's the reason they don't care. No matter what they do you will still be kissing their ass. That's how we end up with franchises like Detroit and Oakland.

Sorry bro but I don't just fall in line as you say but I am a Realist and knew when the Broncos traded up to get Cutler then Jake's days in Denver were numbered. I don't live under a rock and I don't have my head up my ass. Cutler has a better arm and has more upside considering his talents and his age. I hated to see Jake go and wish they'd given him the rest of the season in 2006 to figure it out but they didn't. The Majority of the losses the Broncos have had this year are not Cutler's fault it's the fault of injuries to their first 6 running backs and a piss poor Defense. Cutler made the pro bowl this year so I wouldn't say that the decision to go with him has been a bad one. Again I do care what they do if I didn't I wouldn't be the diehard fan that I've been for 22 years. Also what's this "people like me" bullshit? You fucking don't even know me so how do you fucking know people like me?

What I want to happen isn't likely to, and that's the Eagles get in. I'm sick and tired of the arrogant Cocksucker Cowboys and I want Terrell Owens to bite the big one.

I'd like to see the Ravens get in. I think Flacco's done a great job of spiting the prognosticators.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Rivers seems like a fuckhead to me.

Yeah..that guy is a freakin' imbecile.

Sorry bro but I don't just fall in line as you say but I am a Realist and knew when the Broncos traded up to get Cutler then Jake's days in Denver were numbered. I don't live under a rock and I don't have my head up my ass. Cutler has a better arm and has more upside considering his talents and his age. I hated to see Jake go and wish they'd given him the rest of the season in 2006 to figure it out but they didn't. The Majority of the losses the Broncos have had this year are not Cutler's fault it's the fault of injuries to their first 6 running backs and a piss poor Defense. Cutler made the pro bowl this year so I wouldn't say that the decision to go with him has been a bad one. Again I do care what they do if I didn't I wouldn't be the diehard fan that I've been for 22 years. Also what's this "people like me" bullshit? You fucking don't even know me so how do you fucking know people like me?

I don't think it's even a football thing...I think he secretly likes the nickname Snake...

When they drafted Cutler Plummer knew his days where numbered.

I liked Jake to but the reason they went to the AFC Championship in 2005 was because of an excellent defense and a consistent running game not because of Plummer. He had a solid year and didn't turn the ball over as much as he normally does. I've been a Bronco fan since 1986 and have seen many fav players come and go but am still a fan of the team. I hated to see Steve Atwater go to the Jets and I hated to see Sharpe go to the Ravens but in the end I was a fan of the Broncos not the players.

The problem is that they should have never drafted Cutler to begin with. I have never seen a player have such a successful season and then get replaced. If Jake had went 4-12 or 5-11 I probably wouldn't have cared as much. If you succeed you should get rewarded. Once Cutler was drafted I knew it was over. Jake would have had to have led the Broncos to a record of at least 12-4 again and a Super Bowl win to have kept his job. Even with a Super Bowl win he probably would have still lost his job. The deck was stacked against him.

I will give you that a big part of the reason the Broncos were successful that year was because of a good defense and a good running game. When the defense collapsed after it's epic start the next year everyone pointed the finger at Plummer. The finger pointing was ridiculous. The defense gave up 40 points. It's Jake's fault because he didn't score 50. Then Denver had the bright idea, "Our defense can't stop anyone anymore. Let's replace Jake with Cutler. That'll solve our problem." Stupid retards. Replacing your quarterback isn't going to make your defense any better.

When they did that I lost all respect for Denver.